TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
BOY
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy 4, Boy 2
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
LE vegetarian. No breakfast, no snacking. 2-3 meals per day. If I had a 3rd meal in the evening, it was lollies, usually Jelly Beans.
I was very strict with the diet until the last month. In the last month I allowed a little more calories, protein and fat- although all were still within the diet limits but at the upper limit.
In regards to alcohol, I rarely had a drink in the first 5 months of ttc. In the last month, I had a few drinks on some of the days around ovulation.
I drank lots of 7up free and Coke Zero as part of the diet.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
1 month of loose diet, occasional meat. Then 2 weeks of strict vegetarian diet before first attempt.
Over 7 months of diet before successful attempt.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
DH did not change his diet to sway.
He has changed his diet to be more healthy since I was pregnant with DS2. Less red meat, less snacking, calorie controlled.
Alcohol several days leading up to O due to Social events.
DId you consume alcohol? A couple of drinks per week

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
Several coffees a day. It got me through to lunchtime for my first meal.
I really enjoy a coffee or two in the morning, so I wasn't giving this up.
I figured it would also help to decrease fertility.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
BMI 17.5 at O.
I struggled to keep weight on when on the diet.
I lost over 10 pounds on the diet. In the month of BFP I actually loosened up on the diet, sticking to the higher end of the limits. I actually put on just under a pound, which makes me nervous.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Couch potato!
I did moderate exercise while ttc both of my boys. I didn't think I could realistically do the exercise needed to sway girl so went with couch potato.
I have had significant muscle shrinkage. My tummy feels flabby. I feel so weak and unhealthy!
DH started to exercise regularly when I was pregnant with DS2. 5-6 times a week of high intensity cardio. He has never been this lean and fit in our 11 years together.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Unknown
Any VG potions used? RePhresh

CM pH at attempt
Unknown
DH pH
Unknown
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 4 Days Before O
1 Day Before O
O Day

Any additional comments?
BD 4 days before O, rephresh approx 4-5 hrs prior. BD the night before O, and during the day of O as DH was going out that night. No rephresh prior to either attempt. Rephresh on night of O, although obviously too late.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers BD every few days

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
J&D for attempt on O day, straight after.
No J&D for other attempts.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Vitex
Clomid
Baby asprin
folic acid
Fiber
Antihistamine
Saw Palmetto

DH Supplements Cranberry

Any additional supplement info?
Vitex and Saw Palmetto for 2 months. then Clomid 50 mg day 3-7 in February. this month resulted in a chemical.
Vitex and Saw Palmetto AF-O in the month prior to successful attempt. Clomid 50mg day 3-7 on successful month.
Aspirin 75mg
Folic Acid 1600mg
Zyrtec for several days before O and through O due to allergies, but I was also obviously aware it could help sway. I wouldn't have taken the Zyrtec if I didn't have Allergies due to taking Clomid and possibly swaying too hard, but the allergies were bad!
DH took 50 000mg of Cranberry AF-O.
Did you do anything with Ions?
I wore a Rose Quartz bracelet. I don't really think it swayed at all but it was a pretty reminder of what I was trying to achieve.
I had Lavendar oil baths often but only because they were relaxing, not actually to sway.
Moon Phase during conception?
First Quarter
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
No
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Clomid!
Being on the diet for so long.
Significant muscle shrinkage and weight loss from diet.
Zyrtec
DH on high dose of Cranberry.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I gained a small amount of weight (just under a pound) in the month of BFP after losing too much weight. This makes me very nervous.
I loosened up on the diet in the month of BFP, although I also know that this may be the very reason this month was successful.
More than 1 attempt, although this had not worked for us in previous months.
I wished I had used rephresh prior to the attempts at O-1 and O.
Things worth mentioning:
I prayed a lot.
I feel like I have done everything I can to sway in the direction of a Girl.
If its a boy baking in there, then that is what God has planned for me and that is what he knows that I need.
After having a chemical miscarriage 2 months ago, I'm now praying this one sticks!

We have had the morphology scan and have found out that we are expecting another little boy. Whilst I can't wait to meet our newest little boy, a part of me is sad that the chance to have a daughter is now gone.

Dollydot
May 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Fab sway! You can't have done any more, you have got it all in well done...

Dollydot
May 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Oh thanks for posting..

I Love Ladybugs
May 5th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Sounds like an amazing sway....betting girl!!

Soar
May 5th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Sway looks great! Hope it's a little pink bean in there! Thanks for posting your sway!

QOTD
May 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks girls!
I must admit that I'm relieved that the swaying part is over. The rest is in the hands of God now. I just hope this little bean sticks!

oxox2013
May 7th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Awesome job! Hoping for a pink bean for you :)

QOTD
September 7th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Just wanted to update for those interested.

Breithjs
September 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Your sway looks amazing. Feel good knowing you did a great sway. That is one determined baby boy you have in there!

QOTD
September 8th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Lol, yes Breithjs, a determined little fellow indeed!

atomic sagebrush
September 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I am sorry you didn't hear pink but congrats on a healthy baby boy.

QOTD
September 14th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks Atomic.
I know how much fun 2 boys are, I just know the love and giggles and mischief is only going to multiply after this one arrives.
It's a crazy contradictory feeling in my heart. I'm so excited about this little boy, and the visions I have of my 3 boys in the future, but I do feel disappointed by the absense of a daughter in my life. I wouldn't replace any of my boys at all though. As I said, very contradictory.