PDA

View Full Version : How to make "James" more baby like ?

Mum23boys
May 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I dont like the name James much but as we are sooooo stuck on a boys name I think i may give in and name baby number 4 ( if its a boy ) James - after hubby and his dad and his dads dad etc ..... with Elliott as a middle name - James Elliott Grant but as I dont like James I also dont think its babyish enough - i dont mean silly cute but james just really doesnt appeal to me for a baby - what would you call a baby that was called James as a nickname -- Ive heard Jay, JJ, Jimmy, Jim, Jamesy ....

bunnywabbit
May 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM
DH and I are likely going to call our little one Jamie should we have a little boy. Is a little softer than James.

mommymachine
May 5th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I love the name James for a boy and I would just call him Jamie when he is little:)

NearlyDone
May 5th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I love love love Jameson which literally means son of james

Mrs_P
May 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I'm not keen on Jamie but it is the most common shortened version of James, but then in my opinion although James is not that babyish it is a lovely name and doesn't not suit a baby and he won't be little for that long - you could always give him a nick name thats not name related my boys all have nick names not connected to their real names as affectionate things i call them

Mum23boys
May 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM
nEARLYDONE - i HADNT THOUGHT OF THAT NAME !! Ill run it past DH - He will probably hate it but i like it :-) Thanks

Mum23boys
May 5th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Ha ha MRS p we have Monster, Squit and Squirt among other names

jennaesue
June 4th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I have a James, and he officially goes by Jamie, but he is mostly called Jay or Jay Jay.

Pandora1
June 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
The shortened name here for James is Jim or Jimmy. I like the name James though.

HopeandDreamG
June 7th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I know guys named James that are called Jamie