PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Member only boards?

Starr
May 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I'm considering paying for the membership to allow me access to the community for support in my IVF PGD journey for a DD after 4 beautiful boys; however, I'm apprehensive that the boards will not have many users or be of a high quality. Feedback please?

purpledream
May 30th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I don't know where you get your doubt from, but many of the women on the HT member-only board are with higher education, working and very intelligent. I've been on ingender since 2008 and then, switched to this wonderful website. So far, my $12 have been very well invested! This is not your 'yahoo answers" type of communication board...

HelsBells
May 30th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I don't know where you get your doubt from, but many of the women on the HT member-only board are with higher education, working and very intelligent. I've been on ingender since 2008 and then, switched to this wonderful website. So far, my $12 have been very well invested! This is not your 'yahoo answers" type of communication board...

Agreed! I think we probably have the full range of health and other professionals. I have learnt so much from the women in the member only section and the support has been amazing.

nuthinbutpink
May 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Hi there. I run the forum. You will not find a better soure of GS information online other than our forums.

The private forum is loaded with detail including hundreds of Cycle Diaries logging members' journeys at clinics around the world. There is a HT guide that discusses the entire process and available testing methods.

We usually have 10 current cycles underway.

It's private because of the information contained within and none of it appears in google.

If you think it's not worth it, I'm happy to refund the 12 bucks.

The public forum is not representative of the site when it comes to HT.

Petal
May 30th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Most current cycles only post in the paid section. There are so many helpful ladies and any questions you may have will almost certainly get answered very promptly. I wouldn't feel comfortable posting my personal cycle details in the non member section.

I don't think you will regret paying a small $12 :-)

Starr
May 30th, 2013, 10:33 AM
This is all very helpful, my fear was that the private forum would merely mirror what I have seen in the public forums. It sounds like it is well worth it and exactly the type of information that I'm looking for to support my first cycle. I very much appreciate that the posts do not appear in online searches, something I disliked about my experience on another board (that was also not sensitive to my personal experience and desire to use high tech methods for family balancing). Thank you!

ELP
May 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I find the swaying boards people are more happy to post openly, but the HT ladies prefer the privacy of the private boards so I would def sign up for member for HT community :)