PDA

View Full Version : And now this...

BZ94
May 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
So I'm 38 weeks with DS3 and I thought I had a bad case of poison ivy on my belly and hips...but it keeps spreading all over my body, which I read that poison ivy doesn't usually do (once you have it you can't pass it or spread it). Then someone at DS2's preschool suggested PUPPS and after googling it I'm almost positive that's what I have. It started in my belly and keeps popping up all over. Apparently it is 70% more likely to occur in BOY pregnancies, esp when the baby is big (mine is measuring two weeks ahead -- every measurement at the 34 week ultrasound was in the 95% and my last DS was over 9 lbs).

I'm so miserable I could cry (and have). I'm incredibly short tempered with DS1 who's 5 and spent the morning alternating between yelling at him and apologizing to him. I want to crawl out of my skin but haven't even bothered calling the doctor because if it is PUPPS or Poison Ivy there's no cure other than either childbirth or letting it run it's course.

It's like my body is physically rejecting the idea of ANOTHER BOY! I know once he's here it will be fine, but it's really just making my GD that much more painful....

Fae
May 29th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I had pupps in my first pregnancy so so awful. There is a lotion you can get that helps a lot so it would probably be good to call the Dr. I would put the lotion on and then let a fan blow on it or if I was in the car let lift my shirt some and let the air hit. It does go away immediately after birth thank god.

missmegrn
May 29th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Sounds awful, sorry you are experiencing this. I haven't had pupps in either of my pregnacies so I cannot really relate. I will tell you that I had GD with dd2. At 21 wks we found out I had a 2 vessel cord, which put me high risk. I was mostly over GD, just wishing she was ok and had all of her organs, and at times I felt bad I even had GD because there was always a chance she could have something wrong with her. There were also times when my GD would come up because another problem would come along, like my BP towards the end was high even though I was not preeclamptic, or I would have to have NSTs and labs once a week and extra US's due to my 2 vessel cord (which some costs I had to pay because my insurance didn't cover alot of extra exams/tests). When times were tough and alot was on my plate and stress was high, thats when my GD would show up and make things even worse. This will hopefully pass, once you are able to hold and love your baby.