PDA

View Full Version : Mariah Carey's twins

Tiny Dancer
April 28th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Just heard from a friend that she is having a boy and a girl.

Anyone suspect PGD?

lindi
April 28th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'm sure she did PGD. Although I do have a friend who had totally natural B/G twins.

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 11:20 PM
They're all getting Twins B/G, I'm sure she did PGD.

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I didn't even know she was pregnant lol!

Lilian78
April 29th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I don't think B/G twins is a sign of PGD necessarily . . .because that means you're putting in both genders, and they obviously don't necessarily both (or all) stick. I think celebs who do IVF for a first baby, might include PGD and take a peek at gender to balance the odds a little (e.g. let's transfer one of each).

Liv
April 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I don't think B/G twins is a sign of PGD necessarily . . .because that means you're putting in both genders, and they obviously don't necessarily both (or all) stick. I think celebs who do IVF for a first baby, might include PGD and take a peek at gender to balance the odds a little (e.g. let's transfer one of each).

I agree :) I have a a couple friends who did IVF (no PGD) due to infertility and lucked out with B/G twins.

nuthinbutpink
April 29th, 2011, 12:21 PM
That would be tough to pull off. Think she just lucked out. PGD in infertility is usually used for single issues not panel testing. Doesn't help with pregnancy rates.

LolaInLove
April 29th, 2011, 01:24 PM
A good friend of mine is a back up dancer for her. I will ask him, he is actually coming back to town to visit as they are all on, um, maternity leave so to speak! She is really cool apparently and shares and hangs a lot with her dancers, and I bet he'll know.

Flava
April 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I didn't even know she was pregnant lol!

same here and i so don't care lol , anyway it could be just natural b/g pregnancy

Tiny Dancer
April 29th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I guess we will probably never know for sure. I just find it interesting to ponder. If I had the financial resources, was 43 and had no other children I would definitely put back 1 of each and hope they both take. One pregnancy and you get to experience a boy and a girl! She is very blessed. However it happened, they are going to have an adorable little family!

mydream
April 29th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I so think it was PGD

lindi
April 29th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Well, its tough to say of she did IVF or not, but if she did, I just think, when you have that kind of money, of course you're going to do PGD. They probably chose the best boy and best girl to make it more natural like 50/50 odds and they both stuck.

Yuzu
May 4th, 2011, 08:13 PM
She released the names: the boy is Morroccan and the girl is Monroe.

LolaInLove
May 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
My friend said she did do IVF....she and Nick have been trying for many years, and she actually had several m/c while on tour, so they went the IVF route. He didn't know about the PGD, but you know what, I would if it were my only shot at kids and I wanted both and was filthy rich. I am so happy that she has her precious babies now, though! Good for her!

twoboysandcounting
May 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM
She released the names: the boy is Morroccan and the girl is Monroe.

WTH?? Morroccan?

LolaInLove
May 12th, 2011, 12:49 PM
WTH?? Morroccan?

LOL

Zivic-Bubac
May 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I so think it was PGD Me too. How come so many celebrities have twins B/G? The answer is simple.... ( Brad and Angelina, Julia Roberts, now Mariah Carey and Celine Dion got her desired gender - boys both times, 2nd time were twin boys, but if I remember well she has spoken openly about that)

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Did you guys hear she's now under investigation by CPS for "drinking while breastfeeding"? I actually feel kinda sorry for them now because it sounds like someone was trying to sell a made-up story to the tabloids and CPS caught wind of it and had to investigate. I would be so livid if I was them!!!

Yuzu
May 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM
WTH?? Morroccan?

I know, right? Maybe they'll call him Rocco or something.

lindi
May 20th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I know, right? Maybe they'll call him Rocco or something.

Hopefully! I thought, OK it's an unusual name, but whatev... and then I read that he was named for a room in her condo...yes...the Morrocan room. That strikes me as a little bit insignificant in terms of what to name someone for. But, hey, maybe this room is just AMAZING.

Zivic-Bubac
May 21st, 2011, 01:32 PM
That strikes me as a little bit insignificant in terms of what to name someone for. But, hey, maybe this room is just AMAZING.:rofl: