PDA

View Full Version : What could be messing with my cycle? Help!

sdmommy
April 30th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I'm on CD28 with no signs of ovulation yet so this may either be a super long cycle (mine are usually 35-42 days) or an anovulatory one (which I've never had as far as I know). I'm not sure if it's my miscarriage, supplements or diet changes?!
After my m/c in Feb I had a 35 day cycle with ovulation. I started some supplements and diet changes shortly after my m/c.
However this cycle I added in TT and EPO. I know EPO increases LP but thought it didn't delay O unless it's taken on super high dosage. I also stepped up my BSD in anticipation of O and the past 6 weeks we were pretty strict on the diet. What should I do? I cut back BSD to twice a day and feel like I'm ready to give up swaying because my body is broken!

TTC5
April 30th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Big hugs, I am sure you are not broken =(
Are you sure you have not missed the surge (am assuming you use opk's?)

Zivic-Bubac
April 30th, 2011, 04:32 AM
EPO messed up my cycle without increasing ewcm, so I would def leave that one out.
I was taking it for 2 cycles, and on second cycle my O date was moved, but I can't remember for how many days.
If I remember right, there a is a notice on T's e-book (IG) that EPO might influence your cycle.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'm on CD28 with no signs of ovulation yet so this may either be a super long cycle (mine are usually 35-42 days) or an anovulatory one (which I've never had as far as I know). I'm not sure if it's my miscarriage, supplements or diet changes?!
After my m/c in Feb I had a 35 day cycle with ovulation. I started some supplements and diet changes shortly after my m/c.
However this cycle I added in TT and EPO. I know EPO increases LP but thought it didn't delay O unless it's taken on super high dosage. I also stepped up my BSD in anticipation of O and the past 6 weeks we were pretty strict on the diet. What should I do? I cut back BSD to twice a day and feel like I'm ready to give up swaying because my body is broken!

I do think it's the TT/EPO combo that made your cycle so long and I would drop the TT because as you already read on another thread, that has some conflicting info about how it sways anyway.

The other possibility is that sometimes it can take a bit of time for your cycles to normalize after a loss. Even though your first month's cycle was fairly normal, it may be that your hormones are just in flux and so it's taking a bit of time to ovulate this time. Long cycles aren't believed to sway either way.

My Fabulous Children
May 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
I agree TT/EPO. I never took EPO, but I took TT and it made me O really really late. I would drop both of them.

skrimpy
May 1st, 2011, 05:46 PM
I agree with the other ladies, drop the TT. I don't think the BSD will mess with your cycle - it's going to mess with your tummy/gut if that's not agreeing with you. Are you taking the EPO to try and increase EWCM? Could you try fish oil instead?

sdmommy
May 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the responses...I dropped the TT like a bad habit, I'll stop the EPO now also. It's so discouraging because I'll miss the Full moon (if I O'd on time almost everything would have been perfect). I'll probably skip this cycle (if it ever ends) because I feel so let down. I was tracking O with CBFM, BBT and strips 2 times a day. Can you tell I was a bit desperate after my MC? Haha. We may take a break for a few months because this is all soooo stressful. Thanks again for your help! Oh and I am already taking fish oil!

My Fabulous Children
May 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the responses...I dropped the TT like a bad habit, I'll stop the EPO now also. It's so discouraging because I'll miss the Full moon (if I O'd on time almost everything would have been perfect). I'll probably skip this cycle (if it ever ends) because I feel so let down. I was tracking O with CBFM, BBT and strips 2 times a day. Can you tell I was a bit desperate after my MC? Haha. We may take a break for a few months because this is all soooo stressful. Thanks again for your help! Oh and I am already taking fish oil! I feel the same way. I had a m/c on March and if it's not going to happen in May I will take break because this is all so stressful. :hair: