PDA

View Full Version : Feel sad and guilty even posting here...

JP2007
May 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
I have a 3 year old son and recently found out we are expecting another boy. I knew from the beginning that I was hoping for a little girl, while my husband and son really wanted another boy. I thought that I would be happy either way though and really didn't stress about it, I was just happy to be pregnant. When I heard "boy" at the ultrasound, I felt a small wave of disappointment but I thought it would quickly pass. I was wrong. I can't seem to let go of the fact that I might not ever have a little girl. I can't wait to meet my new son and have no doubt that I will love him though. Me and my husband have only talked about having 2 kids, but it took us longer to conceive the second time around and our kids are farther apart in age than we originally hoped for. I am hoping to have a third closer in age to our youngest son so that he has a sibling to play with. I mentioned it to my husband, but he thinks I only thought of it because we are not having a girl. This is not true, I wanted to have kids close in age anyway but unfortunately things did not work out with the first two and our son will be 4 when his brother is born and starting school by the time they are actually able to play together. I have already started planning a girl sway, but I am thinking I would have do to this without involving my husband. I know I would be happy with another boy eventually but would like to know I did everything in my power to sway pink. I wish I could just enjoy this pregnancy but I feel like something is just not complete in my life now. I had no idea I would ever feel this way. I even dream that I am having a girl and wake up feeling sad. I just hope I can move on and that maybe things will work out for me later on down the road.

isis
June 24th, 2013, 04:31 AM
I'm not pregnant with #2 yet, but I feel like this is a post I could have written in the future, if I were to be pregnant with another boy.

I feel you fear and pain. I want a daughter so bad.

Adia
June 24th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Guilt implies that you haven't done something you "should" be doing. Being disappointed that you aren't having the girl you long for this time is perfectly acceptable.

GD is a monster, as many of us can attest to. It can consume your every thought, but I, and many other fantastic Gender Dreaming ladies are here to promise that it will get easier with time.

If you are planning on a third child you have every chance in the world of having a DD.

Soon you will be able to easily separate your love for DS2 with your longing for a daughter.