PDA

View Full Version : bsF or BSD

gizmo77
April 28th, 2011, 02:42 PM
what do ppl prefer and why: baking soda finger or baking soda douche.
i also see in some sways that you do BSF multiple times (not just once just before attempt). does that work better?

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I prefer BSF. BSD washes ewcm away, bsf makes watery, ewcm. They both increase pH. And BSF would be much easier than the douche.

I do BSF three times a day 5 days before O to keep my pH high.

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Even after the attempt you should keep doing the BSF until O confirmed by temps.

Zivic-Bubac
April 28th, 2011, 03:58 PM
With douches generally there is always a risk of infection, so I prefer BSF and it's much easier to do:wink:
I ahd irritation last cycle from frequent BSF, so I decided to do it only 1 hour before dtd.

gizmo77
April 28th, 2011, 05:01 PM
thx guys. do you guys just do BSF on attempt months? (besides practicing to see if it works) or every month regardless of attempt or not?

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Only on the month of attempt. You can try it now if you want, LOL. It works right away.

gizmo77
April 28th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Only on the month of attempt. You can try it now if you want, LOL. It works right away.

i prob *will* to see how well it works w my ph..tho i am SOOOO not a 'sticker-of-things-up-there' person..so itll be an ordeal!
:-)

i dont even use tampons! haha

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 06:30 PM
i prob *will* to see how well it works w my ph..tho i am SOOOO not a 'sticker-of-things-up-there' person..so itll be an ordeal!

I am the same, lol!

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM

Same here!!! I was so worried about all these things:, but I did it and got used to it:oops:, but I still don't use tampons, LOL.

Kris217
April 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM
So using it a few hours before DTD won't bother the sperm in any way i take it?

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I don't think it does Kris, not from what I am reading anyway??

My Fabulous Children
April 29th, 2011, 02:22 AM

No it won't bother the sperm. Higher pH 9.9 will kill the sperm and BSF can not do that.

Kris217
April 29th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Ok i might give that a try next time, i've got preseed so i will use both :)

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Where did you get your preseed from Kris?

Kris217
April 29th, 2011, 11:13 PM
From Lullaby conceptions.

TTC5
April 30th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Did it take long to arrive?

Kris217
April 30th, 2011, 12:39 AM
No it was very fast, 2 days i believe. I have to order some more ovulation test from them this week, they're pretty good too.

TTC5
April 30th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks for that! x

Flava
April 30th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I prefer BSF. BSD washes ewcm away, bsf makes watery, ewcm. They both increase pH. And BSF would be much easier than the douche.

I do BSF three times a day 5 days before O to keep my pH high.

hey I don't have to say anything now lol only I hate pads so I use tampons:bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:17 PM

I personally would rather you use BSF because BSD washes away too much EWCM.

gizmo77
May 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
guess im also afraid of touching my cervix..bc ive read that it can burn or sting..and with that im also afraid i wont go in deep enough (sorry tmi). if the bs is just in entry of vag, is that enough? or should it go as deep as possible without touching cervix?

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 12:41 PM
~I believe~ it is enough just to get it in the general vicinity of the cervix because I don't think it affects things up inside - I think it works by raising the pH of the vag itself and helping maximum numbers of sperm to survive to make it into the cervical crypt where the EWCM takes over. Others think the pH of the baking soda is transported up the cervix and changes the pH of everything inside your body and that Y sperm need sky high pH in order to conceive a boy. If you believe that, then you must get it as close to the cervix as possible.