PDA

View Full Version : Any clinics use IUI instead of IVF for gender selection with more accuracy?

Alyssasmom789
May 28th, 2013, 12:03 AM
I am so fertile I truly feel like ivf is not necessary. I know of a place in Kentucky that does sperm spinning and iui with 75-80% of having a boy. I'm not willing to take that chance. Do any clinics separate and tests sperm for gender and then use iui???? Just curious. First, because ivf is amazingly expensive and secondly, because I hate the idea of all the hormone injections:nails:

BabyGirl4Me
May 28th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Microsort is still being offered in Mexico in combo with IUI, but you and DH have to travel there for IUI and the sperm sort. The odds of conception at the MS clinics isn't stellar, but it could work for you... MS has much better odds than the clinic you mentioned for blue, also there's some evidence that IUI actually sways blue in itself, so another thing in your favor.

Sadly, right now, the only thing that offers that 99% guarantee of gender is IVF with PGD. :( Microsort can (and does) yield opposites when used with IUI. I wish it didn't have to be so hard. *big hugs*

nuthinbutpink
May 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
We are all fertile that use IVF with PGD. We all have kids easily conceived. IVF just isn't like natural conception because it's totally artificial and being in your 20's should make it easier, there are no guarantees.

75-80% quoted with IUI is as good as you're going to get. Only PGD gives you 100%. If there was a more accurate, less invasive way that actually worked, we'd all be trying it!

The IUI pregnancy rates will be significantly lower than IVF. If you are close by and can try a few attempts, go for it but it's not a guarantee of anything. If you need that, use IVF.

BabyGirl4Me
May 28th, 2013, 12:44 PM
In case you haven't seen it yet, here is the info on Microsort: Results | MicroSort International (http://www.microsort.com/?page_id=453) According to their site, of those who conceive, they're saying 82% of couples who want to conceive a boy do, so there would be a 18% opposite rate if you conceive if going for a boy. Good luck hun, I've been thinking about and praying for you. :HH:

zibibbogirl
May 30th, 2013, 07:40 AM
The best odds you will get with IUI are what you have been quoted. If you want the guarantee, IVF/PGD is the only option. I know it is expensive (although it could work out cheaper in the long run because it may take many attempts with IUI to work, even if you are fertile) but if you do IVF/PGD and you get pregnant you can be as sure as anyone can be sure that you are carrying a baby of your desired gender.

As NBP has said most of us who do IVF/PGD have no fertility issues. We would all love to be able to use that to our advantage without having to resort to needles and egg retrievals and biopsies and embryo transfers.. To be honest though, cycling really isn't that hard. I hated doing the first few injections and actually had to get someone to give me the first one because I was so petrified. But once I got into it I actually looked forward to doing it because I felt it brought me a step closer to getting my DD each time. It was over before I knew it.

Alyssasmom789
May 30th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks :) can I ask where did you cycle? How many times did you cycle?

zibibbogirl
May 31st, 2013, 01:01 AM
I cycled at a clinic in Australia under the radar. I was very lucky and got a BFP from my first transfer which was a planned FET after day 5 24 chromosome testing.

Dr. Potter
May 31st, 2013, 03:14 AM
I am so fertile I truly feel like ivf is not necessary. I know of a place in Kentucky that does sperm spinning and iui with 75-80% of having a boy. I'm not willing to take that chance. Do any clinics separate and tests sperm for gender and then use iui???? Just curious. First, because ivf is amazingly expensive and secondly, because I hate the idea of all the hormone injections:nails:The only process that works with IUI is MicroSort. Please share the details of the Kentucky clinic. I am not aware of any other method that works for IUI other than MicroSort. I think that when you look at the cost of a MicroSort IUI cycle, the cost of travel and the poor chance for pregnancy (not to mention not getting 100% the desired gender) that IVF-PGD24 is actually more cost effective. Being fertile does not equate to MicroSort IUI success. Everyone that uses MicroSort IUI is fertile.

Alyssasmom789
May 31st, 2013, 12:40 PM
The only process that works with IUI is MicroSort. Please share the details of the Kentucky clinic. I am not aware of any other method that works for IUI other than MicroSort. I think that when you look at the cost of a MicroSort IUI cycle, the cost of travel and the poor chance for pregnancy (not to mention not getting 100% the desired gender) that IVF-PGD24 is actually more cost effective. Being fertile does not equate to MicroSort IUI success. Everyone that uses MicroSort IUI is fertile.

Dr. Potter here is the link to where all the info and website for this place is

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-family-balancing-info-current-cycles/29412-gender-select-llc-louisville-ky.html

Alyssasmom789
May 31st, 2013, 12:41 PM
The lady there said you basically fly in when your ovulating and they will collect a sample andspin and according to "the fact that x and y weigh differently they'll be seperated."