PDA

View Full Version : 'Maggie' or 'Molly'

Jadis
May 18th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Help! My daughter will be here in 4 weeks and I'm starting to waiver on her name! She's been "Maggie" all along. When we talk about the baby, we talk about "Maggie". but for the last couple of months, my dad's been referring to the baby as "Molly" just because he likes that name and he's trying to convince us to use it. It's really growing on me! What do you think?

I Love Ladybugs
May 18th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Molly is such a sweet name.....go for it!!

deaks66
May 19th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Def Maggie, it's way more original!

Am3a
May 19th, 2013, 05:14 AM
It's your baby! Your Dad had his time naming babies. Make it your choice, whatever that ends up being. Good luck and congratulations!

Rainbow baby
May 19th, 2013, 08:08 AM
That's something my dad would do as well!! :) I voted Molly because I like it better but think her name should be 100% what you and your dh choose!!

3boys
May 19th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I'm no help, but both are lovely :)

Dollydot
May 19th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Maggie is a beautiful name..

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2013, 10:34 AM
You can't go wrong either way, they are both great.

Molly Margaret??

Alicewonder
May 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Both sound nice Maggie is sweet as is Molly.

I met a sweetie little curly haired doll of a girl named Molly before. Personally, don't think I could use the name Molly but that ONLY has to do with a ex aunt who named her toy poodle that lol.
Maggie makes me think Simpsons but if you LOve it and it feels right don't let others ideas Make you change it! Which one makes you smile? Which one makes you think That's MY Girl! ?

Jadis
May 19th, 2013, 11:14 PM
thanks for the comments, ladies! I have a feeling that this might end up being a last minute decision. I'm really tossed up between 'Margot Alice' (Maggie) and 'Molly Alyssa'. Who knew that naming a girl would be so tricky? I keep waffling and changing my mind! I did that with DS2 as well. I wanted to name him 'Damon' all along, but my DH was never really sold on it. Then, just days before his birth, my DH suggested 'Simon' and it was perfect. It meant giving up on 'Damon' after getting kind of wrapped up on that name for awhile. I just want her to like what we choose. I hate my name!

*ruby*
May 27th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I LOVE Molly so would go with that

lovemy4
May 27th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Both are sweet but I slightly prefer Molly.

Jadis
June 9th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys! To be honest, I think we're going to end up going with Maggie. It just feels right in my gut. Feels like I've been waiting and praying for Maggie for a long time. Next question for you lovely girls-the spelling of Margot. I like it with the "t". My husband likes Margo. What do you think??

cvd
June 9th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys! To be honest, I think we're going to end up going with Maggie. It just feels right in my gut. Feels like I've been waiting and praying for Maggie for a long time. Next question for you lovely girls-the spelling of Margot. I like it with the "t". My husband likes Margo. What do you think??

I like both Molly and Maggie but also slightly prefer Maggie and if it were me I like the spelling Margot! :) without a T I almost thought I read mango hehe

Mrs_P
June 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM
i prefer maggie and she seems to have always been maggie all the time you've been here and waiting.

With regards to the spelling i would spell it literally the way you want it pronounced (if its any different where you are from). In england both would be pronounced the same but if you asked me to write the name without the choices i would have written it margot as i think thats more traditional - but then i am spelling my little girls name (if she is still a she) the french way as i don't like the english spelling - so if you have a preference go with that, she's your little lady.

I am always being asked how boys' names are spelt even though they are traditional and very english - i think there are so many names around now and all differnet variations on the same name people ask anyway

Falling2Grace
July 4th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Both are great names, but im partial to Maggie, so thats my vote.

That would be incredibly adorable, though if your dad had a little nn just for her and called her Molly though, even if her name was Maggie. It could be like their little "thing". It would also give you the best of both worlds.

eenymeeny
July 9th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Both a really nice but I like Maggie more. It's a bit early twentieth century which I really like.