PDA

View Full Version : diet and 2ww

gizmo77
April 27th, 2011, 02:40 PM
ive been reading that some ppl continue the boy diet in 2ww..why? once the embryo is formed thats IT! boy or girl.

is it just to wean slowly OFF the diet? bc its not like the diet would "nurture" the boy parts and avoid changing him into a girl right?:wink:

ELP
April 27th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I think its so that your body has steady siganls for blue incase of a bfn. If one week your high protein and the next week your back to sugary carbs or whatever your pre sway diet was then it sends mixed signals. Plus a blue bean needs steadt glucose levels not fluctuating, I think?

nuthinbutpink
April 27th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I would stay on it until BFP. You are trying to keep your body in a specific state and if you go off it for 2 weeks you are not keeping yourself in that state IF you do need to try again.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:44 PM
ive been reading that some ppl continue the boy diet in 2ww..why? once the embryo is formed thats IT! boy or girl.

is it just to wean slowly OFF the diet? bc its not like the diet would "nurture" the boy parts and avoid changing him into a girl right?:wink:

Actually it's quite important to stay on the diet during the 2WW because XY fertilized eggs need steady and even glucose levels in the CM in order to develop and implant properly in the uterus. XY does not grow as well in lower glucose environments.

Also, if you don't get a BFP, you will undo a lot of the good you did during those 2 weeks!!

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM

Just to totally clarify, YES gender is set at conception but the baby does not implant until 10-12 days later and XY NEEDS glucose in the CM in order to develop properly. Everyone needs to stay on the diet during the 2WW for this reason.

gizmo77
May 3rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Just to totally clarify, YES gender is set at conception but the baby does not implant until 10-12 days later and XY NEEDS glucose in the CM in order to develop properly. Everyone needs to stay on the diet during the 2WW for this reason.

okay got it now. so its mostly for implantation and if that doesnt occur to maintain whatever levels of hormones/minerals you have to try again the next cycle. so is it best then to gradual wean yourself off the diet AFTER BFP..or should we stay on longer?? or okay to immediately stop after bfp? i guess a gradual wean would be best, right?

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
A gradual wean is better in terms of blood sugar, but I do think you need to add back in dairy and cut back on sodium IMMEDIATELY upon getting a BFP because it is not good for you or baby to be eating that way when pg.

Flava
May 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
A gradual wean is better in terms of blood sugar, but I do think you need to add back in dairy and cut back on sodium IMMEDIATELY upon getting a BFP because it is not good for you or baby to be eating that way when pg.

yes this for sure Im so eating some joghurt and cheese after my bfp (which I will get in Oct. and of course it will be a boy:bigsmile:)
ok I need to wake up, but for sure I do this if I get a bfp.