PDA

View Full Version : long verse short cycles

gizmo77
April 26th, 2011, 02:16 PM
whats better in general and for conceiving boys: a long cycle or a short cycle (with regards to follicular phase i guess). or does it make a difference. any ideas?

Zivic-Bubac
April 26th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure if it makes any difference....I know only that your LP has to be at least 10-12 days in order to get pg in the 1st place.

For example, there was this lady on IG with 2 boys, swaying for pink who has cycles EXACTLY like mine: 25-26 days, O around CD 10-12 and spotting 4-5 days before af ( which is a sign of a low progesterone so why the h*** do I have 2 girls?).
We both agreed that we have great chances to get our wanted gender LOL!

begonia
April 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Totally off topic but ZB, have you always had spotting? Did you ever have your progesterone levels checked? I just never had the preAF spotting until the boy sway and now I usually do spot 2-3 days before AF. My cycles are 27/28 days, usually O on 13/14 and then a 14 day LP.

Gizmo, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't sway, but maybe someone else will know better. The benefit to short cycles is you get to try to get pg more often, but ZB is right that your LP needs to be at least 10 days to get a sticky one.

Zivic-Bubac
April 27th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Totally off topic but ZB, have you always had spotting? Did you ever have your progesterone levels checked? I just never had the preAF spotting until the boy sway and now I usually do spot 2-3 days before AF. My cycles are 27/28 days, usually O on 13/14 and then a 14 day LP.
Yes, I always had it, 4-5 days before AF, and it was very recent since I discovered that not everybody have it:oops: I've never checked my prog levels, but atomic said here that preAF spotting is sure sign of a low progesterone.
I think thaty since I'm on boy diet, my spotting is not that intense as it use to be :think:
I'll try to find that thread for you.

Zivic-Bubac
April 27th, 2011, 04:18 AM
There it is http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2404-Spotting-before-AF

begonia
April 27th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks a bunch ZB!!! This cycle I started taking the NYF and they have a big ol' boost of B6 in them so we'll see if that helps my spotting this time around. Luckily my LP is still the same length. But if I am still spotting in the fall I will likely call my doc ahead of TTC and have him test my progesterone for me. Atomic also suggested to me that it could be the fish oil supplement since it is a blood thinner.

Appreciate your help :-)

gizmo77
April 27th, 2011, 05:20 PM
yes i agree it would be nice to know what supplements mess with your cycles. so as to not tarnish your sway!

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:47 PM
whats better in general and for conceiving boys: a long cycle or a short cycle (with regards to follicular phase i guess). or does it make a difference. any ideas?

It is not believed to sway either way BUT if your cycles suddenly change in lenght, that can mean your sway is working because your hormone levels are different than they were.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:47 PM
yes i agree it would be nice to know what supplements mess with your cycles. so as to not tarnish your sway!

Unfortunately most of the supps have the potential to mess with your cycle as does dieting! :(

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Yes, I always had it, 4-5 days before AF, and it was very recent since I discovered that not everybody have it:oops: I've never checked my prog levels, but atomic said here that preAF spotting is sure sign of a low progesterone.
I think thaty since I'm on boy diet, my spotting is not that intense as it use to be :think:
I'll try to find that thread for you.

You know, I am just not convinced that high prog = more girls. I know so many people who need prog supps and they have both boys and girls....:think:

gizmo77
May 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
It is not believed to sway either way BUT if your cycles suddenly change in lenght, that can mean your sway is working because your hormone levels are different than they were.

makes sense!!

sunnyebsh
May 5th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I had my prog level tested prior to swaying...it was high...& I have 2 DD's

queen-of-harts
May 5th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I have never spotted before Af and i have 6 boys but i have started seeing pinkish tint to my cm right before im due to ovulate,i dont know if thats related to still breastfeeding my 11 month old or if this is the new me lol