PDA

View Full Version : CVD's birth story - baby boy Hudson Aubrey

cvd
May 25th, 2013, 10:39 AM
My birth story is not very exciting since I had a scheduled csection but I thought I'd share it anyway!

We arrived at the hospital at 6am and got all ready and hooked up to the IV. It was a long wait for 8am to roll around. DH and I were both very nervous. I was so worried, what if he wasn't ready? What if something goes wrong?
Finally after torturing myself they were ready for me lol! The spinal block process seem to take forever and although uncomfy, it wasn't bad at all! DH came in shortly after, time passed sooo slowly! My surgery started about 8:30am and Hudson was born at 8:46am! He weighed 7lbs 14oz - we all laughed because that is what Ryder weighed at birth! DH left with Hudson and after 15-20 incredibly long minutes.. I was reunited with him! He is gorgeous. He is so content - other then his big cry being born, he hasn't really cried. He just whimpers if he wants something! Today is day 4 of recovery and I'm feeling pretty good, but still taking it really easy. Mostly just hanging on the couch and in bed. DH has been more then amazing. He is pretty much doing everything for the 3 of us (other then nursing Hudson of course lol but I'm sure if he could help with that he'd be right there helping :) hehe)
Ryder is adjusting well. He just says baby and smiles then continues on with whatever he's doing! We are making sure to spend special attention to him and we bought him 2 remote control cars as "his and daddy's" special toys, he loves it!!
I'm so happy Hudson's here and healthy - everything is going so great. I couldn't be happier!

I Love Ladybugs
May 25th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Glad to hear that you are settling well into life with your newest little cutie! I saw a pic in a different post and he looks so heavenly!!!!

Nachelle
May 25th, 2013, 11:45 AM
CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY BOY!!! HE is adorable and I am very happy for you!!!! :bluecheer:

nuthinbutpink
May 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Congratulations! Love his name!!

Dollydot
May 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Congrats on you beautiful boy...

Adia
May 25th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Congratulations on your new baby boy! What a blessing to you and your family!

Mummyx2
May 26th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Congrats x

Cinss
May 26th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Thanks for sharing, glad all went well.

Rainbow baby
May 26th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Loved reading your birth story. Congratulations on your new little boy, if that's him in your display picture his gorgeous!!

Dreamofpink
May 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Many congratulations on the safe arrival of little Hudson. He's adorable!!! I'm thrilled that it all went well for you! :D

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

cvd
May 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Thank you everyone!! :)

Maple
May 28th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Awe congrats again! Sounds like he is a dream baby. Lucky you! XX

EmmyRoo
May 29th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Wow that came around quick! Congratulations CVD, he's beautiful! So glad it all went well, enjoy your boys! X

hotdogz&boyz
May 31st, 2013, 09:17 PM
Can I ask some moderately nosy questions? (Feel free to tell me to mind my own business ;) )

I recall you saying on another post that your first c-section was due to placental abruption (rupture). Which I am guessing happened during labor and therefore they had to emergency section you? (I think I am remembering it was you who said that)

Did the docs say anything about a rupture this time? Was your placenta still really healthy and attached to the walls? I have heard that a second rupture is more likely if you already had a rupture and I was wondering about some "real life" experiences.

(I ask because my most recent birth was a rupture that managed to go undetected. I delivered vaginally, but I am curious as to whether another pregnancy might be higher risk because of it).

Congrats again...he is fantastic! I am so glad he is such a great baby!

cvd
May 31st, 2013, 09:31 PM
Can I ask some moderately nosy questions? (Feel free to tell me to mind my own business ;) )

I recall you saying on another post that your first c-section was due to placental abruption (rupture). Which I am guessing happened during labor and therefore they had to emergency section you? (I think I am remembering it was you who said that)

Did the docs say anything about a rupture this time? Was your placenta still really healthy and attached to the walls? I have heard that a second rupture is more likely if you already had a rupture and I was wondering about some "real life" experiences.

(I ask because my most recent birth was a rupture that managed to go undetected. I delivered vaginally, but I am curious as to whether another pregnancy might be higher risk because of it).

Congrats again...he is fantastic! I am so glad he is such a great baby!

No problem! Yes I was having an abruption in labour, they caught it just after they gave me my epidural so they sent me right to the OR pretty much! My doctor said I was 3 times more likely to have another this time as well so she recommended the section (also factoring in that my last was only 23 months prior). They never mentioned how things looked, during the csection she said the placenta was healthy but never said anything about the walls or looks of another potential abruption if I had of chosen VBAC! Hope that helps:) I'm glad everything went ok with your birth and thank you!!

Violet_
June 1st, 2013, 02:34 AM
Hudson's birth sounds great Cvd and you must be so proud of him. Well done.

3boys
June 1st, 2013, 06:22 AM
Congratulations again CVD. Thank you so much for sharing :) well done you!!

cvd
June 2nd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks girls! It's so great to finally have him here :)