PDA

View Full Version : Green Magma instead of Wheatgrass juice?

Zivic-Bubac
April 28th, 2011, 02:46 AM
I've already posted it, but maybe here I'll hopefully get more then 0 opinions :worry:I cannot find Wheatgrass powder nor tablets nor nothing here...surprise, surprise
But, to my pleasant surprise, Health Food stores have Green Magma ( green barley juice or extract)
Do you think that could be the replacement for Wheatgrass juice? Nutritional content looks similar, it's alkalizing, has vit B complex, amino-acids, chlorophille,...
Here is the link about its nutritional content http://www.green-magma.co.uk/Nutritional-content.aspx
Looking forward to hear the answer!!!!

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 02:50 AM
chlorophille sways pink doesnt it?

Zivic-Bubac
April 28th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Yes, I think so too, but Wheatgrass also contains it and all other ingredients are boy friendly, so I suppose it's not big deal?:think:

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I am not sure tbh but the benefits prob do outweigh the negatives!

Zivic-Bubac
April 28th, 2011, 07:39 AM
TTC 5, is it only the 2 of us online?:p

nuthinbutpink
April 28th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Q. How does Green Barley compare with Wheatgrass?

While both barley grass and wheat grass are nutritious, Dr. Hagiwara, founder of Green Foods, demonstrated in his research that barley grass contains all the essential nutrients required by our bodies. Research has found that barley grass is a more potent source than wheat grass of the “grass juice factor” necessary for growth and development in mammals.

Zivic-Bubac
April 28th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Thank you!:happy:
I guess that means: yes, green barley juice may be used instead of wheatgrass juice, in fact, it's even more nutritious? :agree:

nuthinbutpink
April 28th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Yes, Z. That is the way I read it!

LolaInLove
April 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I will drink anything with MAGMA in the name. :beer:

Flava
April 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Yes, I think so too, but Wheatgrass also contains it and all other ingredients are boy friendly, so I suppose it's not big deal?:think:

I just hate when I think something is all good to take and they I find out there is some ingr. in it what sways pink...I thought wheatgrass must be awesome for ttc blue. So now what's up with this chlorophille?

ELP
April 28th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I don't know? I can't remember anything about it,maybe on the wheatgrass thread? or another thread which was floating around about similar things, I'll see if I can hunt it down.

ELP
April 28th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I couldn't see anything about the chlorophyll, sorry xx

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM
TTC 5, is it only the 2 of us online?:p

LOL I am always online this forum :P

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I don't know? I can't remember anything about it,maybe on the wheatgrass thread? or another thread which was floating around about similar things, I'll see if I can hunt it down.

I could be wrong, but I think in one of my threads on wheatgrass Atomic mentioned this?

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 01:10 PM
I just hate when I think something is all good to take and they I find out there is some ingr. in it what sways pink...I thought wheatgrass must be awesome for ttc blue. So now what's up with this chlorophille?

I have NO clue and my computer is freaking out and I can't look anything up, but I promise wheatgrass is LOADED with chlorophyll. I would drink the Green Magma in a heartbeat for TTC blue.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
I could be wrong, but I think in one of my threads on wheatgrass Atomic mentioned this?

Not to my knowledge or memory??? I know a couple of the green drinks have calcium which might be pink friendly but I dont' recall ever saying anything against chlorophyll. Then again, stranger things have happened!!

Flava
May 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM
I have NO clue and my computer is freaking out and I can't look anything up, but I promise wheatgrass is LOADED with chlorophyll. I would drink the Green Magma in a heartbeat for TTC blue.

So you are saying it's all ok to take it? now im scared...:worry:

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM
So you are saying it's all ok to take it? now im scared...:worry:

It has calcium so if you are super worried about calcium then I would avoid it, BUT I would take it in a heartbeat. It will be alkalinizing just like wheatgrass and they both have chlorophyll in them (chlorophyll is very healthy and I would think good for TTC Blue, I'm not sure what people are talking about with the chlorophyll thing and I need to track down what exactly I said about it.)

Zivic-Bubac
May 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
I think you didn't say chlorophyll, but calcium in original post, and I somehow managed to get confused.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
OK here is what I found on the wheatgrass thread. "I would take it in a heartbeat for blue BUT spirulina and chlorella have calciuum." So I was never talking about chlorophyll anyway, I was talking about chlorella (which I think is some kind of chlorophyll stuff anyway) having calcium in one of the green drinks, but that I would still take it for TTC blue.

Flava
May 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM
It has calcium so if you are super worried about calcium then I would avoid it, BUT I would take it in a heartbeat. It will be alkalinizing just like wheatgrass and they both have chlorophyll in them (chlorophyll is very healthy and I would think good for TTC Blue, I'm not sure what people are talking about with the chlorophyll thing and I need to track down what exactly I said about it.)

Im worried about everything because my sway didn't worked...so maybe in a couple months you think Im the most annoying person here!:bigsmile: sorry for that already! Anyway Im thinking to take the wheatgrass ( just need money to buy some..) and also like to try the drops because I don't really see any change from the diet yet...can you plz tell me again it's A ok to take it?
here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2500-alkalizing-drops&p=28745#post28745 (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2500-alkalizing-drops&p=28745#post28745)

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM
AS far as I know and could tell, it is a-ok to take it and will only help raise your pH.

Flava
May 1st, 2011, 05:38 PM
AS far as I know and could tell, it is a-ok to take it and will only help raise your pH.

yeyy Thank you!:kiss:

My Fabulous Children
May 1st, 2011, 10:25 PM
I was going to buy the wheat grass the other day, but I looked at the ingredients, it says calcium in it. That's why I didn't buy it. I'm scared to take it :think:

I also find wheat grass juice and it has Lemon in it ..I would like to hear what you think about this atomic :

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=SO-2056

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 03:12 AM
I don't think it had "added calcium" as such, just that the wheatgrass itself (like other vegetables/fruits etc) has an amount of naturally occuring calcium it? My bottle only has such a small amount that I am not fussed with it.

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 03:13 AM
Not to my knowledge or memory??? I know a couple of the green drinks have calcium which might be pink friendly but I dont' recall ever saying anything against chlorophyll. Then again, stranger things have happened!!

I'm probably wrong, lol if I can find the thread I *think* I'm talking about I will let you know xox

Flava
May 2nd, 2011, 11:06 AM
I don't think it had "added calcium" as such, just that the wheatgrass itself (like other vegetables/fruits etc) has an amount of naturally occuring calcium it? My bottle only has such a small amount that I am not fussed with it.

if this is so im so buying it lol ( just need some money first )

My Fabulous Children
May 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM

I'm still thinking about getting it, lol. will see.

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:42 PM

I really think it is great stuff!

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Exactly! A lot of foods have a wee bit of calcium in them but as long as you don't exceed your limits for the day, you're ok. Wheatgrass has so many benefits that it's a good use of your alloted calcium. You don't want to get ZERO calcium, that's not healthy for you.

ps17
April 21st, 2017, 09:32 AM
Hey Atomic,

Hearing that Wheatgrass sways Blue, I would want to but this one. Can you please let me know when to start taking this one? I am TTC, and not sure whether this should be taken only AF till O. Please suggest!! Can I take it as a regular supplement daily?

atomic sagebrush
April 21st, 2017, 09:29 PM
I'd wait til the month you're planning to TTC and then do it from CD 1-12 or positive OPK whichever comes first. Then I'd stop since it can delay O.

I will say I'm not terribly sold on this any more and considering giving it up. We have had more opposites than I like (still 60% range but we were getting 70-80% for a couple years there) and I know a lot of people were hitting the wheatgrass really hard.

ps17
April 22nd, 2017, 03:58 AM
Okay, this makes me little confused now. No issues, I would refrain from it. Its purpose it to increase the alkalinity. I am planning to take ASG starting from AF end to O date. I have heard it makes the body alkaline at a speedy rate. Please let me know if you agree on this one. Can DH have the wheatgrass? I mean does it increase the testosterone in males, thus boosting the fertility, increase sperm count too. If it does, then I would make DH have it. Please let me know your thoughts on this one!!

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2017, 01:05 PM
We don't really KNOW why things sway. I know on the other sites they say "alkalinity" but after seeing tons and tons of pH opposites (including my own, I got a boy with pH of 4-5 that never went up at all till I was pregnant with him!) it is impossible for me to believe in that any more http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html and plus of all the boys who have ever been conceived, wheatgrass and ASG were not involved in 99.99% of those conceptions so it cannot be the case that you need them to make a boy.

So, I tend to trust my observations a lot more and since I have seen people getting girls doing both ASG and wheatgrass (in the early days of the site, people were still doing ASG/baking soda and they got WAY more girls than the people doing just HE Diet and exercise and prenatals) and also of late, the people taking gobs of wheatgrass supps also seem to be getting more girls, I am skeptical of them.

To put it another way, since biologically it cannot be a requirement for boy babies to drink ASG and wheatgrass (since they were never available till quite recently) and I am also seeing lots of girls conceived on them, I am inclined to start limiting/avoiding them and see if our results improve.

There are at least 2 chemical components in wheatgrass that are concerning to me and so since I feel like people who are taking tons of them are getting more girls I just think it's time to start considering dialing it back in the hopes of better results. (also avoid almond milk since that's another thing I am seeing that seems to be associated with more girls)

Re wheatgrass for your husband, no I don't think he should be on it either. Many of the opposites WERE giving it to their husband and one of the chemical components may actually work against testosterone in men so I'd skip it for him too.

ps17
April 23rd, 2017, 10:07 AM
Hey thanks for this piece of information Atomic!!