PDA

View Full Version : My first real disappointment.

Lilac♥
December 29th, 2010, 11:02 PM
With all my pregnancies what I thought was disappointment soon turned into just desire to try again. I accepted that I had yet another girl and just dreamed of having a boy eventually. I'm really worried that if this 5th baby does turn out to be a 5th girl that it will always stay disappointment, because I'm not going to be trying again. And so far everything is pointing girl. So I can't hold on to the desire anymore. I'll have to accept that I'm done.

nuthinbutpink
December 29th, 2010, 11:04 PM
How far along are you?

chachamama
December 29th, 2010, 11:04 PM
((HUGS)) I'm so sorry.. I really hope you have a boy in there!
You will be a wonderful mother of all girls if it's not.. having a one-gendered family is pretty special too :)

Liv
December 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Hi Lilac. There are many of us on this board who have gone through the same feelings as you. I do hope you get your boy.

Lilac♥
December 29th, 2010, 11:53 PM
How far along are you? Around 12-13 weeks.

Lillylolly
December 30th, 2010, 06:11 AM
I am hoping you have your little boy in there. Wishing you the very best, E.

atomic sagebrush
December 30th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I still think it's early to know, but you're right in getting your heart adjusted.

Just know that so many of us think you have a wonderful, lovely, special, and amazing family and want only the best things in life for you all!!!

My Fabulous Children
January 1st, 2011, 03:18 AM
((HUGS)) I really really hope you get your boy. Good luck.

Sara'sFHC
January 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM
((hugs))

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
How are you doing today??? I had so many ups and downs after my nub appointment I didn't know if I was coming or going. One minute I was sure it was a boy and fine with it, the next I was going crazy hoping that I hadn't seen what I KNEW I had. Hope all is well.

Lilac♥
January 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
I'm actually doing okay today. I get more stressed about having another girl, when I'm stuck at home with the 4 girls day after day with no breaks, and they aren't listening to me and the house is a mess. Somehow I convince myself a boy would be easier, or at least wouldn't scream and drive me crazy like they do. If nothing else he would have different challenges instead of more of the same drama. This weekend my husband had off Friday-Sunday, so we got the house cleaned up some and I got to go shopping alone for a few hours! So I'm not as stressed today, but by the end of the week I might be going crazy again! Anyways, that's why my main New Years Resolutions are getting the house clean and organized and being a better Mom, because I think it will help me with my GD as well.

Hollie86
January 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hi hun, I really hope you have your little boy in there. Wishing you lots of luck and sending ((hugs))

Claire
January 9th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Somehow I convince myself a boy would be easier, or at least wouldn't scream and drive me crazy like they do. If nothing else he would have different challenges instead of more of the same drama.

I always have to remind myself that if I had a girl, she would make me just as crazy as a boy. We tend to think of our DG as an ideal, when in fact they would be just as challenging as our other kids. Like you say, though, at least it would be a different challenge!

Anyways, that's why my main New Years Resolutions are getting the house clean and organized and being a better Mom, because I think it will help me with my GD as well.

That always helps me, too. If only it were easier to keep it up!

domestic bliss
January 11th, 2011, 04:06 AM
lilac, I soooo can relate. Our nub shot was VERY blue this third time after years of research and 10 months of swaying pink.... It just doesn't seem fair -- why couldn't you have had a couple girls, then a boy and the opposite for me.... our bodies must just be soooo programmed for one gender... I am keeping you in my thoughts that it IS your little man in there... (((hugs)))