PDA

View Full Version : When to start Clomid?

Kris217
April 29th, 2011, 10:52 PM
My partner was given Clomid by her Dr but isn't going to be using it so I thought I'd take it this month. She was told to start it on day 5 of her cycle but I've been reading and it says from the start of your cycle so does that mean I've left it too late to start it?

Her cycle is a little longer than mine, is that why she was told to wait til day 5?
I have a 28 day cycle and i'm on day 4 now. I usually ovulate on day 14.

Any help will be great!

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I think that if you take it after day 5, it may not work as well?
I thought it was better to start on day 2 or 3?
I know you will prob hate me saying this but i really would not take it without dr supervision!

Kris217
April 29th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Oh yeah, i'm doing my research as we speak. weighing up the pros and cons....don't worry i don't hate you :)

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I'm glad you are taking it seriously, it really isn't a drug to just take without being monitored from what I have learnt! xx

Kris217
April 29th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I will call the dr on Monday who prescribed it to Sarah and tell her about Sarah's change on plans and if she thinks i should take it or not. I won't take it without asking first, don't want to mess anything up!

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Good idea xox

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Have you read this yet?? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1191-Clomid

I personally don't want people taking drugs that were not prescribed to them BUT...people do it sometimes!

Kris217
May 1st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the link Atomic, I did some research and did stumble across a few sites where women were talking about taking someone else's or buying it online. I'm CD6 so I think i'm too late to take it anyway but i still want to call my partners Dr.

TTC5
May 1st, 2011, 08:48 PM
Calling the dr is the best thing =) Let us know you go! xx

My Fabulous Children
May 1st, 2011, 09:47 PM
I will call the dr on Monday who prescribed it to Sarah and tell her about Sarah's change on plans and if she thinks i should take it or not. I won't take it without asking first, don't want to mess anything up!

It's important to ask the doctor first , because you should only really take Clomid when prescribed by a Doctor as it can be damaging when not needed. Good luck.

My Fabulous Children
May 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Have you read this yet?? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1191-Clomid

I personally don't want people taking drugs that were not prescribed to them BUT...people do it sometimes!

I thought about doing that, LOL. I worried about doing that, because it's not prescribed by the doctor, so I decided to stay away from this.

Kris217
May 1st, 2011, 10:35 PM
It's tempting, i mean i could try for a few more months with no luck and go see the same dr who might prescribe it anyway.