PDA

View Full Version : Feeling ripped off :(

mumof6
May 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM
hi ladies - i apologise in advance for how horrible i sound but im just venting and trying to figure out how i am going to deal with never ever having my dream girl.
i had a gender scan a few days ago at 14w6d according to the dates hospital gave me but 14w3d according to my lmp and O dates which i am 100% sure on

tech says boy based on that there is "something between the legs" i think it looks like cord as baby was playing with cord the whole time and had it down between the legs the whole scan too.
it was a quick 10 min scan and she looked and said "well there's something between the legs so must be a boy" then continued on with the rest of the scan.
baby was bouncing all over the place so there was nothing in the whole dvd or pics she gave me that showed scrotum and penis

i posted the pic on baby centre and was told by the resident tech that she wouldnt determine gender that early and definately not based on that picture
both genders have nubs at that age and it is very easy for a tech that is not really interested in looking or is not all that competent with gender to get it wrong
just because there is a protrusion between the legs does not mean its automatically a boy like the tech doing my scan had told me
i did ask if i should assume that the tech saw something to make her say boy and was told not to believe it and wait til i have my anatomy scan at 20w3d in june

i am still utterly gutted and crushed - i dont hold out any hope that the tech was wrong because of course i am not lucky enough to ever have a girl. I only want ONE!
i feel like i'm being ripped off because i wont ever get to experience having a girl or hearing "it's a girl" it's just not fair - i must be an awful person or done something terribly wrong to go through this heartache over and over again
i love my little boys with all my heart and i would have 10 boys if i could just have one little girl

my sil is due with a little girl in september and it hurts like nothing else to know that she will be welcoming her little and there will be so much fuss over her and i will have our little boy 2 months later and there wont be even a congrats from anyone because he is "just another boy"

my heart hurts and i really dont know how i'll ever get over this

fish2012
May 13th, 2013, 05:35 AM
hey hun,

I had a really crappy experience at 20 weeks sonographer said she couldn't tell because she didn't even try! we had been told girl at 16wks (private gender scan) but still was very upsetting i don't think some people understand at all although as you have 6 boys you'd think anyone could guess how you would be feeling

I totally agree with the baby centre tech most places will not tell you until 16wks, can you get a private gender scan at 16wks? here in uk you can get them for £80 we did and it was worth it I still doubt it but i think i always will until she's here!

try and ignore this opnion and hold out untill 16/20 weeks for a real answer this could be your princess its too early for most techs to tell espechally this one she sound rubbish

keep believing it could happen for you hun x

Adia
May 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
my heart hurts for you...:tissue: I understand your grief. I have 3 girls, not 6 but I still know the pain of "it may never happen"....

Mrs_P
May 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
i really feel for you but i wouldn't go off anything she has told you from that scan. Do you have any good nub shots as that will give you a better idea - maybe upload the dvd you got for opinions - we have some great girls on here who are really good at predicting gender from nubs.

If it helps any i always dreamed of hearing girl at 20 weeks, thought this time following my early 'girl' scan and my cvs 'girl' test that i was on to a sure thing - what i got was baby is not the best position and has its legs shut but if i had to guess i'd go with girl - twice! by two different techs a week apart, kinda took the excitement out of it and made me doubt the earlier results. I find out tomorrow if i will ever get to hear its a girl at an ultrasound - i really hope so as i will have waited 34 weeks (well nearly 9 years altogether).

Can you complain to the company and go back again?

Mum to three girls
May 13th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I had an ob visit at 14 plus weeks with DD3 and she did a quick general scan and then had a gender peek for fun. She had a really protruding nub but i think the angle was girly. Still, there was definitely still "something" poking out down there, I think it's too soon to write off your girl chances yet.

mumof6
May 13th, 2013, 11:17 PM
thanks ladies i had a quick scan today as i had quite a bit of bleeding over night
they didnt check gender but i didnt accidentally see anything either - there was a very bright white flat line which looked like a nub on profile but it was a very fast scan just to check for heart beat etc

i have posted my nub shot here and on ingender - one pic looks boy but not completely sure if its a leg or nub as its quite high up on the body and other ladies have questioned whether it was the leg too and another pic it looks girly
so that wasnt any help lol

i'll wait til my 20w as i already paid $100 for the last one so i really cant afford to be out of pocket for unnecessary scans iykwim?
you have given me a little hope but i figure if i prepare myself mentally that this is it if i do by any chance hear girl at my next scan it will be a very welcomed surprise

hubby is either in denial or knows better - he doesnt believe it and says it doesnt make sense and said he thinks i will hear different at my anatomy scan
after googling a bit (ok a LOT) it seems more common for girls to be mistaken for boys around the 14-16w mark as the nub is still there and mistaken for a penis.

i can complain Mrs_P but at the end of the day its my word against the techs, she may have thought she did a great job when i thought it was terrible
oh i hope bub co operates for you :)