PDA

View Full Version : Can't deal with newd

6bluewant1pink
June 1st, 2013, 10:43 AM
Found out having Boy #7 I am not handling it well. Can't deal with the disappointment feeling torn up. Can't stop crying thinking crazy thought. I need counseling some type help to hard on me.

6bluewant1pink
June 1st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Can't deal with news I meant on title

bunnywabbit
June 1st, 2013, 11:12 AM
Aww, I'm so sorry your sway didn't go as planned. I do believe talking and time will help. We're all here for you :hugs:

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope it gets easier for you over time.

Adia
June 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Oh honey, I'm sorry. I wish I would wash away your pain with some words of comfort. I know how tense and scared I am of having another girl and never getting a boy.

Are their any other options, adoption, HT? I know both cost plenty and in many ways its easier to have a baby than to do adoption or HT.

Vent here, we all feel your pain and hope it eases up quickly.

5boysandcounting
June 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
So sorry hun , but I know you will love this little boy every bit as much as your other boys and wouldn't change him for any girl once he's in your arms. 7 boys is very special!! Hugs xxx

hlmcdaniels
June 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM
i'm so sorry=( I'm here to talk!

ELP
June 1st, 2013, 04:45 PM
So sorry you are in a bad place at the moment:( I wish I could fast forward a year and see how happy you all are, and I know you will be xxx

6bluewant1pink
June 1st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks ladies! I took the news better yesterday. Going out to eat and shopping for him. Then get a text early this morning from a friend she finally get her girl,I just went into a deep depression. I feel sick mentally and physically. I had to force myself to eat. I hope it gets better in time because no way I wanna feel this down whole pregnancy. I actually can't wait for November to have him. Few years put atomic plan to great use! I must admit I rushed my diet was boy friendly most of the time

Yuzu
June 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM
I'm so sorry you're sad. I now it's hard to think about today, but as soon as you have boy number seven you will adore him. Such a special number, seven! He will be your lucky little guy, and bring you lots of love.

6bluewant1pink
June 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
I just don't feel a connection to him. I never was like this with my other boys. The pain is to much to handle feels like I'm losing my mind! Hope this will get better very soon.

6bluewant1pink
June 2nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=Adia;412873]Oh honey, I'm sorry. I wish I would wash away your pain with some words of comfort. I know how tense and scared I am of having another girl and never getting a boy.

Are their any other options, adoption, HT? I know both cost plenty and in many ways its easier to have a baby than to do adoption or HT.

If I could afford ht I would jump on it so fast! My husband wants me to get my tubes tied but I decided not to. I just feel my time will come,has to come. Adoption is a rollercoaster I can't deal with all the emotions. I was adopted but not in a great home. Never had mother daughter bond,that's main reason I want a daughter.

Adia
June 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
I understand honey, HT is such a roller coaster too and not as many are good candidates as we all think.

I will keep hoping and praying that you find peace with your little bun in the oven and someway find a way to get your girl. Eight is a great number!!!

Big hugs honey, I have been thinking about you a lot.

1+2+3boys
June 2nd, 2013, 11:05 PM
I thought for sure this being number 7 that it would finally be your girl. I wish it could have been for you. I too am adopted and not sure if I could do adoption myself. I am not close to my Mum and part of me wanting a daughter is to have that Mother/Daughter relationship that I feel I have never had.
I keep reminding myself that I do not need a daughter to prove that I am a better Mother than her because I know I would treat a daughter better than how she treated me. I may be done so I hang onto those thoughts to focus on my sons in case I do not have another or a girl. I only have three boys though, can't imagine how you must feel after trying for number 7 and still not getting your girl :(
After my twins gender scan at 16 weeks I lost all excitement about the pregnancy for at least a week but I got past that. They turned one yesterday and I feel I have the most amazing family and would not change them now but I know those words are no consolation whilst still pregnant and that you wanted your girl now. Thinking of you and hoping you can find a happy ending no mater what the future brings. New borns are precious and amazing and I'm sure you will not feel the way you do now when you meet him

harleyquinn
June 4th, 2013, 01:45 PM
OH no...I am sorry you are hurting :( :(

Take extra good care of yourself if you can and remember there are lots of ways to feel joy and happiness beyond the gender of our new babies. (HUGS)

I know this is odd advice, but perhaps you can find healing in nurturing your new little fellow....I find taking care of babies very healing when the world seems wonked outside. He will need his momma and you are a pro :)

I don't know if this is true for you, but it seems for me...every new boy any feelings of shock or GD diminishes with each little guy...because you KNOW on some level, that everythings gonna be ok in the end. (I though DS#4 was the end of the world but obviously we are all still here in one peice LOL)

Take care...7 boys is shocking and different but life tends to be that way sometimes. Sometimes we need to subtly shift our mind-sets to accept a new normal that isn't what we planned...and I don't know about anyone else, but I have had to do this over and over in life and GD is only one small facet of the whole grand scheme of "life isn't what I planned and not always what I wanted either" lol . Take care xoxo

3boys
June 5th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I don't understand how life can seem so unfair sometimes. I'm sending ((hugs)). I wish I could do more xx

black&gold
June 5th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you're hurting. I can only imagine how hard it must be, but there is definitely something special about having all of one gender - but I still fully understand all the frustration, hurt, annoyance etc. you must be feeling. I honestly think a good 90% of us wouldn't have GD if there wasn't such a negative stigma attached to boys. I feel like you never hear anyone saying to a mom of all girls "oh, you must be dying for a boy...". I know for me what has made me discouraged each time I found out I was having a boy were the comments I knew I'd get - and did get with each. Random strangers would say "awww.. that's too bad" when I would respond boy after being asked the gender during pregnancy. I feel like when you have a girl, the whole world is so much more excited for you and your pregnancy, and boys are just looked at as a horrible thing to have happened "not another boy!". I think I would be thrilled about being a mom to boys all the time if it weren't for inconsiderate people and their comments. Boys are SO special. You are going to be an awesome mom and are going to experience such a CRAZY amount of love as all your little boys turn into men. I think it's very touch and go as to whether or not you'd have that mother/daughter relationship.. but I think almost every boy has some deep love and respect for their mom no matter what! Thinking of you!

Adia
June 5th, 2013, 03:30 PM
6bluewant1pink ~ have you watched the show Farm Kings?
The lady had 8 boys and 1 girl. It is so cool to watch all those boys with their mom - it is obvious she just adores them and they adore her. They are truly a special family.

6bluewant1pink
June 6th, 2013, 06:31 PM
6bluewant1pink ~ have you watched the show Farm Kings?
The lady had 8 boys and 1 girl. It is so cool to watch all those boys with their mom - it is obvious she just adores them and they adore her. They are truly a special family.
No I haven't what station does it come on?

Lizzie Lizard
June 6th, 2013, 08:45 PM
6blue, I just wanted to say I am so sorry you are hurting too. I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions. Thinking of you...

BabyGirl4Me
June 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
I just don't feel a connection to him. I never was like this with my other boys. The pain is to much to handle feels like I'm losing my mind! Hope this will get better very soon.

I felt zero connection to my DS as soon as I heard it's a boy at my scan. I didn't feel any kind of connection to him until after I had given birth and was a bit cleaned up and was put back in the bed to hold and nurse him, and that was when I realized how incredible this tiny little bitty was and how much I loved him. The GD went away for a while and didn't come back until my in-laws came to visit (was sadly was 2 days after birth.) Don't feel bad if you have a hard time bonding with this baby. It will come with time on it's own. Don't force it or feel bad for not being happy.

6bluewant1pink
June 6th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks ladies for your support and understanding! I am getting better each day now that it's been a week since finding out. The only part that will upset me is the stupid comments by others! If it was a girl everyone would be happy for me, but since it's a boy who would care. Shopping for him has helped me. My boys seem to be doing good knowing it's another brother. I told them one day they'll get their sister when the right time comes.

Adia
June 6th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Farm Kings is shown on CMT, the country music channel.

6bluewant1pink
June 6th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Farm Kings is shown on CMT, the country music channel.

Aww wish I had direct tv or dish network, but I have time Warner cable I do not think I have that channel, I might can check youtube or something.

Five Beautiful Girls
June 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM
6blue, I am sorry to hear this isn't the news you wanted, hearing you say you are having #7 boy scares the crap out of me as I think what if this happens to me, after I had a amnio at 16 weeks & found out I was having daughter #5 I cried for two weeks straight , I cried hanging out washing, I cried when cooking dinner, I cried when driving the girls to school, my eyes were so sore & puffy from crying for two weeks but it was good for me to let it all out, I really needed to do that it helped me come to terms with the fact I was having another girl, I think these were tears from all of my pregnancies I never really just let it all go until this time, I didn't want my other girls to see me this upset but I couldn't hide it ,it just poured out of me, I really feel for you at this time, but I can't imagine how you must be feeling after hearing you are having son#7, sending you big hugs from down under .

:DD::DD::DD::DD::DD: swaying for :DS:

6bluewant1pink
June 13th, 2013, 10:20 AM
6blue, I am sorry to hear this isn't the news you wanted, hearing you say you are having #7 boy scares the crap out of me as I think what if this happens to me, after I had a amnio at 16 weeks & found out I was having daughter #5 I cried for two weeks straight , I cried hanging out washing, I cried when cooking dinner, I cried when driving the girls to school, my eyes were so sore & puffy from crying for two weeks but it was good for me to let it all out, I really needed to do that it helped me come to terms with the fact I was having another girl, I think these were tears from all of my pregnancies I never really just let it all go until this time, I didn't want my other girls to see me this upset but I couldn't hide it ,it just poured out of me, I really feel for you at this time, but I can't imagine how you must be feeling after hearing you are having son#7, sending you big hugs from down under .

:DD::DD::DD::DD::DD: swaying for :DS:

Thanks for the kind words,but I envy you! Sending tons of blue dust your way. If you need any advice on conceiving a boy I surely can help you! Good luck!

Five Beautiful Girls
June 14th, 2013, 08:08 AM
6blue, Yes Please , I will take all the blue dust you have to give away Thanks :happy:Crazy isn't it? You just want ONE of want I have & I Just want ONE of what you've Got, I asks myself everyday Why ? Why? can't I just have one , I am a good mother & a nice person......Wish I had all the answers, fingers crossed this works for me, it's my last shot, All the best 6blue

Five Beautiful Girls
June 14th, 2013, 03:54 PM
6blue, I went to bed last night thinking about you with all your boys & me with all my girls, I know one thing for sure & that is my last daughter I conceived on the day of O, so after all the research & brain overload of information I truly believe my problems lay with CM & PH in the vaginal track & if I change nothing I will have a girl again.In my mind I have always thought that I have a lot of CM but after reading alot about it I am now thinking Well maybe I don't really have the right amount to get the boy swimmers through the VT alive never before realised how important CM really is, I know with my last daughter it was in missionary position & no O ,was doing alot of cardio exercise & just lost some weight , never ate in the evening, only done it the once in the morning after positive ovulation test, looking at all of this sounds like a girl sway to me, What do you think 6blue? what are your thoughts On CM & PH ? I know everything else all have to line up to make a sway go the way you want.
Are you thinking about having anymore after you have #7 or have you reached your limit? How are you feeling now about having another boy now that some time has passed? People who don't know a thing about gender disappointment really piss me off, Really hope you are doing & feeling alot better now but if your not thats Ok.... because sometimes it take a while, Big hugs to you 6blue from down under, Have a wonderful day :happy:

6bluewant1pink
June 14th, 2013, 11:41 PM
6blue, I went to bed last night thinking about you with all your boys & me with all my girls, I know one thing for sure & that is my last daughter I conceived on the day of O, so after all the research & brain overload of information I truly believe my problems lay with CM & PH in the vaginal track & if I change nothing I will have a girl again.In my mind I have always thought that I have a lot of CM but after reading alot about it I am now thinking Well maybe I don't really have the right amount to get the boy swimmers through the VT alive never before realised how important CM really is, I know with my last daughter it was in missionary position & no O ,was doing alot of cardio exercise & just lost some weight , never ate in the evening, only done it the once in the morning after positive ovulation test, looking at all of this sounds like a girl sway to me, What do you think 6blue? what are your thoughts On CM & PH ? I know everything else all have to line up to make a sway go the way you want.
Are you thinking about having anymore after you have #7 or have you reached your limit? How are you feeling now about having another boy now that some time has passed? People who don't know a thing about gender disappointment really piss me off, Really hope you are doing & feeling alot better now but if your not thats Ok.... because sometimes it take a while, Big hugs to you 6blue from down under, Have a wonderful day :happy:

Well I am hanging in there I have my good and bad days. I do plan on doing one more sway next time focusing on diet! All my boys were conceived by eating lots of calories!' snacking to. I will get a list of foods together for you. I know my protein intake was high. This baby I conceived on O day day I did have Cm, but I was eating Chinese food and pizza hut. I was actually on my break month from dieting. I used rephresh every 3 days even used finger tip after sex to kill off sperm but a lucky little :bluesperm: was determined lol. I pray you get your boy you so deserve!

Five Beautiful Girls
June 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM
6 blue, Thanks for sharing, A list would be good to see, Thanks You :happy: Have a wonderful day.

Becpot
June 18th, 2013, 09:07 AM
6blue I completely understand where you are at the moment. I have 3 healthy boys and didn't want to get pregnant for fear of having another boy but a little mishap whilst bf my 10mo and I'm expecting boy #4. I feel completely overwhelmed, ripped off and disconnected. I think my emotions are worse because I didn't want to be pregnant in the first place. Everywhere I look there are newborn baby girls and people just keep saying " you should be happy he's healthy". I know I will love this baby once he's in my arms but the gaping hole in my heart aches for a little girl.
I admire your courage dealing with the gd roller coaster 7 times.

Emily
June 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Soo sorry that you are hurting, this site is good for venting but I think you might need something more. I don't mean ooooh you sound nuts or anything;) GD is hideous and can ruin a pregnancy and jeopardise bonding. Could you go for counselling or do it by phone? There is no stigma attached to talking through your problems. My mum did it recently after 60 years of stiff upper lip get on with it British mentality and has been kicking herself for not acting sooner.

I am sorry I cannot give you any numbers but google support groups for pg mums or counselling services in case you get down again. Counsellors are trained to get us to think in different ways, to question our beliefs and shake up our ingrained thoughts. They also have a raft of techniques for coping and viewing life.

Big hugs.

6bluewant1pink
June 20th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Soo sorry that you are hurting, this site is good for venting but I think you might need something more. I don't mean ooooh you sound nuts or anything;) GD is hideous and can ruin a pregnancy and jeopardise bonding. Could you go for counselling or do it by phone? There is no stigma attached to talking through your problems. My mum did it recently after 60 years of stiff upper lip get on with it British mentality and has been kicking herself for not acting sooner.

I am sorry I cannot give you any numbers but google support groups for pg mums or counselling services in case you get down again. Counsellors are trained to get us to think in different ways, to question our beliefs and shake up our ingrained thoughts. They also have a raft of techniques for coping and viewing life.

Big hugs.

Thanks but I'm actually a lot better my GD didn't last long at all! My main focus is healthy baby boy! I'm accepting it and can't wait to meet my baby boy I'm so in love :)

Emily
June 21st, 2013, 10:17 AM
That is fabulous news. Enjoy!