PDA

View Full Version : How are all the July Mom's doing?

iluvmy4sons
May 25th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I can't believe I have 6-9 weeks left of this pregnancy. I say 6 because all my boys came early. I had my 3rd at 38 wks, but my others were 37 wks. I get a growth ultrasound on Wed at 32 weeks, which I didn't know I was going to get until 2 wks ago. I can't wait to see the baby again and make sure she is still a girl. I still have insomnia had it the whole pregnancy. I have almost everything ready. How about everyone else?

Pearl327
May 28th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Doing good, ilovemy4sons,

I cannot wait to meet my little man and am hoping that I will go early too as I have been measuring ahead of dates all along. At my last growth scan on Friday, bubs measured 2 weeks ahead which would give him a due date of the 22nd June. But I know my DD was ahead at this stage too by a week and I went into labour with her the day after my due date. So I am trying not to get my hopes up for a June baby.

I packed my labour and hospital bags last weekend too and I am currently finishing up in work doing handovers of my accounts. My last day is next week. I cannot wait to finish up.

iluvmy4sons
May 28th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I just started packing my bag as well. This pregnancy seemed to go fast for me. I want to go anytime after July 4th. July 4th is 37 wks for me. My family is having a "sprinkle" shower for me June 22nd. I still need to get bibs and blankets. I am trying to wait for that to see if anyone gets me any. I was not expecting one and have almost everything bought.

Justjessica
May 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM
You both sound very well organised. I haven't packed a thing yet or got a single baby thing out of the loft and I only have just under 5 weeks. Eek! Keep being swamped by ill kids. Hopefully I'll get a quiet run and manage to spend some time organising! I'd like a June baby but as mine were 6 days early, 6 days late and on the due date I can't call it.

iluvmy4sons
May 31st, 2013, 10:17 AM
You will get it done. I still want to get my house in order and I can't get motivated. I do have all the baby stuff about ready, but everything else that I have been wanting to get done I can't.

Pearl327
May 31st, 2013, 10:53 AM
I have my DD at home recovering from an operation. That is why I needed to be ready early. Just in case.

I did something really stupid today, I was crossing the road and ran a couple of steps to avoid the lights turning red again for pedestrians. And thought nothing of it. But now my whole pelvic area is really sore when I move. I wonder if I pulled something

iluvmy4sons
May 31st, 2013, 01:39 PM
I have my DD at home recovering from an operation. That is why I needed to be ready early. Just in case.

I did something really stupid today, I was crossing the road and ran a couple of steps to avoid the lights turning red again for pedestrians. And thought nothing of it. But now my whole pelvic area is really sore when I move. I wonder if I pulled something

I hope your daughter is recovering well. Sounds like you might of pulled something.

Justjessica
May 31st, 2013, 05:07 PM

Ouch! It's easily done at this stage when all the ligaments have loosened up. Hope your DD is recovering well.

Pearl327
May 31st, 2013, 05:19 PM
Yeah DD is in better shape then I am ATM. She is 2 weeks post op now and I think she will be back to her normal self in another week or so. The op was on her left hip but she is already crawling and standing again. So not long before she is running around.

iluvmy4sons
May 31st, 2013, 07:20 PM
That is good. Glad she is doing well. It is amazing how kids bounce back after being sick etc.

5boysandcounting
June 2nd, 2013, 06:05 PM
I can't believe I have 6-9 weeks left of this pregnancy. I say 6 because all my boys came early. I had my 3rd at 38 wks, but my others were 37 wks. I get a growth ultrasound on Wed at 32 weeks, which I didn't know I was going to get until 2 wks ago. I can't wait to see the baby again and make sure she is still a girl. I still have insomnia had it the whole pregnancy. I have almost everything ready. How about everyone else?

Hi, I'm feeling very uncomfortable now and getting fed up. 8 weeks seems like such a long time to go! Did you go for your growth scan? I was just wondering if they told you an estimated weight. I went for a scan on Friday and she is measuring two weeks bigger. the tech estimated her weight to be 4 pounds and 8 ounces at 31 + 5 days, she kept saying she was a big baby and asked if I was hoping for a natural delivery. This made me very nervous!

iluvmy4sons
June 2nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
Hi, I'm feeling very uncomfortable now and getting fed up. 8 weeks seems like such a long time to go! Did you go for your growth scan? I was just wondering if they told you an estimated weight. I went for a scan on Friday and she is measuring two weeks bigger. the tech estimated her weight to be 4 pounds and 8 ounces at 31 + 5 days, she kept saying she was a big baby and asked if I was hoping for a natural delivery. This made me very nervous!

I don't know the weight. I forgot to ask. I have to get another scan on June 12th and will ask then. Don't be alarmed. I ran into my son's old basketball coach and she was told she was going to have a 10lb baby based on ultrasound give or take a pound. Her dr. told her to get a c-section and she did. She was worried about having a c-section. She had her baby this past Monday and he was only 8.5lbs. She could of had a natural delivery.

Pearl327
June 3rd, 2013, 04:15 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about the weight either at this stage. At 32 weeks with DD I was told she was a 5lb'er but she was only 7lb 1oz at birth. I think our bubs go through a growth spurt in the early 30 weeks and then slow down in the latter stages. Plus the growth scans can over estimate a baby weight by up to 60%.

This baby was 5lb 8oz at 34 weeks and doc said that was within normal ranges.

MissSweet
June 8th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Hi ladies,
Hope everyone is well! I am due 25th July with bubs no. 1. (6 weeks left)
Sorry if this is a taboo subject but how is everyone going with weight gain?! Ive only put on 3.1kg so far and apart from my huge belly, the rest of my body is slimmer than when i got pregnant. I eat regular meals and still eat chocolate etc when i feel like it, including lots of midnight snacks! Keep getting told off from friends that i must be starving myself but im not, far from it! Thanks :)

Pearl327
June 9th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Hi miss sweet 3.1kg is very little alright. Did you have bad morning sickness as the start. I have gained about 8kgs or 18lb starting from a healthy weight and I have 4 weeks left. But I didn't make it to the recommended minimum 2stone gain last time either and had a normal 7lb baby. If your doc is not concerned then don't stress too much about it and keep eating healthy meals & snacks. I just gain a belly too and the rest of my body stays the same. I wouldn't tell anyone in real life about your pregnancy weight gain as people love to criticise

MissSweet
June 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hi Pearl327,
my bmi was classed obese when i fell pregnant (164.5cm tall & weighed 88.3kg). I had all day nausea in the 1st trimester, and since about 30 weeks ive been feeling a bit off again.
Because my arms legs and face have slimmed down so much its bit hard not for people to notice and comment on it.
Doesnt really bother me as my doctor and midwives are happy and bubs is growing well and healthy, was just wondering how much others gained :) i might just be one of those people that stack it on near the end of the pregnancy! Atleast i havent got any fluid retention or swelling. Which is important seeing as im still working and my job involves being on my feet and busy busy for 8 hours a day.
I see youre having a boy after a successful sway, a huge congratulations to you!!

iluvmy4sons
June 9th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I have gained about 20lbs this pregnancy. My last pregnancy I gained like 8pds but was over weight. I weighed less this pregnancy. I am also due July 25th. I usually go earlier though. I had a NST test on Thursday and the baby was uncooperative so I had to have a biophysical ultrasound and this week I have an ultrasound for the follow up on the femurs. I am trying not to be too worried.

MissSweet
June 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Hi iluvmy4sons,
Sorry what is a NST test? Im sorry things arent going as well as they could be xx
Have got fingers crossed for you.
What is it like raising 4 boys? Is 2, 3, or 4 children that much more expensive than 1 child?
I havent written enough posts yet to be able to see your signature so cant see if you are having a boy or girl this pregnancy :)

iluvmy4sons
June 10th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Hi iluvmy4sons,
Sorry what is a NST test? Im sorry things arent going as well as they could be xx
Have got fingers crossed for you.
What is it like raising 4 boys? Is 2, 3, or 4 children that much more expensive than 1 child?
I havent written enough posts yet to be able to see your signature so cant see if you are having a boy or girl this pregnancy :)

It is a Non Stress Test. You are hooked up to a monitor that sees if you are having contractions as well as they track the baby's movements by you pressing a button when you feel the baby move. I guess they check to see how heart rate fluctuates as well. I am having a girl after 4 boys. It can be expensive, but to me it is worth it. You can cut corners and with have the older boys they wear some hand me downs, but we also get them a few new things as well. I buy items on clearance etc.

MissSweet
June 10th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Iluvmy4sons - oh a girl, congratulations :)
Sorry, i had never heard of a NST test before, i dont know if they do them in Australia.
It's hard not to worry but theres not much point stressing until after you have the results from this weeks ultrasound and know for sure whats going on. Easier said than done though when it concerns the baby growing inside of you.
Fingers crossed for good news x