PDA

View Full Version : How succesfull is swaying?

Tibb
May 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Hi,
I know there is another thread concerning the same question posted a year ago. I want to Ask the same question hoping that you have new stats. I have two girls, my oldest is 4 and youngest only 2 months old. We were really hoping for a boy this time. I am still not sure if we will go for another child, but if so, i want to do everything to sway blue and I was wondering how successfull a personalized swaying plan have been. I guess you have more results now than a year ago, and have better statitstics. It will be a huge decision to have one more kid, and i know that having another girl will, i am sorry to say, be a huge disappointment. I feel really awful saying something like that, and i love my girls very much, but i really really really want a son. Your answer will definitely affect my decision.

afy
May 23rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Im not 100% sure on the stats of boy swaying, Im sure one of the lovely ladies will fill you in. But what I do know its not guranteed and we are told this before our sway.. So if you are willing enough ( and have nothing to lose like I did lol) to go into this swaying and know deep down inside you would be accepting enough to the fact that opposites are inevitable as we MAY or MAY NOT get our desired gender then It could be an option for you.. However if your going into this swaying with the thought that You will definitely, 100% get the gender youve desired then It may not be an option.. However we can sway our hearts out, and keep hope and wish for the best.. I really hope you get your desired gender, I know it can be such a sting of a feeling when you think about it.. and having 2 girls is soo wonderful! every girl needs a sister.

Cauliflower
May 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
Even the perfect sway can fail, swaying is not a guraantee, it is all about upping your odds!
Afy, I totally agree, you have to be ok with the opposite, otherwise you should consider the HT route...
For me, it is about wanting a baby more than wanting a girl :) but I m swaying, hoping andpraying that this is a girl!

Mrs_P
May 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
The stats are good and i'm sure atomic will chime in with current stats for personal plans if she has them. My opinion of the plans was that they are excellent and i was really glad i got one, not just for the plan but mainly for the fact that i could contact AS whenever i wanted, that said its been a long time since i swayed and they seem to have got new features etc to become even better. However, in the 12 months i have been on here i have seen as many girls fail as succeed and i think success can depend on your circumstances to - for me i felt that i had less chance at a girl with 3 boys already than someone who only had one son did - i spent a lot of time looking how many girls got their girl after 3 boys and it was still pretty much 50/50 - although this for me was a good thing as it felt like without swaying i had pretty much a 90% chance at another boy so to reset to 50/50 was worth it as we couldn't do ht or adoption and i wanted not only another try but another baby. I hit rock bottom with gd my first failed sway (ds3) and he is the light of my life now, i knew i wasn't going there again and i could handle an opposite this time around but it was a long hard road to get there first - everyone goes into swaying knowing its not guaranteed but many aren't honest with themselves and think deep down it will work but this could very well give you a third little girl and you need to be ok with that. On the other side if you are ok with that then a good sway will only help and i wish you the best of luck, hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones

If not maybe you should consider ht first if this really is your last chance and a little boy is something you will grow old regretting not having

Mrs_P
May 23rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
the only other thing i would point out after i spent a LONG time researching stats before my sway was that it is really hard to compare sways as no-one does a like for like sway and you are relying on people to accurately record what they did - hence the other reason why i think the plans are great - AS will devise something that will be suited to you personally - for me i used clomid with my girl sway as i was convinced it really swayed girl - whilst AS did not support me taking medication when it wasn't medically neccessary she still helped me organise my sway around it and made sure i took it safely with other things

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
In the TTC Blue Add your sway section there are stats on successful blue sways and then I have a thread in the Dream Members TTC a boy area that compares numbers between HE Diet and IG Diet.. The HE Diet/Gender Dreaming sways have been very successful and varied between 75-80% successful. (we have some IG sways on here too and those were not as high a success rate.)

the number of Custom Sways will be generally equal to the number of ALL sways, Custom Sway people don't get any secret inside info, they just get a higher level of support from me. I believe in keeping swaying free to everyone, the $$ is not for the info but the work it takes to put the sway plan together and then the 6 month coaching service. :)

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
With the stats, I only use the ones that are posted publicly for everyone to see in the Add your sway section. A good number of the Custom Sway people choose not to post a sway and since those are not public knowledge that anyone can verify on their own, I leave them out of the statistics all together rather than telling people "well there were X number of people in the Custom Sway" and then expecting you all to take my word on it. Trying to keep the stats very transparent for everyone rather than cherry picking the data.

Tibb
May 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Tanks for great replies, of course there is no 100% guarantee, and i will have to really think it through preparing myself for the possibility of not having a boy. But Even if i do, i think it will be a long way for accepting and setteling with having another girl. As for now, ht dose not feel the right thing to do for me...
Should i borrow a swaying plan already and start changing my diet if i might eventually plan another baby in, say, about a year?

atomic sagebrush
May 27th, 2013, 09:28 PM
It's up to you when you get a plan (or IF). Some people get peace of mind from having a plan in place far in advance of your sway, others choose to wait till closer to when their sway will be. Either way, it's all about what works for you.