PDA

View Full Version : Morning Sickness & Baby Gender

dreamsofxy2013
May 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
Just for fun and out of curiosity, what was your morning sickness like when you were pregnant with your son(s) or daughter(s)? For those who have both genders, did you notice a difference between your morning sickness with the girls vs the boys?

Wanting-a-girl
May 22nd, 2013, 09:35 PM
No morning sickness at all with my first three boys... And this pregnancy terrible debilitating morning sickness and he's a boy

Cinss
May 22nd, 2013, 09:47 PM
No ms with DD at all ever, and only slight ms with DS when i would get hungry :)

afy
May 22nd, 2013, 09:50 PM
No morning sickness or nausea with my DD, but this time my nauseas/extreme queasiness feelings kick in when I start to feel hungry.. But I have no idea what Im baking at the moment lol.

Rabbit0809
May 23rd, 2013, 04:04 AM
Nausea with my DD, no morning sickness or nausea whatsoever with my DS.
As I can see from what the ladies r posting,symptoms dont really matter,everything is all mixed up,lol

pinkin2011
May 23rd, 2013, 04:50 AM
Morning sickness with ds1 from 6 weeks until 13 weeks all day and night!
I got morning sickness with ds2 from 6 weeks until 8 weeks and that was it

3boys
May 23rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
No ms for DS 1, 2 and 3. Really bad Hyperemesis with DS4 (my angel) thought he must have been a girl but no! I don't think it's sex linked tbh

Pangea
May 23rd, 2013, 06:04 AM
I had very bad morning sickness with lots and lots of vomiting from roughly 6 weeks until 20 weeks on both boys.

This time I had bad morning sickness that started at 5 weeks and peaked at 7 weeks, started fading at 10 weeks and was gone by 14 weeks. I'm left with very mild nausea that I can manage easily by eating frequently. I don't know what I'm having yet.

my4leafclover
May 23rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
With all 3 of my boys I had MS until week 14 and then it stopped. This time around with dd it lasted until week 23!!

Rainbow baby
May 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
I had very bad mourning sickness and managed to vomit all the way until birth with all 4 of my boys..I get a bit worried when they say your more likely to suffer if pregnant with a girl because I think I might die :( I am glad it seems it's not the case :)

ThePack
May 23rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Horrible ms with DD#1. No ms at all with DD#2.

2lovelyboys
May 23rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
No nausea or sickness with DS1, nausea with DS2

xxxx
May 23rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Terrible nausea with DD, started from O day.

Soar
May 23rd, 2013, 11:35 PM
DS1 terrible morning sickness (lasted all day) from 6weeks-14weeks
DS2 even worse morning sickness (lasted all day) from 5weeks-17weeks
I am pregnant now and started getting nauseous at 6weeks but I have NOT gotten sick yet! We shall see who's baking in there soon!

dreamsofxy2013
May 25th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your replies, ladies! With DD I had bad morning sickness with almost daily vomiting episodes starting around week 8. No appetite. So far with baby # 2 I have had mild nausea about every 2 to 3 days and I still have a big appetite, so very much opposite from DD. I asked my Mom today and she told me that when she was pregnant with me she had bad morning sickness, with my sister terrible morning sickness, and with my little brother hardly any morning sickness! I hope the same is true for me and I'm cooking a little blue bean in here, but either way we are thrilled:)

Charlee
June 15th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I really thought this OWT was true until this pregnancy! I had zero m/s with all of my first 3 boy pregnancies until my DD, which I suffered up until the last day of my pregnancy at 14 weeks. Then I got pg this time, and was MISERABLE from the get go (and still am!) and I just found out I'm having a BOY... I was so convinced because I was sick that this baby was a girl but alas, it's not meant to be... So I think it can be true for some women some of the time MAYBE, but not every time obviously! Good luck to you :)

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Bad morning sickness with DS 1,3,4

Hardly any morning sickness with DS 2 and DD.

My mom never had morning sickness and in fact used to state quite vocally that it was totally psychological - 2 girls and one boy.

I've seen polls done on this a dozen times and it doesn't work.

Ittakes2
June 17th, 2013, 01:41 AM
2 pregnancies, 2 boys and zero morning sickness.

sbowman
June 17th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Two pregnancies, both boys. I had the kind of ms where you feel nausea all the time but never throw up, both times, until about ten weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myrainbowgirl
June 20th, 2013, 01:45 AM
DS1 - mild nausea, DS2 - stronger nausea, DS3 - none whatsoever! So far with baby #4(just got BFP), nothing! :)

Bubsanumber2
June 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
First pregnancy (boy) EXTREME sickness, 26 weeks 8-10 times a day. This time, nothing. Not been sick once just felt a little nauseous at times. Not sure what it is though, waiting for the surprise. x

Pearl327
June 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM
2 pregnancies 1 girl & 1 boy and no morning sickness or nausea of any kind on either. But I am a vegetarian and have heard that we veggies are less likely to get morning sickness

missmegrn
June 21st, 2013, 12:24 PM
I have 2 dds. My pregnancies were 100% different. With dd1 I had no symptoms what so ever. With dd2 I had every symptom in the book, including morning sickness which lasted until week 25.

black&gold
June 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM
2 boys, horrible sick with both but even more sick with DS2 - until over 30 weeks. Both pregnancies were so complete opposites I couldn't believe it!

meeks32
June 21st, 2013, 10:44 PM
I definitely think each baby and pregnancy is different, rather than it being an indication of gender. But fun to guess.

Ds1 very sick from perhaps a few days after ov to 11 weeks on the dot then it turned off completely as if somebody flicked a switch.

Ds2 very sick from around BFP to the day I delivered. I felt severely hungover the entire pregnancy.

Never threw up with either pregnancy but constantly had a bucket near and had the water come into my mouth as into were about to, but without any relief.

This time I didn't get much then all of a sudden started waking every morning at 3am and spending 2hrs with my head in the toilet getting ready to throw up with no relief. That never happened before.

Since focussing on eating a lot of protein (advice from a midwife) in the form of a big glass of milk and handful of almonds at bed time and if I wake at 3am, the ms has stopped!!!

sushikitty
July 2nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
I had morning sickness with all of my kids. My 5th child it was SO ridiculously bad I had to go on Zofran. I had a boy.