PDA

View Full Version : Cinss 2nd Birth Story

Cinss
May 10th, 2013, 06:31 PM
So for the last few months of my pregnancy I knew that my baby was posterior. I was advised to do exercises on the yoga ball and lay certain ways to try to get him to turn into the optimal position, which I did religiously but none of it seemed to work. I had read the HypnoBirthing book and was quite confident that I would be able to achieve a clam quiet labour. I would visualise the baby turning and coming through the birth canal the right way with little effort every night before I went to sleep.

I started losing my mucous plug on Monday, it was mostly clear but with brown tinged through it. Had my last midwife appointment on the Tuesday and was a little disheartened that the midwife didn’t seem to think losing the plug was any real indication of how soon baby would come.

On Wednesday morning at 3am I woke up with a very uncomfortable belly, it was hard as a rock and it felt like baby was everywhere. I had to get up and lean over the yoga ball, and I just knew that my baby was finally turning around. It was quite painful tugging on the ligaments and I just had the feeling that my insides had been bruised and it was almost nauseating for a short while. I managed to go back to sleep when it wasn’t so intense.

I woke again at 5am with that distant familiar feeling of period pain so I got up and started my day, thinking I was just sore after the turn earlier that day, and the Braxton hicks were just that and it was slightly uncomfortable down there. I had a shower and checked my cervix, it was defiantly closed but there was lots of plug coming out. DP got up to head off to work but observing me leaning on the bench every 5 minutes he decided that it looked like labour so let his boss know he wouldn’t be in that day. I was thinking that I hope its not a false labour or I am not over reacting and maybe this would be the day.

I arranged for my mum to take DD for the day so she arrived at 8am and stayed with me until 9. After they left I realised these were not actually Braxton hicks but real contractions they were probably about 3-4 minutes apart so I decided to have another shower and check if I had dilated. I couldn’t feel my cervix at all that time and it was painful to be poking around in there so I was a little frustrated but decided now was a good time to lay down and start my Hypnobithing techniques.

I lay on my bed and DP timed the contractions, they were 2 minutes apart and lasting 1 minute. He rang the hospital and the midwives wanted to speak to me, I knew from previous experience that they were just seeing if I could talk which I could and when they asked me if my waters had broken and I said no, they said well see how you go and come in if you like. This put me in the frame of mind that I was still far away from delivering. I did want to stay home as long as possible anyway so I went back to my relaxation breathing techniques.

DP went outside for a smoke and while he was gone I felt a warm sensation in my vj, it felt like my amniotic sac was coming out and I am sure that was what it was, it expanded on the outside of me like a bubble of gum and burst open, there was a gush of warm water all over my legs and bed. I called out to DP telling him my waters just broke. Then I had a pushing contraction where my whole body bared down and a really low grunt came from my mouth. I really couldn’t control that urge, I didn’t have enough time to get relaxed. I asked DP what colour the fluid was and he said Um clear, and white and red. He was starting to get a bit panicd and got back on the phone to the midwives while I got up to go to the toilet, he told the midwives my water just broke and I was pushing on the toilet, so they told him to ring 000.

I was pooping on the toilet and grunting through the pushing contractions when DP came in and was ordering me off the toilet with phone in hand, I said in a minute I’m pooping, and the operator kept insisting I come off the toilet so DP actually lifted me off and put me on the floor just outside the bathroom. I was on all 4s and DP was told to look to see if he could see the head. I was not happy about this new position because I knew I was still pooping, never pooped so much in my life, and then I felt the cold wipes, DP was wiping it away for me, that was slightly mortifying but gosh he did a good job.

We could hear the sirens from the ambulance coming, I felt down there to see how far baby was and his head was just about to crown. The ambulance staff came in and knelt down behind me then with one big push and a hell of a scram I pushed out the head, then game another gush of water, DP said later the ambo managed to dodge. I was on fire down there and I knew that usually the head should be out for a short while before the next contraction but I just figured why prolong the burning, I’m just going to give another almighty push. It sounded like someone threw a bucket of water and I thought my baby had hit the ground, he came out so fast, but DP told me later the medic caught him no worries. Time of birth was noted 9.57am.

I turned around to see my squishy little guy on the blanket and he started to cry, all the pain left my body except for the carpet burns on my knees. They suctioned his mouth and clamped the chord, then gave DP the scissors to cut him free. I was put on the stretcher and my son was handed to me. We drove to the hospital where I was taken to the delivery ward where I was able to deliver the placenta. It was already detached so the midwife there just gently pulled it out. Bubs was weighed, a modest 6lb 10oz and 50cm long.

I asked if I would be able to be discharged early and the hospital staff were all to happy for me to go as they said the maternity ward was full, so I just had to wait in the “transition lounge” for the doctor to come check baby was ok. We waited there till 4.30 pm not the most comfortable stay in a chair with nothing to do but stare at our baby, we just wanted to be at home to do that.

The doctor came and every thing was looking good but we were told that he seemed to have some fluid on his lungs and she wanted us to stay. I was gutted but I took the advice as I didn’t want anything to go wrong at home. I was moved into the maternity ward (I was thinking how did that happen if it was full, did they have to ask someone to leave?) And my baby went to the special care unit for the paediatricians to check him out. They warmed him up and he did a big poop and seemed to come good so they just monitored him while my parents and DD visited us there. After 4 hours they gave him the all clear and let him come back to the room with me.

The night was ok, I was wishing I went home though but in hind sight better to be safe than sorry. The next morning I had to wait until 11am for the peds to come check on him again and when they did they gave me the all clear to go home.

Thinking about his birth I can say it was not really what I had in mind, but thinking about it more and remembering the visualisations I kept doing seeing my baby turn and come out the birth canal with little effort, I guess I got exactly what I had in mind.

Baby Cyrus our Son our World

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/birth-ultrasound-stories/7138-cinss-1st-birth-story.html?highlight=cinss+1st+birth+story

pebmcpd7
May 10th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Well done, he is a stunner!!!!

Wanting-a-girl
May 10th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Great story!

I would be mortified as well if my DH had to do that.... I guarentee he doesn't even know of a single time I've pooped in the last nine years lol

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2013, 07:24 PM
OH my word well done for you and DP!!! He is just lovely!!!

afy
May 11th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Cinns what a birth story, and that is very kind of your DP to have done that for you, lol I have no idea what my DH would have done. Nevertheless you brought your beautiful Cyrus into the world..congratulations again. Wishing you ALL the best.

bunnywabbit
May 11th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Aww, he's gorgeous, congrats Cinss! And what a story! Really can't picture how my DH would react in that circumstance...

ELP
May 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
What a lovely story Cinss, well done! What a shame that you had to ho to hospitsl st all, for no3 maybe just plan a home birth from the start;)

Huds
May 12th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Ahhh cinss ur story is amazing.. Sounds like something u watch on tv!! Well done to u and dp!!! congrats again!!!! :-)

dloui128
May 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Congrats mama he's beautiful and you did an awesome job