PDA

View Full Version : Hair Growth & Gender

dreamsofxy2013
May 28th, 2013, 10:08 AM
So I have a question for all you ladies, what was your leg hair growth like during your pregnancies and what gender did you have? I know its just another OWT, but during my pregnancy with DD my leg hair growth ( and armpit hair growth sorry tmi) really slowed down a lot and I only had to shave like once a week! This time, for the first 8 weeks my hair was growing a lot faster than normal and I had to shave every day....but now I have hit week 9 and it seems to be slowing down again. I am worried now this is a sign its another girl. I know hair growth and gender is just an OWT, but for some reason I am now convinced its girl and I wont be getting my boy next:( All my other symptoms though so far have been completely opposite from my pregnancy with DD. Anyone here have OPPOSITE experiences with hair growth during pregnancies of the SAME gender? or the SAME experiences and OPPOSITE gender? Thanx

dloui128
May 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM
my hair growth was the same with all 3 kids 2DD's and a DS

Pangea
May 28th, 2013, 10:48 AM
My leg hair growth really slowed down in both DS1 and DS2s pregnancies. I haven't noticed a difference in this pregnancy yet, but I can't remember at which point the growth slowed in my other pregnancies, I think it was later on.

Wanting-a-girl
May 28th, 2013, 11:04 AM
My first three boys my leg hair grew faster and with this baby boy my hair barley grows I can shave like once a month :D

dreamsofxy2013
May 28th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Dloui128, your story gives me hope! I know I shouldn't base anything off of these signs, but its hard not to for some reason...I am just really hoping to have my boy next:pray: So I find myself obsessing over every little sign lol.

Thorz300
May 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I don't remember with my 1st two boys, but with DS3 my leg and armpit hair grew faster than I could keep up with! I swear I would have to shave every single day or I would look like a man. With this pregnancy (a girl) I barely have to even shave once a week. With that said, I'm not sure it really means much.

dloui128
May 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Dloui128, your story gives me hope! I know I shouldn't base anything off of these signs, but its hard not to for some reason...I am just really hoping to have my boy next:pray: So I find myself obsessing over every little sign lol.

No worries I obsessed over the same things when I was pregnant with DS. The only thing that I can honestly say was any different between my pregnancies is with DS I was a miserable, moody, depressed, fly off the handle person while pregnant. I was never like that before, people were afraid to even talk to me

Rainbow baby
May 28th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I personally think it has more to do with baby's growth spurts with a lot of old wife tales. Like the hair growth one it might just be a symptom of baby having a growth spurt and the excess hormones they produce may lead to extra growth in the hair and nails kwim?

Cauliflower
July 4th, 2013, 08:00 AM
My sister experienced slowed hair growth on body when she was pregnant with DD2. she was quite sure it was a giril !
GL, let us know!

Pearl327
July 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Dreamofxy I had the same as you with DD 1st time round and now with DS I had crazy hair growth for the 1st trimester which then slowed to next to nothing. Here is hoping for you but going by my experience it is a good sign

Hobbermittens
July 5th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I had slow leg hair growth with DD2 AND DS2, so it meant nothing for me! I was worried about it too, because I was sure it meant girl for me, but nope! My sister had it happen with her son as well.