PDA

View Full Version : Hokievol's Boy Sway!

Hokievol
May 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first sway, so I'm not sure what all to include here. We did Shettle's for our first pregnancy, aiming for a boy and got my awesome daughter. Came home from the anatomy ultrasound, threw the book in the trash, cried for a few days, then got over it. Now we're totally in love with her, and still would like to add some blue to our very pink home. Here's what we're doing so far:

HE Diet, slowly implementing the full-fat dairy. I've eaten skim for at least 15 years and it's a little harder to transition than I thought it would be!!! Ramping up the fruits and veggies.
Lots of green tea and lemon water, adding V8

Women's One-A-Day and Men's One-A-Day 50+
Fish oil
CoQ10
B6 (short LP, more on this later)
Probiotic
L-Carnitine for DH
Folic Acid
Vit D (1000mg)

I am definitely struggling with the short LP, about 8 days. I O late, pretty consistently on Day 20, and have long periods of about 10 days. My daughter still isn't sleeping through the night consistently, I haven't slept all night in probably two weeks or more, and I'm concerned about that swaying pink.

Would love to hear everyone's feedback!

Hokievol
June 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Oh, and weight lifting with heavy weights. So far I'm only managing about 2x a week, but I can tell a difference in my muscle mass. I'm doing full body 2x a week, not lower body one day and upper body another just because my time is limited. I'm not doing any cardio, I was doing more cardio than ever when I got preggers with DD. Hoping for a BFP this cycle!

dloui128
June 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
it sounds like a great sway, best of luck

Adia
June 26th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Full fat dairy is a shock to the system, I completely agree.

You have made gradual changes that are definitely in the right direction.

IMO, sleep is critical to lp issues. I had issues TTC with DD2 and am having issues now but I work the night shift during both times.

I have been off nights for a few weeks now and I feel much better. Let's hope that is enough for a BFP.

I hope you get a BFP. Keep making slow and steady changes if you don't!

Keep us posted!!

Hokievol
July 2nd, 2013, 08:25 AM
Well I'm growing hair on my feet, which hasn't happened in probably 10 years, and having some, well, interesting dreams. Lol. I'm taking these as good signs that my testosterone is increasing!!

Hokievol
July 2nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
I hope this pregnancy happens quick or I'm going to start looking like this guy:

Hokievol
July 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
:holysheep:

Holy crap! Swaying moved my ovulation a whole week. I'm glad I started using my OPKs early or I would have missed it. The problem is I just have one dose of Mucinex under my belt and haven't started the Pre-Seed yet. Do we wait until next month? I don't have super awesome CM naturally, so I really wanted to use those for awhile before we started. Crap! :worry:

Cinss
July 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Looks good to me :)... (not the hairy part, just the sway ;) )

Adia
July 8th, 2013, 10:50 PM
If their is one thing the HE does is mess with our o date. I was CD18 religiously while on EPO but always had a faker ovulation on CD11. Then went off of EPO and it was consistently CD11/12. This past month CD11/12 was again a faker and the real deal was CD16...bonkers!!

What do you decide to do??

Hokievol
July 9th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I was day 20, then 22 when I started swaying, now 16/17, literally trying to hit a moving target! So we decided to go ahead and try. I have never heard of fake ovulation, did you test positive on an OPK and then test positive again? Should I still test? :confused:

Adia
July 15th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I was day 20, then 22 when I started swaying, now 16/17, literally trying to hit a moving target! So we decided to go ahead and try. I have never heard of fake ovulation, did you test positive on an OPK and then test positive again? Should I still test? :confused:

It has only been in the past 3 cycles that I have gotten a +opk. Before that I had never gotten a +opk so the faker ovulation was all typical Ovulation symptoms - ewcm, open cervix, rising and falling estrogen levels (headaches, nausea) but not the real deal.

Even once I got off of EPO I still have faker ovulations but the +opk does tell me which one is real. Since the faker is usually CD11 I freak out thinking that is the real deal.

Hokievol
July 22nd, 2013, 08:40 AM
It's faint but it's there!!!

Hokievol
October 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM
It worked, we're having a boy!!!!!!!!!!

Huds
October 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
It worked, we're having a boy!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations... It feels so surreal doesn't it!

Hokievol
October 30th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Totally surreal. It hasn't even hit the hubs yet.

Huds
October 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I think it doesn't actually sink in. For me it still hasn't. I think when they are here it will lol. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy

nuthinbutpink
October 30th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Congrats! Did you use the personalized plan?

Adia
October 30th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Congratulations girl!! Great news!!

Hokievol
October 30th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I did use the personalized plan, it was so much easier than guessing and trying to figure it out on my own.
It's starting to sink in for us now, I think it will more and more as time goes on. This is such a different pregnancy from my daughter, down to reversed placenta placement. She was easy-peasy, hardly sick, and I had an anterior placenta. This pregnancy I'm sick all the time with one thing or another, including morning sickness until 16 weeks, and a posterior placenta.

dloui128
October 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM
YAY!!! Congrats

The Anchor
November 5th, 2013, 03:11 PM
How did I miss this???? HUGE CONGRATS!!!