PDA

View Full Version : Ok so I have what is probably a dumb question...

oxox2013
May 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I just had my dating sonogram and I am 9 weeks exactly. This baby looks like it is in the exact same position as my last DS! So now I feel like I am looking at another boy! I know that it cant be determined and that they all look the same at this stage but I just cant help feeling down about it already esp. with the Ramzi theory and all. Both ultrasounds were transvaginal and both were right at about 9 weeks. They look the same! So I guess my question would be, does anyone have both genders but ultrasounds were exactly the same at the early ultrasound? Do I still have hope or should I just go with this feeling and expect baby boy #3?

Mrs_P
May 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
i really wouldn't get disheartened from that - Ramzi is not 100% anyway and you have know way of knowing what the tech did with the image - although its transvaginal she could have flipped it on screen. The only way of knowing a ramzi guess properly from what i have read is by using a ramzi qualified tech and then like everything else its 80% at best accurate. I had an early u/s with ds2 and this little lady and there was no real difference between the pics, i even asked with this one where she had implanted and they said in the middle!

Its also about which side the placenta is on, not the baby. There is a lot more accuracy with nub shots in my opinion so i'd wait til then before you jump one way or another x

oxox2013
May 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Thank you! That does make me feel better. I know in my head that there is no way for me to know if the pics are exactly the same or not.... and they were taken by different techs! I just let myself get freaked out. I think I am looking for any reason to doubt I could have a girl!

crazyladyneedsababy
May 24th, 2013, 05:08 PM
hey hun, I don't personally have an ultrasound but my friend had one from her DS1 and the ultrasound from her second baby was exactly the same, it could have been the same scan picture. Her little girl is a month old now so I wouldn't worry about it too much, loads of scan look the same xxx