PDA

View Full Version : Another Friend Pregnant With A Girl!!

WantingPink
April 28th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I just can't believe it... another friend of mine is pregnant with a girl!! This makes two friends in the last week!! She found out today and told me. This is her first and I am sure she didn't care if she had a boy or a girl but... it just makes me wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something?? Seriously... ever since my DS2 was born I have had 8 out of 10 of my friends get pregnant with girls!! One had twin girls!! I really am very happy for them but at the same time it seems to hurt. It also makes me feel like my chances of ever having a girl go down to nothing. Then... to top it of my lovely MIL :mad: told me on Easter that I better get use to having only boys because "the men in this family only produce boys, there hasn't been a girl in several generations". Uuuhhhh... enough already!! :hair: Sorry... just had to get that out there.

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Don't give up hope xx

Chunky Monkey
April 30th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I feel the same way about everyone around me having girls right now! To the point where I feel like I should have TTC last year because I could be having a girl right now...I love hearing about people having boys because I feel like it "ups" my chances of getting a girl. I'm so consumed with ratios and odds, and look at anything to cling to. I need to give it one more try, and not to stress about it. I'm focusing on the 50% girl chance that I have. I have flipped the coin twice and got boy. I'm flipping the coin one more time and I pray that I get a girl. It is all in God's hands for me now. Good luck!!!

TTC5
April 30th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I feel the same way about everyone around me having girls right now! To the point where I feel like I should have TTC last year because I could be having a girl right now...I love hearing about people having boys because I feel like it "ups" my chances of getting a girl. I'm so consumed with ratios and odds, and look at anything to cling to. I need to give it one more try, and not to stress about it. I'm focusing on the 50% girl chance that I have. I have flipped the coin twice and got boy. I'm flipping the coin one more time and I pray that I get a girl. It is all in God's hands for me now. Good luck!!!

I do the same thing! My sister just had a baby girl and between my 4 kids and her now 3 children there is only one boy (her son) so I feel this surely must go in my favour to have the next boy?!

jude17
April 30th, 2011, 04:42 PM
There must be something funny going on!! Two friends this past week have found out they are having girls. I now have the only boy to 10 girls. I just can't believe it. Someone is seriously having a joke at my expense. I have been feeling very depressed and am wondering if its even worth trying again as I will probably end up with another boy. Why can't I have a girl as well, its so damn unfair!!

raspberry73
April 30th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I feel the same way. I've had so many people either have girls lately, or just complete their family exactly as they planned (i.e. a friend just found out she's having a boy after two girls. )

Halah
April 30th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I also know a few people who have had girls lately too. One of them brought her precious little baby to my shower. It was fine though, I don't really feel jealous of her or of most people. My jealousy seems to be reserved for my siblings only. Probably because it's harder to avoid or maybe because their girls look similar to what mine would.

Hang in there, and try and ignore your MIL. Some people just have no sense.

Yuzu
May 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
There are a lot of new babies on my street. I am the only one with a new baby boy. I met my neighbor's newborn baby girl today. My neighbor said to my son, " You'll be so glad when you get older and you're the only boy around here!" I just don't understnd how there can be five babies born within 6 months of each other and four of them are girls!