PDA

View Full Version : Allergy advice - Do allergies get worse??

ELP
April 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I used to be able to eat kiwi's no problem. Then I would get little spots on my mouth and a tingly mouth. I have just had a dribble of kiwi juice, literally as it was running down DD's kiwi and my eyes are red, swollen and itching, my nose is running, my throat is sore and feels as if it has a lump in it and I've got minor pain when swallowing. I'm glad I didn't take a bite of the bloody thing! Now I learnt on here that you can develop allergies to anything so now I'm wondering if they keep on progressing each time???

Flava
April 28th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I have no idea but I was never allergic to anything and now Im sick like every other week! Don't know if it's allergies or not because DD2 is the same so maybe she get sick and I got it...or from the puppy not sure...

purplepoet20
April 28th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I used to be ok with fresh pineapple but after DS2 was born I had a bad reaction. Both my boy get red spots and an inchy tounge.

I do know that I have a latex allergy and people with this allergy can develop allergies to foods that are closely related to Latex.... pineapple, avacado, kiwi, and a few other things I can not remember right now.

It may be best to talk to an allergist or just avoid the foods that bother you.

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I don't know, I never have anything like that, but I agree I would talk to an allergist. Hope you feel better hun.

ELP
April 28th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for your replies ladies:) My eyes are still a bit puffy but clearing up:agree: I may mention it to the Dr next time I see him, and definately avoid the kiwi's, I was just really surprised at how much of a reaction I had over a tiny bit of juice, allergies are strange aren't they!! I hope it doesn't lead onto to other things like pineapples, I looove pineapple:(:bigsmile:

purplepoet20
April 28th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I love freash pineapple and I am very sad to not eat it anymore, but the funny think is that I can't freash but I can eat canned. Something about the way it is canned or preserved I think it changes the fruit.... I hate canned foods for this reason because metal cans alter food.

ELP
April 28th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I love freash pineapple and I am very sad to not eat it anymore, but the funny think is that I can't freash but I can eat canned. Something about the way it is canned or preserved I think it changes the fruit.... I hate canned foods for this reason because metal cans alter food.:agree: Thats lucky!! We mainly eat the tinned stuff for convenience, a sweet treat for the kids which I don't feel too guilty over lol:bigsmile:

purplepoet20
April 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Growing up I was allergic to the preservatives in canned food... a lot has changed with food storage but I grew up loving it fresh. I still can not eat large amounts of canned food but I don't mind because I love to cook.

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 05:44 PM
If you are anaphylaxic then no it will not get better unless you are able to be desensitised.

If it is an allergy there is a chance you may outgrow it.

shouldihope?
April 29th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I used to eat a banana every day, but after my 3rd DS if I ate a banana my mouth would burn and my nose would run. I guess that will be good for my sway.