PDA

View Full Version : TTC Boy Let the 2WW begin

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 11:31 AM
The deed is done now, we wait. It seems crazy that, that's it and we're done. Sure hope to get a BFP. DTD on the 2nd morning of OPK since DH didn't want to wait till tonight, so we'll see!

babydes56
April 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I think that was great timing, how many days of + opks do you usually get?

Zivic-Bubac
April 27th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Great timing! Even if it's a bit earlier it's better then to miss the egg:agree:

mmsgirlie22
April 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Got my fingers all crossed for you. I even stole some boy dust from 2 of my friends that each have 3 boys. I shall sprinkle it all the way from over here for you. *~*~*~*~sprinkle, sprinkle~*~*~*~*~*

begonia
April 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Got my fingers all crossed for you. I even stole some boy dust from 2 of my friends that each have 3 boys. I shall sprinkle it all the way from over here for you. *~*~*~*~sprinkle, sprinkle~*~*~*~*~*

This is adorable :-)

Glad you got the attempt in! FX for that BFP!!!

My Fabulous Children
April 27th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I agree with others, Great timing. FX for your BFP.

LolaInLove
April 27th, 2011, 04:13 PM
:fingers::fingers::fingers::fingers::fingers::fing ers::fingers::fingers:

lightofmylife
April 27th, 2011, 04:31 PM
good timing .....FX for BFP and blue bean :)

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 08:10 PM
OK, I'm totally wiggin and looking online now that I used the EW of PH 8.93 instead of the 9 but less than 10. Thoughts on how bad that could be? I'm nervous to even admit it and get an answer I don't want to hear. :worry:

I ended up having to get an egg out of the fridge a 1/2 hr before we needed to DTD (I managed to screw up 3 previous eggs - OK 1 wasn't my fault though.) :) and had DH warm it up in his hands. We were in a time crunch and didn't think to get 2 eggs since every EW PH in the same box was different. The 1 we warmed up had a PH of 8.93 and DH didn't want to wait.

Is regret and over analyzing something I can't change normal in the 2WW? DH pushed for this morning and it threw me off and I never did any test runs and learned a lot (also posted this on April Blue Cheer Squad if this is redundant) with this attempt and things I would do differently for sure. Hope to not get another chance though. :)

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Too cute, girlie, and I'm much obliged for the much needed blue dust. :)

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Regarding the taking good care of yourself in the 2WW. Do people generally stop the diet? I think I need to stop some of the supps from IG's info as they are unsafe? I have their list of what to stop. I seems if I stopped like the diet and some supps, then got a BFN, I'd have to wait 2 cycles basically to ttc again since it takes at least 6 weeks for everything to work? I don't want to not have a good start if I get a BFP by not taking pre-natals and having some darn calcium. I think I've permanently damaged my teeth.

I'll read over any sticky's here to see if this has been addressed before.

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I agree with others, Great timing. FX for your BFP.

I sure hope so and thanx. This is one of several things I'm concerned about. Man, I feel annoying and negative. I don't mean to be I just wanted this to be perfect.......therein lies the problem, right. :) It's my fault for rushing things. I will be happy to be prego either way though......of coarse I don't want to speak to soon as people don't set out to have GD.

skrimpy
April 27th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I would stop supps (except standard ones like prenatal, folic acid, etc.) but would keep up with the diet. Boy diet is very nourishing to your baby. Maybe ease up on salt :p

I know that after our sway for our 2yo I was on pins and needles analyzing what I had done or had not done. I think that's totally normal. First I worried that I wouldn't get a BFP, then I worried that I hadn't had a good sway!

I am sending all the blue dust I can spare your way - I think your attempt sounds good! FX for your blue BFP :)

iluvmyman
April 27th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Thnx, Skrimpy. Can I have some milk? I really want a big glass of milk and milk in my cereal and milk in my Starbucks Carmel Frapp. and cheese and......sour cream......and :)

Cinss
May 5th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I'm sending all the best of luck to you... I hope you get your BFP. I followed the Shettles method for ttc a boy and from what i read there wasn't alot about this boy diet... The main focus was timing and from what you have said you had perfect timing... Lets hope Shettles is right and your DH's little boys out swam the little gals.

Foxy
May 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Good luck!!

iluvmyman
May 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
OK, this is dpo11 w/ a high quality prego test and I got a BFN. I'm calling it! AF should start Wednesday. Bummer!

Cinss
May 8th, 2011, 07:34 PM
iluv - i am 10DPO and just did a test too, i also got a BFN... We are still in the game though, it's not over until AF starts, i still have hope for both of us.

iluvmyman
May 9th, 2011, 01:14 AM
iluv - i am 10DPO and just did a test too, i also got a BFN... We are still in the game though, it's not over until AF starts, i still have hope for both of us.

I hope so, but at the point I think it's business as usal. Last month AF started on Day 27 of my cycle, so I expect AF to beging my Wed. which would be Day 28.

Keep me updated on you testing. I'm so glad you are so close to me on our ttc date. I really hope that AF will not come to your house to visit!! princessap is close on this as well.

Freya
May 9th, 2011, 02:20 AM
GL, and don't worry about the pH! Seriously, I use a pH-meter in the lab every week at least, and the accuracy isn't that super even with professional instruments, it all depends on the calibration. So, that's a fine pH 9 you had. :fx: for you :happy: .

iluvmyman
May 9th, 2011, 03:39 AM
GL, and don't worry about the pH! Seriously, I use a pH-meter in the lab every week at least, and the accuracy isn't that super even with professional instruments, it all depends on the calibration. So, that's a fine pH 9 you had. :fx: for you :happy: .

Thanks Freya, good info