PDA

View Full Version : The LAZY Swayers

DoulaMama
April 30th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Well, I feel like I may be the only one here not doing the diet to sway....but I thought I would start this thread for all those wanting to put a little effort into their sway, be it diet, or timing, ions, supps, or OWT's .....but not going too crazy with all the factors. I've come to the conclusion that I CANNOT do the diet. I can lose weight/cut calories and add some calcium into my diet...but that's as far as I'm going to go. I will be doing a cut-off, using ions, supps and hoping that the psychic was correct ;) I've really come to terms with the possibility of a fourth boy and I am totally ok with that:) I just really want a 4th child:D

Anyway, I'm still part of the Pink swayers but wanted to start this for those of us that are mellow about swaying. :wave:

Zivic-Bubac
April 30th, 2011, 05:20 AM
I'm serious about diet and supps, but I don't put (enough) effort in timing. I'm too lazy to do the charting and I do OPKs only 1 a day ( my excuse is they are expensive :oops:) That way I'm always in doubt when I Oed and it's becoming frustrating :thumbsdown:Maybe that's why I keep getting bfns? lol!
But, I'm taking month off, and i'm already cheating on diet, in fact I'll be back on my old girly eating habits in no time :rofl:

TTC5
April 30th, 2011, 06:47 AM
LOL Zivic!!!! I think this is a great idea for a thread!!

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Great thread! I'll stick it!

Hey, in my book, losing weight/cutting calories IS still a pink sway. Do the doable and leave the rest in God's hands because that's where it is anyway.

For pink, it may very well be that the relaxed approach is better than the intense approach anyway.

Belle
April 30th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Count me in I'm not so strict on the diet but I'm thin anyway and lose weight easily and I don't monitor my ovulation properly

Flava
April 30th, 2011, 01:55 PM
doulamama I think you are doing the diet good so you are not that lazy lol.
I just can't be like that laid back...I already have 2 faild sway...and there are ppl who don't believe in god so we can't just say leave it to him I guess.

My Fabulous Children
April 30th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I am getting lazy only because I am so tired of the whole thing, Seems like its been forever..I've been doing all the TTC work since June 10' , I'm getting lazy to chart, but I'm really good at taking my supplements & doing the diet, but sometimes I get lazy from doing the drinks. I get more energy the week of the attempt.

LolaInLove
May 2nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
I am getting lazy only because I am so tired of the whole thing, Seems like its been forever..I've been doing all the TTC work since June 10' , I'm getting lazy to chart, but I'm really good at taking my supplements & doing the diet, but sometimes I get lazy from doing the drinks. I get more energy the week of the attempt.

ME TOO! I'm just suddenly today feeling very lazy. Since the m/c last week, I just have oscillating feelings about ttc again and swaying. I'm trying to stay positive, but I think I might really need a break. I'm planning to take this cycle off, for sure. I have no desire to eat anything at all lately.

lightofmylife
May 2nd, 2011, 05:25 PM
LOL... are you talking about me ?? I AM a big lazy swayer , actually i do a hard sway but just in my thought , may b i am not TTC yet but again i cant b regular in charting so gave it up...... take supplement but cant eat toooo much as my stomach is not used to eating tooo much ... but what i eat is boy friendly.

DoulaMama
May 3rd, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm so thrilled to have others on here with me!! LOL

I'm great at planning, buying all the stuff I need but going through with it all is really hard. I just want to get pregnant and not worry about the sex of the baby....sigh :( I know that the day after my BFP I'll be regretting not trying harder so I'm trying to whip my ass into gear here. I talked to my hubby about it last night..the whole swaying thing and when we wanted to try or our next. I'm open to whenever...he doesn't want to start until July. Again...he doesn't want to use condoms...LOL! so we end up pregnant before we want but that's ok too. I take the supps, I'm getting my opk's soon so I'm going to try for a small cut off with very frequent BD, and my salt/potassium intake is way different from my 3 boys. I'm watching my calories and trying to lose weight, and also jogging 3x a week. I did not work out at all with the boys...basically I'm doing the exact opposite of everything. We'll see if it works! It's most likely a good thing we don't really TTC until July because I'm going on holiday in 5 days for 2.5 weeks...and my eating is not going to be good...I just know it won't. Oh well.

4BlueLooking4Pink
May 3rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
I'm a lazy swayer! I'll do the supps, check my ph & try to keep it lower but I can NOT do the diet. I just can't. I'm trying to lose a few lbs since I know it sways but otherwise I'm just going to leave it in God's hands. :) I'm on cd3 right now so nothing exciting until I gear up for ov. I'm also doing vitex now because of my irregular cycles and figure it can't hurt because it sways girl.

I tried the diet for one day and it stressed me out and I was off it by the afternoon, lol.

pastelpicnic
May 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
I just got back from a 7day road trip to Texas with my family for a family wedding. I have to say that I was religious with my supps and was able to not eat breakfast but did end up having some food that were salty and I did partake in some wine drinking. I made sure that I had some yogurt once a day and I didn't eat any chicken or red meat. So I've become a little lazy pink swayer due to our road trip! ;)

kaseybaby
May 3rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
Me! I am going to be skipping breakfast, cutting calories, cutting sodium, jogging, adding calcium, etc, but there is no way I can eat only girl diet. I will cut out meat the week leading up to ovulation, but I just can't do the whole shabang. I am just going to try to be as opposite as i can then I was with DS. The rest in my feelings really is in God's hands. I also think the stricter I am on the diet the less time I will last on it.

pastelpicnic
May 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm too lazy to chart temp and it also stresses me WAAAAAAY out when I do, and I only POAS once maybe twice a day due to the costs. I do however check my PH.

glory
May 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
lol I was a lazy swayer, which in hindsight was a good thing cause I wouldn't have my last 2 precious boys, but we didn't get the girl.

I was the timing queen, never did the diet or the douches, the book I had at the time, said it is all about the timing, I probably should have researched it a bit more, but at the end of the day, we tried for my last bub for 8 months, trying to keep it way before ovulation and in the end, just thought we need to do it closer or we will never even get a baby let alone a girl.

We are now going HT, but I don't even know if I would have been able to stick to a diet etc...

PolishPrincess
May 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I am a lazy swayer I guess. I am doing the diet pretty strictly with just a few french things here and there...I am doing supplements and some ion stuff but I just can't bring myself to douche. Oh and I am not tracking because so far it is pretty obvious to me when my o+12 is but who knows when my CM dries up from all these cranberry pills????:)

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I'm a lazy swayer! I'll do the supps, check my ph & try to keep it lower but I can NOT do the diet. I just can't. I'm trying to lose a few lbs since I know it sways but otherwise I'm just going to leave it in God's hands. :) I'm on cd3 right now so nothing exciting until I gear up for ov. I'm also doing vitex now because of my irregular cycles and figure it can't hurt because it sways girl.

I tried the diet for one day and it stressed me out and I was off it by the afternoon, lol.

I really really really do not love people doing supps with your reg. diet. I don't think it works. If you try, make sure you're also eating much less salt than you were before and less meat.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Me! I am going to be skipping breakfast, cutting calories, cutting sodium, jogging, adding calcium, etc, but there is no way I can eat only girl diet. I will cut out meat the week leading up to ovulation, but I just can't do the whole shabang. I am just going to try to be as opposite as i can then I was with DS. The rest in my feelings really is in God's hands. I also think the stricter I am on the diet the less time I will last on it.

Don't worry about the meat one week before ovulation, it doesn't matter by that point. The point of the low protein is to shrink your muscle and one week before ovulation is not enough time to do that. Lots of women eat meat and still have girls.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM
lol I was a lazy swayer, which in hindsight was a good thing cause I wouldn't have my last 2 precious boys, but we didn't get the girl.

I was the timing queen, never did the diet or the douches, the book I had at the time, said it is all about the timing, I probably should have researched it a bit more, but at the end of the day, we tried for my last bub for 8 months, trying to keep it way before ovulation and in the end, just thought we need to do it closer or we will never even get a baby let alone a girl.

We are now going HT, but I don't even know if I would have been able to stick to a diet etc...

Yep, that timing business has left a lot of opposites in its wake! Good luck on HT.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I am a lazy swayer I guess. I am doing the diet pretty strictly with just a few french things here and there...I am doing supplements and some ion stuff but I just can't bring myself to douche. Oh and I am not tracking because so far it is pretty obvious to me when my o+12 is but who knows when my CM dries up from all these cranberry pills????:)

To me that is not a lazy sway at all! :agree:

4BlueLooking4Pink
May 11th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I really really really do not love people doing supps with your reg. diet. I don't think it works. If you try, make sure you're also eating much less salt than you were before and less meat.

I can understand that. But what if you're on a 1200-1500 calorie/day diet? (which is pretty constricting for me - I'm sure I'm normally a 2000-2500calorie/day person) What would you do? I'll lose 2-4lbs/week if I stick to it. I'm still going to do cranberry and vitex for sure. I have the mag & calcium but not taking them. Still considering the calcium because I don't feel I get enough and it seems more calcium sways girl?

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't catch that you were on a low-cal diet. In that case, I think it's fine for you to take the cal-mag supps (but that is not lazy swaying! that's hard work!!) ;) I would try to cut back on sodium too though.

4BlueLooking4Pink
May 13th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Unfortunately my low calorie diet is still more boy friendly foods. I can do the low cal but sticking to the girl only list will about do me in. And now I'm so indecisive to think I might not sway at all and just have another boy, lol. I would like to still lose about 10lbs before summer though regardless so I guess if I lose weight it's technically still swaying girl!?

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I ~personally~ believe the low cal is more important than the minerals by a factor of a billion times and I am writing a diet for people just like you. If you are losing weight on a low cal diet YOU ARE SWAYING and don't let anyone tell you any different (not even me)!!! If you cut back on protein and fat, more's the better. Good luck.

PolishPrincess
May 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Thank You Atomic! You are making me feel more successful with my sway. I actually am down about nine pounds and I am nearing the end of week two so the diet thing is going well...I think I needed to hear this was a good sway even though I am not using lime tampons or Aci-jel....that's the one that really gets me the Aci-jel it sounds so successful...but I think it has to do with my faith...I don't know I can only do what I am comfortable with...and I am pretty sure God is sick of hearing my out loud praying too! :) Thanks again!

purplepoet20
May 25th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I am not full force in the girl diet... I am still nursing and he shows no signs of wanting to stop. I am eating very little sodium and potassium, no natural sugars, and only the protein needed for a nursing mom. I eat 2 meals and 1-2 small snacks a day. I replaced my juice and normal soda with diet soda and crystal light. I am taking a lot of supps/herbs, the girl sway ones. I have lost weight and want to loose more.

DoulaMama
May 26th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Hello Everyone!! Back from holidays and gained 4 pounds!!! ACK! I'll be back on my diet hardcore tomorrow and hoping to TTC in July. Not that you guys really need to know or anything but I GOT MY FIRST PP Period!!!! Yippee!!! I had some spotting about 5 weeks ago and I wrote it down on my calendar...I then started taking vitex on that day(for 2 weeks), started using opk's about 8 days after that spotting and on cycle day 22 and 23 I got a positive opk! I then got my first real cycle about 12 days later:) Going on day 6 of yuckiness now but thankful that I ovulated. I'm hoping to ovulate later again, like CD 20+, because I would love to TTC an April baby which means a mid July conception.... Anyway, I'm starting my girl diet(not hardcore) tomorrow and also beginning my workouts again. I'm hoping to lose 10-15lbs before we TTC.... FX'd
Talk to you guys later!!

fivebabies
June 5th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I'm a lazy swayer too!

I have lost about 30 lbs since January (maintaing for the last 3 months), haven't had breakfast in 5 months, been on calcium/mag for 5 months, way low sodium and potasium, low fat and sugar diet, trying to add some dairy, but not really on the girl diet, lots of Crystal Light the week before O, doing some neg ion stuff, avoiding the Big O as much as possible, dtd frequently since all of my boys were conceived dtd every 3 days, always missionary.

I'm not charting at all. I always get + OPKs no matter what so I dont trust them. Going by CM and O pain. Not checking my PH either.

We'll see how it goes!

More praying, less swaying! ;)

zanacal
June 6th, 2011, 01:58 AM
I think I'm beginning to fall into this category - the more I read the more I drop from my sway!

I'm left with:

Sticking to the low-everything diet. This is the major factor as far as I can see and I'm delaying my sway (was going to do July, now thinking of August) to get to as low a weight as I can. I want to lose 28lb.

Taking just Vitex and folic acid. I'll take Chitosan before meals once I'm reassured DS3 (still BFing once a day) is ok with shellfish.

On the days of our attempts I'll take a baby aspirin and an antihistimine - I'll see if DH will take an aspirin too. I'll also use a blob of Rephresh each morning - possibly some Acijel an hour before but I need to experiment with that.

In the month of our attempt DH will see to himself during AF, then we'll DTD for 3 or 4 days with a spermicide condom then we'll DTD for real every day until I get a +OPK. DH wears tight boxers and will have a bath before each attempt.

That is all :D

atomic sagebrush
June 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I think I'm beginning to fall into this category - the more I read the more I drop from my sway!

I'm left with:

Sticking to the low-everything diet. This is the major factor as far as I can see and I'm delaying my sway (was going to do July, now thinking of August) to get to as low a weight as I can. I want to lose 28lb.

Taking just Vitex and folic acid. I'll take Chitosan before meals once I'm reassured DS3 (still BFing once a day) is ok with shellfish.

On the days of our attempts I'll take a baby aspirin and an antihistimine - I'll see if DH will take an aspirin too. I'll also use a blob of Rephresh each morning - possibly some Acijel an hour before but I need to experiment with that.

In the month of our attempt DH will see to himself during AF, then we'll DTD for 3 or 4 days with a spermicide condom then we'll DTD for real every day until I get a +OPK. DH wears tight boxers and will have a bath before each attempt.

That is all :D

You "Lazy Swayers" aren't lazy at all!!!

I guess my thinking of "lazy swaying" is the person who eats their normal diet, doesn't even cut back on salt, but takes Cal/mag/cran/Vit D and B6 and kinda sorta tries to hit an O+12. Or as I like to call them, "boy moms". ;) (I"m not criticizing anyone, and there are def. benefits to a relaxed approach to swaying. Just pointing out that you guys are really swaying hard, don't sell yourself short!!)

Layla
June 27th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Hmmm, none of you appear to be lazt swayers to me. I am a lazy swayer all that I am doing is boy high everything diet which does not require a lot of effort at all, it just means eating all the time. I tried to buy those ph testers, but could not find an inexpensive one in Au and the USA companies that sell the good cheap ones don't ship here. So I have given up on Ph testing before I even started. I have a microscope for saliva testing for ovulation time, but my DD2 was conceived on O day (according to that tester anyway) so I am not doing timing either. I can be a real paranoid person :omg: so I am too scared to take any supplements that I have not heard of or taken before (thus taking onle pre-natals and extra folate). Now that is a lazy sway. :sad:
The more I read this website the more I think about how much effort is required and I have only few weeks of mat leave left and do not want to apply effort. If I wait to go back to work to sway as I will definitely be more stressed then, I will be too busy to eat and the diet goes out the window. So I am definitely thinking (as one of my friends says to me) I will only ever have girls!

TTC5
June 27th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Hmmm, none of you appear to be lazt swayers to me. I am a lazy swayer all that I am doing is boy high everything diet which does not require a lot of effort at all, it just means eating all the time. I tried to buy those ph testers, but could not find an inexpensive one in Au and the USA companies that sell the good cheap ones don't ship here. So I have given up on Ph testing before I even started. I have a microscope for saliva testing for ovulation time, but my DD2 was conceived on O day (according to that tester anyway) so I am not doing timing either. I can be a real paranoid person :omg: so I am too scared to take any supplements that I have not heard of or taken before (thus taking onle pre-natals and extra folate). Now that is a lazy sway. :sad:
The more I read this website the more I think about how much effort is required and I have only few weeks of mat leave left and do not want to apply effort. If I wait to go back to work to sway as I will definitely be more stressed then, I will be too busy to eat and the diet goes out the window. So I am definitely thinking (as one of my friends says to me) I will only ever have girls!

Don't forget you are most welcome to come visit us in the boy thread it does not matter to us how little or how much you "sway" xxxx

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 10:47 AM

Don't despair, that is strictly forbidden for blue swayers!! Despair lowers testosterone! ;)

You don't HAVE to take any weird supplements for TTC blue, I promise. I conceived 3 boys doing nothing other than taking supplements (and with my first son I wasn't even doing that!) and eating a high-everything style diet.

Protein + carbs at 3 meals a day plus 2-4 snacks = boys. You can do it even if you don't do a single other thing to sway.

Statistically, your odds of a boy actually go UP after 3 girls! You might find this thread interesting/reassuring http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?762-statistics-question!-anybody-know

Layla
July 2nd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks atomic I do hope so especially if I add a couple of the drinks like wheatgrass, green tea and Ural. I hope it should work. But if not I will still be over the moon with another little girl. More opportunity to tell people how beautiful people have more girls :rofl:
And no way will I have more than 3 children. Closing shop after 3 no matter what the statistics! I take my hat off to all you ladies that have 3 or more you truly are legends. Especially you atomic with all this extra stuff that you do here for us all. One thing that I want to say to you though is I have often heard you in your posts blaming yourself for your son's condition. I really think you are way too hard on yourself. The one study linking spina bifida to green tea is really not reliable. It has been found that in Japan where drinking green tea is prevalent that spina bifida has only increased in the last few years because of increase of smoking amongst young women and a large reduction of BMI. Sometimes things just happen and we don't know why, sometimes we follow advice with our best intentions at heart and that advice maybe best at that time but something else comes out later that we did not know about at the time. I think there is just too much pressure on us women these days to create and raise what is society's idea of perfect children. I was feeling a bit down on the day I wrote the post. At the end of the day we do not carry Y our husbands do so the gender is never really our "fault." Finally, my understanding is that (especially after a recent study that examined the children of fathers over the age of 50) most major health issues after birth including m/c are connected to sperm quality rather than egg quality. Older women simply have harder time falling preganant the other problems come from the father.
I am not trying to make fathers feel bad here I am just saying that society automatically blames the mother for everything "or poor you you only have girls" "oh what were you eating/lifting/doing when you miscarried or had a child with a disability." There are reasons out there that a completely beyond our control whether you call it god or nature or whatever...
So I am back to being lazy and happy about it...

atomic sagebrush
July 2nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
:HH: You are totally right about we women blaming ourselves too much! Thank you!

Layla
July 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
:HH: back to you our wise atomic :happy:

QueenB
July 17th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I was certainly not as strict as others when ttc, however, I did the diet (loosely), supps, timing, etc. for quite some time. Luckily, we did end up with DD. This next time around I do plan to use the supps, and add calcium, cranberry, the douches, and maybe a few other elements. But, I won't be so extreme. So, this is a great idea! I think it really just depends on the person and their personal/physical changes. Not to mention a whole lot of prayers!

GL to everyone!

QueenB

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2011, 09:31 AM
QueenB, welcome!

I do hope you will read over the essays on this site because it may very well be the case that you did everything exactly right when swaying for your DD!! Some evidence points against some of these things. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?3305-The-COMPLETE-Index!!!

CapricornAquarius
August 16th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Im a lazy swayer, this month is my first month of ttc :DS: and pretty much I only did the timing, egg white, which probably came out anyway, my diet hasnt been all that boy friendly, have been taking some of the supps, did dtd on my lunar month & one day before O and on O, im currently 9dpo so Im really hoping to be :pregnant: with a :ttcboy:

DD1 :ballerina: DD2 :giggle:

lobella2
August 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I am also a lazy swayer. I skipped breakfast, avoided certain foods, lowered salt and potassium, took baby aspirin, and drank diet 7up. I also stopped going to the gym and lost a few pounds in a few months but was just maintaining the month I got pregnant. It was a new moon, if that makes any difference. I did not do the timing and dtd every other day, which is boy frequency. We shall see!

LolaInLove
August 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I think I am officially joining you all in the lazy swayers group, LOL! And hi Layla, how are you? I am getting a bit desperate here, and just wanting to get pg, so I think I am just loosely doing diet (I've gained way too much on boy diet for over a year!), supps which are mostly egg and general health, and just dtd every other day.

DoulaMama
August 16th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Wow! There are quite a few of us on this thread! :wave: to everyone! Hi Lola:)

I'm hoping my "sway" resulted in a girl.....although lazy wouldn't be the right word...let's see, I think the word "non-existent" would be a better fit.....:rofl:
I posted my sway if anyone is interested. I won't be finding out til birth so I have a long 8+ months before I know. I'm trying to enjoy every second though as this is more than likely my last baby:( :tissue:
I hope everyone here gets their desired gender- hugs to all and good luck!!

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!

SA77
August 19th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I think I belong here too. I really don't wanna stress too much about this. I feel ultimately whatever is meant to happen will. I mean I'm trying a few things but nothing major. If I get a daughter I'll be over the moon and if I get another son I will also be happy...my son will have a brother. Here's what i have been doing.

Trying to eat lighter in general, pushing breakfast later and eating yogurt at around 10:30 to 11 but I do have a tea in the morning to keep me somewhat full! Trying to eat meat only at dinner which is chicken or fish. At lunch I'll have a veggie
sub or wrap. Also trying to watch sodium and potassium the best I can. I mean i don't eat too much so don't think I'm getting too much! Also taking cranberry pills and folic acid. I'm due to O sometime next weekend so I will start taking some antihistamines. That's all for me

DoulaMama
August 19th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I think I belong here too. I really don't wanna stress too much about this. I feel ultimately whatever is meant to happen will. I mean I'm trying a few things but nothing major. If I get a daughter I'll be over the moon and if I get another son I will also be happy...my son will have a brother. Here's what i have been doing.

Trying to eat lighter in general, pushing breakfast later and eating yogurt at around 10:30 to 11 but I do have a tea in the morning to keep me somewhat full! Trying to eat meat only at dinner which is chicken or fish. At lunch I'll have a veggie
sub or wrap. Also trying to watch sodium and potassium the best I can. I mean i don't eat too much so don't think I'm getting too much! Also taking cranberry pills and folic acid. I'm due to O sometime next weekend so I will start taking some antihistamines. That's all for me

That sounds awesome to me:) Fingers crossed for you Hun! xo

SA77
August 19th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks!! It seems very mild compared to so many other sways! Fingers crossed for you too!! I see you're from Canada! Me too :)

atomic sagebrush
August 20th, 2011, 09:32 AM
That is why I am so thankful and greatful to have the oppportunity to set up this swaying section...not everyone WANTS to do a knock-down, drag-out sway and we can all just do as much or little as we want to do and that is FINE!!! Remember, most people get their DG just by doing nothing any different than just getting pg again. GL and sticky dust to all!!

SweetLily
August 31st, 2011, 12:32 PM
LOL, i love this thread! I totally fit--not doing much of a diet, if anything my diet is BOY not girl (which we want) but I think much of the diet is unhealthy and refuse to do it. and, the ions etc is just too much. I don't understand timing--everyone has a different thought and it all seems to conflict--so my sway will consist of a hot bath for dh before dtd, and a nice tube of acijel!

Is that lazy or what?!!!!

Not ttc for a couple of months yet, still waiting to shed the chemical that is now making me ill....

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
LOL, i love this thread! I totally fit--not doing much of a diet, if anything my diet is BOY not girl (which we want) but I think much of the diet is unhealthy and refuse to do it. and, the ions etc is just too much. I don't understand timing--everyone has a different thought and it all seems to conflict--so my sway will consist of a hot bath for dh before dtd, and a nice tube of acijel!

Not ttc for a couple of months yet, still waiting to shed the chemical that is now making me ill....

Hi and welcome! I did want to let you know that there is a healthier diet option available in the Dream Member section...both the Low Everything diet and the French Gender Diet are much healthier than the traditional sway diet. Good luck!!

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2011, 11:48 AM

Hi and welcome! I did want to let you know that there is a healthier diet option available in the Dream Member section...both the Low Everything diet and the French Gender Diet are much healthier than the traditional sway diet. Good luck!!

melissalynay
September 18th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hi Ladies,

I am new to this board but old when it comes to the desire for a certain gender. I have three healthy beautiful boys, 8, 4, 1 and my husband just told me we can have one more try....Happy Dance!!!! We officially haven't started to TTC but after reading I can pretty much guarantee that the strict diet won't work for us. My DH has agreed to try any swaying efforts need without the scientific ones such as TBM...oh well at least he would try to change his diet. I am gonna try to start losing weight and make my body think its malnourished, do o+12, make sure PH is good, and take supplements. So although this is not a the most strict sway. I think it is the best for us. I do hope this gets me my DD as this is it for sure. Look forward to meeting everyone in our hope to conceive our desired gender.

atomic sagebrush
September 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi and welcome! Let me know if I can help!

PS - I don't think O+12 is a lazy sway at all! O+12 is HARD work!!!

melissalynay
September 18th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks so much. I have read mostly all the info that you have posted on this site and let me say wow....First where do you find the time...Secondly thanks you for all the information in ways that others can easily access it.

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
1) I am crazy.
2)My house is extremely dirty! :p But my older sons are very helpful.
3)I'm a fast typist! ;)

I'm so glad if it was able to help you in some way. I won't be able to keep up this pace forever but I'm trying to get as much on here as I can before I have to cut back in order to homeschool my two younger boys.

mommato5boys
September 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
This would definitely be me! I know I couldn't stick to the diet and we plan on trying in a couple of weeks so not time for it anyway. I am cutting calories and skipping breakfast to lower my blood sugar. I cut out caffeine and trying to lower salt intake. I'm also drinking lots of distilled water with crystal light to help with ph. Unfortunately, the strips I got don't seem to work with my cm. No color change :( We have 5 wonderful boys now and I'd be happy with another but I'd so love to have a little girl and this is my last chance.

atomic sagebrush
September 24th, 2011, 10:25 AM
mommato5, just know that there are options available other than the IG diet. We have the FGD and my Low-Everything Diet available in the Dream Members section and those are both way easier to stick to than the IG-style diet is.

cocos-mum
October 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM
i'm with you i've not started ttc yet but i'm not doing well with my dieting at all. skipping breakfast is proving hard. mad thing is before my dd i used to eat this way without thinking but i can't get back to it.
i'm in the boat of cutting cals and losing weight and skipping breakfast, i have already cut out all caffinee and swapped it for peppermint tea. i only eat white meat now but i can't quit snacking.
i'm not taking vits or doing any douches or anything.
we are just gonna bd lots and hope for the best.

LolaInLove
October 7th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hi and welcome....don't think you aren't swaying the odds with a mild sway, you still are! I am having to drop swaying pretty much because of male factor issues, but I still plan on doing a *few* little things each month when we try, even though it may takes years if we ever get pregnant. So don't feel down on it....lots and lots of women get their dg without doing a darn thing!

cocos-mum
October 7th, 2011, 11:21 AM
thanks hun

grasshopper
December 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I think I fall into this category...I feel like my sway was so lazy it can't even be called a sway. I ONLY did the diet and nothing else...nothing at all. No douches, no ph testing, no supps, no big O before DH, not even the right deep position for boys.

I have no idea how close to ovulation we did BD (even though I was trying to work it out) because CM was almost non-existant, had no ovulation pain, and it had only been 2 cycles since my failed IVF and they were not 100% predictable.

I did what I could with the diet although I probably only got serious about it 3 weeks to a month before we actually fell pregnant so not even sure it had enough time to have any effect.
Increased salt, red meat, fat, ate loads of nuts, vegies, wholegrains and drank more water. Lowered amounts of sugar and wheat products (reduced bad carbs).

So I guess we will find out in a few weeks at the 20 weeks scan if we have our baby boy. Still not sure if we swayed at all really so just hoping we got lucky here as this is our last bub. :(

nini
January 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Just watned to say that I was a lazy swayer with dd, here is what I did:
o+12 (I mainly followed the NZ study that o+12 is based upon, you dtd 36 hours after your first positive opk)
losing weight
upped dairy, left away nonos (salty food, red meat etc).
Accidently did abstinence, didnt know back then it would sway, but ds2 was 7 months old, breastfed and cosleeping.
oh actually, the breastfeeding in itself was a huge swaying factor IMO.
I took some cal and mag and cranberry but not much and not regularly as I was still bf.
I am currently planning my next sway a bit stricter. I think my last sway was still 65-75% in my favour to conceive a girl, hoping to go up to 80% this time. Still doesnt mean I will get that little sister for my dd, but its something...

jazzers
January 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I think I also fall into this category. I find it so hard to be very strict with the diet and all the other things while also chasing around a 1 year old and 2 year old and working....

BABYPINK3
January 23rd, 2012, 09:55 PM
okay, I must say that if you are going to do only one thing to sway- do the DIET!
I did the diet 100% and took the supps, and didnt really focus on timing or douches at all. We did use Sylk for lube and didnt DTD on O day.
Its because I didnt have a Fantastic sway that I feel It has taken me a long long time to believe I'm having a baby girl. But after 4 different ultrasounds I'm finally starting to believe i am having the girl I dreamed of.
So if you think you can only do a few of the sway factors, I highly reccomend sticking to the diet. It is hard at first but once you get used to it it becomes fairly easy.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I agree, diet is the MOST IMPORTANT of anything. I hate to see people get so caught up in stuff that probably doesn't even sway that much but does prevent pg, only to give up on diet.

Messyhair
February 7th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Oh, I am a very lazy swayer. I don't mind if I get a little brother for my boy, so it's not the end of the world if I don't get my pink baby. I just can't stick to any of these diets! I have cut WAY down on caffeine, sugar, and my calories tend to be low anyway. I even started exercising to try to drop some weight. That is a big step for someone as lazy as I am.

I ordered in some RepHresh to try out, and I shall abstain from the big O... oh, I do need to pick up some OPKs this weekend because I'm out. I think that's the extent of my swaying. I have trouble swallowing pills, so I can only take supplements if they're chewable or liquid. :(

LauriAnn
February 16th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hello All!

I'm new and have come to the conclusion that I can only be a lazy pink swayer since if I obsess to much it will stress me out and raise my testosterone. lol

I have one beautiful boy who we did the shettles method for (and prayer, lots of prayer for my baby boy) and unknowingly was doing the boy diet and charting for day of O and had tons of EWCM and lots of O's

Now I would love a girl, but I wouldnt mind a baby brother for my little one either so either way We'll be thrilled.

I guess I have been on a LE diet for about a year now unintentionally since I find I gain weight so much easier now after I had my boy. I'm adding saw palmetto. Eating more dairy. Plan to drink benefiber which contains aspartame until O. We dont eat red meat, and I usually only eat meat once a day if at all. I chart.

I'm still trying to figure out which way to go as far as timing and frequency.

Wow now that I wrote it all out it doesnt see so lazy after all. lol

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2012, 12:09 PM
As long as you feel lazy about it, that's all that matters!! :)

Messyhair
February 17th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Just a side note.. is it only in Canada that everything containing aspartame also contains acesulfame-potassium? I'm spelling that from memory, so don't mind me if it's wrong. It seems like every time I try to get more aspartame in me, I have to get more potassium, too!

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM
That's not potassium. Acesulfame-potassium (or acesulfame-K as it's sometimes called) is an artificial sweetener that sways pink. chemically, it has potassium in it but the potassium is so bonded with the other components that it is not usable by your body in any way. It just passes straight on thru whole and intact, without being digested.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/2038-sweetening-up-your-sway-pink-blue.html it's often included with aspartame because they taste better, together. Yogurt especially almost always has them both.

Also, regarding potassium, please be aware that you NEED some potassium for survival anyway. You MUST eat 2500-3500 mg potassium every day (and this is the same amount on the French Gender Diet and on InGender as well) for your health or you risk death - as in, feel fine one moment and drop dead of a heart arrhythmia the next. Potassium is vital for the normal electrical functioning of your heart. Do not under any circumstances attempt to cut out potassium completely and in fact many swayers must make an extra effort to get enough potassium.

Blue swayers eat more potassium than that, so do not worry about how this level of potassium can affect your sway.

Ribbons
February 18th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Ok, I am definitely a lazy swayer! I am sticking with the French Gender Diet, which I know I know atomic, it's not as good as the LE diet, but this is the only way I will stick with it! I am paleo/primal so my diet is so boy it's not even funny - so we'll see how my body responds to the change! I am definitely cutting out substantial calories (now in the 1600 range - I was in the 2000+ range before), eating way less meat (and VERY little red meat, also a big change for me), sticking to the principles of the FGD as far as limits/amounts and will try to watch the fat as much as possible. I also upped the rice (I don't eat grains so this is a HUGE challenge) so that I am consuming fewer calories from fat and more from carbs, ugh :) Taking CalMag, folic, zinc and Vitex AF-O, no exercise. And I'm not worrying about pH, timing, ions or any of the other stuff one iota! Hope to get preg within the first two months of trying (we start in April)... if I end up with a boy, oh well, at least I gave it the best shot I could! I just want three and will be happy no matter what!

:3kids:

genieinabottle1
March 29th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Joining you ladies. I am nursing so can't be too hard-core about anything. On top of it, i only weigh 98-99lbs so can't be losing too much, if any, weight. In the past, I don't even ovulate if I don't weigh 102ish, but I am going to try to not gain weight this time and see if I ovulate. Yep, haven't had PPAF yet at 17.5 months but I started the diet. The big things for me, no breakfast. I used to eat a huge cereal breakfast as soon as I awake. i have been doing this as long as I remember. We eat meat at every lunch and dinner, and I cut that out. Trying to go vegetarian except for occasional fish. I am drinking Red Raspberry leaf tea in the am with aspartame for breakfast. I am restricting sodium but not sure if it's under 1 gram. I am not restricting potassium too much but I am on potassium because of high blood pressure meds I take. I have cut the tabs down half and hope that I am fine. I have Calcium Citrate with Mag supplements but only taking 600 mg a day so far. I am eating more yogurt because I don't know what else to eat with this diet! I am not creative. I have a rock salt lamp that I leave on a night only. Sounds like I am doing a lot but not 100% for sure. I still snack which I know you're not supposed to do, and at night I am eating sweets like ice cream and chocolate. So not really keeping my sugar that low the rest of the day, but calories are lower and the vegetarian diet is a huge change for me.

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Hi genie -

I just wanted to stress VERY strongly that for your health, it is IMPERATIVE that you continue to take your potassium in the amount your doctors recommend. You can DIE from not getting enough potassium and some blood pressure meds (as you know) make you excrete large amounts of potassium and sometimes taking cal-mag can mess with your potassium levels even more. PLEASE return to taking your normal dose of potassium right away.

I do not believe potassium even sways anyway. The limit of potassium for TTC a girl on the FGD/IGD is 3500 mg and the cutoff for TTC a boy on the FGD/IGD is 4000mg That is the difference between a bowl of strawberries a day. It makes NO sense to me whatsoever that your body would 'decide' to have a girl or a boy on the basis of a single bowl of strawberries!!

I just conceived a baby girl and I too have to take supplemental potassium due to blood pressure and heart arrhythmia so I was 100% for sure getting ample potassium.

Mommasita
April 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Lazy swayer over here too! I am taking the supplements (cranberry, vitamin c, b6, folic acid, acidophilus, vitex, calcium/magnesium, and baby asprin) religiously. I have been taking them for about five months now. I limit sodium and potassium, but I do have pizza once a week, and once a week I have a tomato sauce. I have been bad about cardio, but I am trying to step that up. I drink decaf coffee, and I use a lot I'd artificial sweetener.

When I got pregnant with DD I thought I was swaying hard, but really I wasn't. I did the cranberry, calcium/magnesium supplements, but that was it. I restricted sodium, but I wasn't as diligent with it. I cut out caffeine, and I didn't exercise at all. We ended up Bding the day before and the day after ovulation.

I am hoping it works this time too! I would love to five DD a sister! But if it doesn't, we would love a boy too. My DS is so much fun, I could see myself with another boy too.

Ribbons
April 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I eat all the potassium no-nos almost every day! Lots of tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, spaghetti squash... The diet is so much easier to stick to when you don't worry about potassium. I eat a lot of veggies every day and even then still find it hard to go over 3500mg without milk and meat, so don't worry about it! :)

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Lazy swayer over here too! I am taking the supplements (cranberry, vitamin c, b6, folic acid, acidophilus, vitex, calcium/magnesium, and baby asprin) religiously. I have been taking them for about five months now. I limit sodium and potassium, but I do have pizza once a week, and once a week I have a tomato sauce. I have been bad about cardio, but I am trying to step that up. I drink decaf coffee, and I use a lot I'd artificial sweetener.

When I got pregnant with DD I thought I was swaying hard, but really I wasn't. I did the cranberry, calcium/magnesium supplements, but that was it. I restricted sodium, but I wasn't as diligent with it. I cut out caffeine, and I didn't exercise at all. We ended up Bding the day before and the day after ovulation.

I am hoping it works this time too! I would love to five DD a sister! But if it doesn't, we would love a boy too. My DS is so much fun, I could see myself with another boy too.

Hi and welcome Mommasita! I have a couple essays you might want to read - there is a case to be made against some of the traditional swaying supplements - they have def. worked for some people (and I'm glad to see they worked for you!!!) but many of us are refugees from failed sways and have been taking closer looks at some of the sway advice that's just been taken for granted for many years.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html (this is a three part essay, with links in the first essay to the other two. Has the case against calcium swaying and also a bit about sodium as well. We've been getting equally good results if not a bit better, without taking the cal-mag and I just conceived a baby girl on a low calcium diet after 4 sons and one failed sway!!)

Here is the essay aobut cran vs. baby aspirin. Cranberry is pretty rough on the body and there are safer options. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

I don't have an essay about this but I was taking 100 mg B6 in my failed sway and one of the major swaying companies (sells diet and supp packages) dropped B6 from their supps because they thought it was contributing to opposites. Since you didn't take it the last time and had a girl, I suggest dropping that. We also tend to avoid Vit. C because nutrients may sway pink when taken by women, and also because Vit. C may increase CM. (more about Vit. C in the cranberry essay above.)

:agree: with folic, acidophilus, vitex, and baby aspirin. You might want to look into pep tea or saw palmetto and you can find those here:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7108-saw-palmetto-peppermint-tea-licorice-root-depth-how.html

Also, you may know this already but it's generally advised to give yourself a break from supps/diet at the 6 month mark to help restore your body's proper electrolyte balance.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I agree with AS about the potassium. It is very hard to meet the minimum potassium limit, especially if we are eating 2 meals a day and we are not downing all that milk and dairy like the ig diet. I had to incorporate some banana in my diet and I was researching veggies and zuchinni has a good amount of potassium in it too. I dare to say I even make a lot of tomatoe sauces with sodium free dice tomatoes, mushrooms, and zuchinni. I swear my chest aches when I don't get enough potassium. Please please make sure you are getting enough potassium.

:agree: Once you realize what low potassium does to you, it becomes pretty easy to notice when you're not getting enough!

Mommasita
April 7th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hi and welcome Mommasita! I have a couple essays you might want to read - there is a case to be made against some of the traditional swaying supplements - they have def. worked for some people (and I'm glad to see they worked for you!!!) but many of us are refugees from failed sways and have been taking closer looks at some of the sway advice that's just been taken for granted for many years.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html (this is a three part essay, with links in the first essay to the other two. Has the case against calcium swaying and also a bit about sodium as well. We've been getting equally good results if not a bit better, without taking the cal-mag and I just conceived a baby girl on a low calcium diet after 4 sons and one failed sway!!)

Here is the essay aobut cran vs. baby aspirin. Cranberry is pretty rough on the body and there are safer options. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

I don't have an essay about this but I was taking 100 mg B6 in my failed sway and one of the major swaying companies (sells diet and supp packages) dropped B6 from their supps because they thought it was contributing to opposites. Since you didn't take it the last time and had a girl, I suggest dropping that. We also tend to avoid Vit. C because nutrients may sway pink when taken by women, and also because Vit. C may increase CM. (more about Vit. C in the cranberry essay above.)

:agree: with folic, acidophilus, vitex, and baby aspirin. You might want to look into pep tea or saw palmetto and you can find those here:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7108-saw-palmetto-peppermint-tea-licorice-root-depth-how.html

Also, you may know this already but it's generally advised to give yourself a break from supps/diet at the 6 month mark to help restore your body's proper electrolyte balance.

Thank you for the feedback! I am still nursing my DD (18 months), so I don't feel comfortable taking the Saw Palmetto. I had been drinking the peppermint tea, but stopped when I ran out. I will get back on that! And funny you mention the B6 - I just read about that in one of the forums yesterday so I stopped taking it this morning.

So my next question - is it too late to make these changes when DH and I are planning on TTC this month (I should be ovulating in about 2 weeks)?

Is it really that terrible to take the Baby Asprin and Cranberry together?

And finally, would I benefit from using Replens as well?

Thank you for all of your advice!

fish2012
June 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
does anyone else find thier temp doesn't do anything like it 'should do' thinking of giving up temping as it doesn't seem to actually relate to my cycle at all!
am i doing something wrong?

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Yes, I have a HORRIBLE time with temping because I am a bad sleeper and I sleep with my mouth open, and I never see any pattern whatsoever. I have a very regular cycle, just that my temps don't seem to show any pattern at all.

What you may want to try is temping at NIGHT (at the same time every night, make sure you haven't brushed your teeth recently or eaten/drunk anything) and not in the morning. It's not considered as reliable, but for those of us who don't get good morning temps, it may help. Remember tho, you can't compare your morning temps to your evening ones, you have to keep the two sets of temps totally separate and compare them only to themselves (hope that makes sense)

bigchrista
June 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Loving this thread! I can see me fitting right in. As i cant do the "strict" girl diet. My body just wont't let me. I am cutting down on my snacking and taking out meat as much as I can. My hubby is the one who does all the cooking and believes we must eat meat with every meal. With that said, i have decided not to eat meat at lunch and eat a minimal at dinner time. Praying for pink :)

fish2012
June 8th, 2012, 05:20 PM
ah thanks atomic glad its not just me! i'm regular too but better to judge by cm and opks rather than temp - will try eve and see if that's better x

fish2012
June 8th, 2012, 05:21 PM
ps bigchrista i just ate some chocolate don't tell anyone ;-0

Praying4Pink
June 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Alright! I found a home!! I probably shouldn't admit it so early but the hard core swaying really scares me. I am one of those detail oriented people and I KNOW a hard sway would just stress me too much and raise my testosterone. In other words self sabotage! On a personal note I am just a little like Atomic only my reasons aren't related to age so much. It's just that with my son we did the whole fertility treatment thing so too many BFNs would probably put me in freak out mode! I would love love love a girl but I do believe it is all in Gods hands in the end. Why stress?

Praying4Pink
June 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Oh btw does anyone know if running is a better firm of cardio w/I having to worry about testosterone build up?

HappyMedium
June 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Okay.....so Atomic after reading some of your posts I laughed...lose muscle??? OMG I am soooo flabby now I cannot stand it. I dont eat protein anymore...maybe a bite here and there and I don't eat my proteins and carbs together either...for 3 months now...ugh. OH wait..I did cheat a couple times on AF but nothing horrendous. I take my supps too so I am hoping my weight loss and loss of muscle is girly.

Praying4Pink
June 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
So here is a weird thing that happened to me. I decided to try the rephresh for our practice bd attempt and it seems to work very well. pH was between 4 and 4.5 after BD. But...the whole shedding epithelial thing is so weird and I don't know if the "discharge" I am getting is from the leftover rephresh or if my good ole body decided to O super early this go round. I am feeling a little pinchy down in my ovary region. So long story short...I will be breaking out the OPK's early to make sure I don't miss my chance. Go figure!

bigchrista
June 12th, 2012, 01:24 PM
praying4pink- I made a cake yesterday for the fam to enjoy. I made the frosting from scratch ;-) and licked the bowl. haha i'm so guilty of cheating too. So have you seen any pos on the opks??

I'm nursing my 16 month old and my goodness things are dry. I just had my first PPAF I'll have to watch my fertility signs for O-ing hoping it happens sooner rather than later...this diet stuff is tough.

nursing
folic acid
Vit C,
coffee 1/2 cup in the AM,
no eating until 11am,
Crystal light to get me through the no eating snacks :(
bd through O and no big O

what's your plan?

Praying4Pink
June 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hey Christa! That sounds sooo delish! I went to SAMS last night with hubby and he wanted pizza...That is my weakness.

Actually, I had a very close positive yesterday...I think. I was going to post a pic of it but I wasn't sure of the rules since I am so new. We DTD last night just to be sure. Even though I am swaying for girl we have past sperm issues so I am following Deanna's SME plan. Currently I am doing the following...

Folic Acid
Vit C
Cal-Mag
Acidophilus
Cranberry
AM fasting
Crystal Light
Veggies/Fruit
BD EOD until +OPK then 1 attempt on + and 1 the day after

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
ps bigchrista i just ate some chocolate don't tell anyone ;-0

White and milk chocolate are allowed on LE Diet.

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Oh btw does anyone know if running is a better firm of cardio w/I having to worry about testosterone build up?

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1411-exercise-enigma-both-genders.html Have you read this one yet?? It should answer your qu's.

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
So here is a weird thing that happened to me. I decided to try the rephresh for our practice bd attempt and it seems to work very well. pH was between 4 and 4.5 after BD. But...the whole shedding epithelial thing is so weird and I don't know if the "discharge" I am getting is from the leftover rephresh or if my good ole body decided to O super early this go round. I am feeling a little pinchy down in my ovary region. So long story short...I will be breaking out the OPK's early to make sure I don't miss my chance. Go figure!

Jellies, diet, and supps can disrupt/alter CM patterns, that's why i do like you guys to have the OPK on hand just in case! Good luck!!!

Praying4Pink
June 12th, 2012, 05:27 PM
And sure enough AS...I got a definite positive on my OPK today at 2:30pm. I am going to take another one tonight just to be sure and then again tomorrow at 2:30pm. I know it could be a false surge but yesterday it wasn't as dark as the control line but it was SUPER close. I think if I get another positive tomorrow then I definitely am O'ing. The jelly is just messing me up big time b/c I can't use my CM as a predictor and I don't temp or use CP. I will KUP!

fish2012
June 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
not in that quanity ;-0 oppps
ps atomic do yoyu recomend not dark thats what i would usually have but guess its to good for you?

White and milk chocolate are allowed on LE Diet.

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Dark choc is too high in antioxidants and may sway blue.

bigchrista
June 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I need a snackers support group. lol

how are those OPKs coming?

Praying4Pink
June 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hey Christa! I LOVE some dark chocolate, lol. I resisted the urge this month (Yah!)

OPK's are coming along good. Strong +'s on Tuesday and Wednesday and - today so....hopefully I O'd or will be soon! I still have EWCM which I thought dries up after you O. Maybe we should squeeze one attempt in? How is everything coming along with you? Oh yeah...I can probably stop my supplements now since O has indeed been confirmed right?

atomic sagebrush
June 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Yes, stop vitex, SP and antihistamine, everything else should be continued.

For future reference you should actually stop V and SP the day before you expect O because they can delay O if you don't, and then antihistamines should be stopped before O (unless you have a ton of EWCM and are doing one attempt on O day only) because the egg and the fertilized egg both need ample fluids to keep them alive and well and enable them to make it into the uterus to implant safely.

HappyMedium
June 16th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Not on any supps anymore...nothing. Just not eating red meat, potatoes or tomatoes...body got messed up from the dieting. lol...just trying to get pregnant at this point.

bigchrista
June 17th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I found rephreash and replens at my local walgreens today. I almost bought it but I wasn't sure which way is better? I know there is an article on it...i just need to read it again. lol I am gearing up to O as my CP is changing and i'm getting more creamy Cm. My diet is going okay, its so much easier for me to follow when my hubby isn't around. He always brings me something to eat or snack on (I weigh 100). Its so hard to say no. HAHA I have been good on way less salt, no potatoes for me, bananas. I'm trying to cut back on my 16month old's nursing habbits, I got him down to 2 nursing sessions a day and as needed at night, which seems to be getting less and less.

praying4- how many dpo are you?

Happymedium- I understand about the supps. I quit taking mine as well. I'm like you and cutting the salt, potatoes and red meat as that was my diet when I had my boys. how long have you been TTC your girl?

Butterfly Spirit
June 17th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I found rephreash and replens at my local walgreens today. I almost bought it but I wasn't sure which way is better? I know there is an article on it...

RepHresh is better! :) That is what I used to conceive my last two pregnancies. I used it with Sylk. So I used it 8 hours before BD and then SYLK during BD.

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2012, 08:41 PM
RepHresh is better.

bigchrista
June 18th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks ladies :) I'm gonna try and get some tonight :)

4 blues~hopingforpink~
June 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Ok... I think I'm falling in to this catergory as well. Not cuz I wanna be a lazy Sawyer, but just cuz the diet is really hard to follow when you have 3 other people to feed. I did so well when my DH was away, but now he's back and he wants to eat his normal foods which is mostly Mexican.

What I have been doing is skipping breakfast, never really been a breakfast person anyways so that don't hurt. I usually don't eat until I get hungry which is early mid-late afternoon and sometimes I don't even eat until dinner. I have been sticking to my one cup of coffee in the mornings with one packet of equal and I drink nothing but diet and CL. I can't even drink regular soda anymore, it taste weird now that I'm used to diet... Lol.

Supps I've been taking Vitex and Folic Acid, haven't taken any SP yet due to not knowing exactly what month were gna actually actively start ttc. I've been using rephresh every 3 days and I take baby aspirin when I can remember and when we dtd and I know we are making an attempt I will most likely do the lime douche or lime tampon.

Timing is gna be a problem cuz I really don't know when I ovulate and don't really wanna stress out over the opks and I definitely will not be checking ph. To LAZY for that... Although I will say I think whatever I am doing is working quite well down there cuz I did not see any EWCM or very lil this cycle and I should have ovulated already due to AF starting on the 3rd of this month.

So as u can see my sway isn't going to be strict in anyway... More at my own pace and what I'm comfortable with. I admire the girls that stick to it and do everything and anything, but I just can't do it. I think It's more stressful worrying about what and if Your doing the sway to the T then to just do what u can and change things up a bit.

I'm hoping and praying that after 4 boys God will see that I deserve the ONE lil girl that I'm asking and been longing for. But at the end it will be his decision on who he thinks should join our family and I will be happy with whoever he gives me. Goodluck to everyone and I hope you guys get Your DG.

Praying4Pink
June 18th, 2012, 01:49 PM
praying4- how many dpo are you?

Christa I am 4 or 5 DPO today depending on if I O'd the day after my first + OPK or second. I have to tell you that I am feeling very crampy today like I was when I was pregnant with my first. Hoping my mind isn't playing tricks on me, lol. And I agree that RePhresh is better just because it keeps everything balanced so you don't have to worry about putting it in as much.

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2012, 01:58 PM
4blueshoping, just so you know, you can't do lime douche or lime tampon with RepHresh because RepHresh is designed to keep pH in a narrow range, so it will actually RAISE the pH of lime douche/tampon.

I got my DD with a very laid back sway - it can happen.

4 blues~hopingforpink~
June 18th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Ok Thanks Atomic... I'll stick with rephresh then. Or what do u think would have better odds? I just saw that a couple girls that had successful sways used both.

4 blues~hopingforpink~
June 18th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Bump

bigchrista
June 19th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Ugh...I'm such goof! I went to walmart to see if they carried RePHresh sure enoughh they had both...I was distracted with my 16 month old and put the wrong box in my basket...I wanted REphresh and got Replens instead and didn't realize it until I got home. gonna have to run back out and get what I wanted.
My Cp is fertile but my CM is so creamy/sticky and my okp was neg. Darn nursing!!!

For lunch today...6 in turkey on flat bread...oh how I killed my "diet" today...lol

praying4- I'll be watching for updates :)

4blues-I'm right there you are picking the right "lube" I think rePHresh is better because it's purpose to maintain the ph at 4.5

Praying4Pink
June 19th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Christa I did the same thing...only with the baby aspirin. I was so distracted with all of the vitamins and such that I picked up the wrong dose. So I just did the cranberry instead.

That turkey flat sounds delish! I have been killing my diet from the start. I was just on a super strict diet for 4 months and I just can't hang with all the diet stuff. I did do a lot of veggies, low protein but I didn't stick to anything specific. I was actually on the Fat Smash Diet when I conceived my son so I probably need to do the opposite to get a girl :shrug:

So question...I have a wedding this weekend and I don't want to get all depressed but obviously wedding = drinking. I can't tell my friend I am not drinking because she will question me about it and I won't know for sure if I am pregnant until next Thursday. If I test this Friday it will be 9DPO. I think that is way too early but what to do? Maybe just do it for S&G's?

bigchrista
June 19th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Go ahead and test on Friday..just to see :) As far as the drinking goes...if the test is neg go ahead and have a social drink or 2. I hope this is your month :D

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Bump

Is this a general bump or did I forget to answer something??:p

Praying4Pink
June 19th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Go ahead and test on Friday..just to see :) As far as the drinking goes...if the test is neg go ahead and have a social drink or 2. I hope this is your month :D

Yep Christa that sounds like a plan to me! I will be sure to let u ladies know ASAP! Maybe even post some hpts for u to evaluate?

bigchrista
June 20th, 2012, 04:08 PM
yes, yes. post the hpts for us to look at.

what's up with Vitex?? I'm considering it only b/c I'm nursing and I don't like not knowing when O is coming. V sways girl right? is it safe while nursing? anyone? atomic?? :)

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2012, 04:00 PM

what's up with Vitex?? I'm considering it only b/c I'm nursing and I don't like not knowing when O is coming. V sways girl right? is it safe while nursing? anyone? atomic?? :)

Vitex sways pink but nothing is 100% of course. I believe it to be totally safe while nursing and I actually took it twice while I was nursing.

Butterfly Spirit
June 23rd, 2012, 04:14 PM

I tried for 10 months to conceive on my own, but I have a super nurser, and finally decided to try it! I took Vitex while BFing and conceived both cycles. Nothing changed in my baby at all. I read somewhere that docs tell women to take it to increase milk supply. I took Vitex this last cycle as well, and I conceived. I think it's good stuff!

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
I agree with Butterfly, I saw no change in either of my kids - either physically or personality.

bigchrista
June 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much! Can i just start taking it or do i have to wait for AF?

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I think it's best to wait for AF, but that's up to you.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 24th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Since we're on vitex again, I have one more thing to ask. My last af was Sept 14, 2010. It was my first af after nursing my dd. I stopped bf and it came about 3 weeks later. My af before that was probably in Nov or Dec of 2008. I've conceived 3 times when my babies were just over a year and weaned for only a month or so. So af has only been here 3 of 4 times since 2008. Not sure when I should start taking vitex since I don't really know where my cycles were. Any thoughts?

Callmecrazy
June 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I belong here! I am lazy also because I have so many other people in the house to feed. My diet is much lower in red meat then it was when I conceived my boys. I'm skipping breakfast and taking cranberry and Zyrtec. I always take acidophilus. Picking up some rephresh later this week.
I'm going to do what I can with timing and positioning but basically leave the rest up to God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Go off the last one. It may not be perfect but at least it gives you something to aim at.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Thank you very much Atomic!!!

bigchrista
June 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM
how are we doing ladies??

I'm on CD 26 and am finally O-ing yay! yesterday my opk was getting darker and today the test line showed up way before the control. I really wish o-ing wasn't so painful. The cramps and backache kill me. We did the deed 3 nights in a row skipped last night because we were both so tired and fell asleep waiting on the baby to fall asleep. Now I'm trying to decide if we should bd tonight. hmmmm

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM
When in doubt, BD.

bigchrista
June 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
thanks atomic :) we did :)

genieinabottle1
July 2nd, 2012, 12:50 AM
Hi, Are you asking when in the cycle you can take them? Usually AF - O and then you can taper off in the 2 WW and stop if you get a BFP. I took it to conceive my 2nd DS and I took it through the 2 WW and then tapered it off after my BFP. I have been taking Vitex for months now to get AF back since I still nurse my son, though just once a day. I finally got PPAF back yesterday at 20.75 months!

Since we're on vitex again, I have one more thing to ask. My last af was Sept 14, 2010. It was my first af after nursing my dd. I stopped bf and it came about 3 weeks later. My af before that was probably in Nov or Dec of 2008. I've conceived 3 times when my babies were just over a year and weaned for only a month or so. So af has only been here 3 of 4 times since 2008. Not sure when I should start taking vitex since I don't really know where my cycles were. Any thoughts?

strawbell
July 2nd, 2012, 07:08 AM
I'm now a lazy swayer, been doing the diet since last august, have tried every supplement going and now really can't be bothered with most of it. I just want to be pregnant!

Annita2003
July 7th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I'm a pretty lazy swayer swaying for blue right now. But I would like to add that I had quite an opposite lifestyle, just like blue when I had my girl in 2005. I recently added some weight that time and used to have loads of red meat and bananas. the only thing that I had was a very relaxed attitude having just finished a exam. So I'm pretty confused how to plan my blue sway....

atomic sagebrush
July 7th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Annita, most people get both boys and girls without ever giving it a moment's thought! sending you all my blue dust!

Annita2003
July 8th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Thanks atomic. The only thing I am focusing is probably the diet though may be not even the half of it. I don't know about the LE diet, But I am trying to eat more boy foods throughout the day, though I don't count the calories.

Annita2003
July 8th, 2012, 03:44 AM
I would like to add my eating habits and take suggestions from all:

Supplements: Folic acid, vit c, EPO, vit e, and during the 2ww I stop the EPO and add Vit B containing B6

I eat a lot during the whole day because I am always hungry so please don't mind my bothering you with so much food:)

7 am: A big bowl of rolled oats with 1 banana, dried pineapples, dates and almonds with full cream milk. and green tea with lemon

10 am: 1 cucumber and boiled egg salad. and green tea with lemon
1 pm: a cup of red lentil soup(heard it boosts testosterone) and a bowl of veggies and a protein( usually salmon or tilapia)
3 pm: a banana and a bowl of pineapple (yes I love them)
5 pm: peanut butter and whole grain toasts with green tea.
7 pm: beef stew with beef balls and loads of veggies like tomatoes, zucchinis and other seasonal ones as I like them fresh.
10 pm: yes! I again eat! i eat a cup of rice with spicy beef curry..

Please any suggestions and ADDitions are very very welcome...

Ohh I forgot to add the 1 coconut water and lemon water which I drink throughout the day...

atomic sagebrush
July 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks atomic. The only thing I am focusing is probably the diet though may be not even the half of it. I don't know about the LE diet, But I am trying to eat more boy foods throughout the day, though I don't count the calories.

For blue swayers, it's the HE (High Everything) Diet - LE is for pink swayers so that should help clear up some confusion. You should be aiming to eat more calories than you were when you conceived your daughter(s) but you don't have to stuff yourself, 2000-2500 cals is what works for most people. Also, try to get 90 g of protein and 9 servings of fruit and vegetables a day. Eat protein and carbs at every meal and snack.

Your diet looks quite good! Great job. it's a good idea to use iodized salt rather than sea salt in cooking becasue many brands of sea salt have no iodine.

With the supps, first of all how much folic acid?? Take at least 2000 mcg broken up into several doses and taken throughout the day because that's how your body absorbs it best.

I would rather see you take a good multivitamin rather than the C, E, and B separately. It should have some iron (18 mg) and 8-15 mg zinc in it as well.

I would also suggest that you take a fish oil supplement throughout your cycle in addition to taking the EPO AF-O only. So take fish oil every day of the month and then EPO AF-O only.

Never start and stop B vitamins. Take them throughout the entire month, that's safer for your body and also how they work the best anyway. If you are taking the B6 for your luteal phase, take it all month long. It needs to build up so your body can use it.

Annita2003
July 9th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Thanks a lot AS, I would quickly make the changes and let you know.....

Peachy
July 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hi, I think I probably fit in here too! I'm following the diet, not to a t but not doing too bad. I'm naturally very slim so not noticing weight loss and have no scales but reckon I must be cos I'm eating so much less than I used too. And so differently than I did with my boys. I'm not checking ph levels, or using rephresh, no ions, I am taking folic acid. I think I'm going to do very frequent bd, prob right thru o but not sure.
Where I am confused is this. I normally have plenty of ewcm, for a few days before o. Do I really need to take antihistamine to sway pink. Will I be very dry then? And then will ky etc make it harder to get pregnant? Any advice very welcome!

bigchrista
July 11th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hi peachy and welcome!!

I'm like you and naturally slim so losing weight is a tough one. THe idea with antihistamine is to dry up the fertile Cm making it yes, more difficult to concieve. Apparently more girls are concieved in "less fertile" surroundings. KY does help sway pink If I remember correctly. YOu can use one with spermacide but I personally wouldn't. I just started using RePHreash, I have to say, I LOVE it. I love that it balances me out. I have noticed an over all improvement of things down there. WHen TTC pink it can take longer to conceive because the things we do takes away fertility

Peachy
July 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks bigchristy! It's my first month ttc with a sway but I'm impatient! I don't mind taking an antihistamine, think I'll wait and see if my cm has changed with the diet and if I still have loads I'll take one and see what happens. Have decided I won't look up anything else so I'm going to relax about everything for the next wk. not going to bother with opks this time either. It's a very chilled out sway for me, except for the starvation and the craving for all my boy foods! Good luck to you too!

Boymomsrock
July 12th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I am so glad there's a lazy swayer group! Lol! I'm new here and we are gettingbready to ttc I'm still unsure of my approach I should take. I just turned 35, I have 3 boys, one being a set of twins. The twins are the youngest at almost 6. This is my second marriage, as I lost my dh a few years ago. This dh is 40 but has testosterone levels of a 25 year old. We are all aout sex every day but I'm worried I won't get pregnant that way! I can't afford to lose weight really so I'm kind of confused as to what to do. I used to have tons of ewcf back when ttc the boys but it's very scant, and my ph is running about 4-4.5 but now tha I'm reading I'm learning that may not matter. Ugh...so confusing! I've already cut back a lot on salt which is so so hard for me and eating more dairy (yogurt) which is also hard. I was going to do o+12 but now it seems that's not the way to go either. After reading the drinking thread I think I'm gonna throw back some vodka and get after it!

I am so glad there are others trying not to stress as much. I just wanna cut back on some things and check my ph and no O. Isntha enough? Thanks for being lazy like me! ;)

bigchrista
July 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
First, WELCOME!! I think you are doing very good! Because you are "older" that sways pink too. you have an advantage there. Our PH changes a bit during our cycles the most important is to know what our PH is during ovulation, it usually rises to make things "swimmer" friendly :)

Peachy
July 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hi boymomsrock! What I'm doing re diet is I've had no red meat, no salt and I've upped my dairy intake. I've cut my calories right down and skipping breakfast. I'm drinking diet coke and waiting til I'm hungry to eat my meals. Basically the exact opposite to my usual diet. I'm really hoping not to be on it long! It feels so unhealthy. It's hard to know what's enough and I guess the truth is what's enough for one may not be for the next. Anyway, best of luck!

Boymomsrock
July 12th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hi peachy! I'm doing pretty much the same thing and skipping breakfast except I won't drink that stuff. It does feel unhealthy! Good luck to all of us! It's hard to know what to pick and choose.

Boymomsrock
July 12th, 2012, 01:34 PM
What did everyone have for lunch today? I'm just starting this so I'm trying to figure it out. I had some Fage yogurt with strawberries and I made a cous cows salad with cucumbers and green beans. Exciting huh? :/

Peachy
July 12th, 2012, 04:41 PM
For the first time in my life im calorie counting! Today I'd a bowl of strawberries, a diet yogurt, and a rice cake! Not alot but filled the gap!

genieinabottle1
July 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
If it makes any of you feel good for what you are doing, I am probably more lazy than most of you! I am trying to eat mostly differently than I did with my 2 boys. I have been doing this since April waiting for my first PPAF, so it was getting old. I do eat breakfast, just a cup of nonfat yogurt with fruit. I generally am avoiding meat which is very different from what I used to. And I am actually doing less Calcium because with the boys I ate a ton. Wishing pink for everyone!

bigchrista
July 13th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I like this what are you eating topic, I cheated today and had spaghetti and meatballs for lunch and hamburger for Dinner. AF is here. I need my iron, I start to feel really bad when it gets low during AF. I've done good with no snacking and no breakfast

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Hi, I think I probably fit in here too! I'm following the diet, not to a t but not doing too bad. I'm naturally very slim so not noticing weight loss and have no scales but reckon I must be cos I'm eating so much less than I used too. And so differently than I did with my boys. I'm not checking ph levels, or using rephresh, no ions, I am taking folic acid. I think I'm going to do very frequent bd, prob right thru o but not sure.
Where I am confused is this. I normally have plenty of ewcm, for a few days before o. Do I really need to take antihistamine to sway pink. Will I be very dry then? And then will ky etc make it harder to get pregnant? Any advice very welcome!

You don't NEED to take an antihistamine. I didn't and I also had some EWCM. I think I was drier with DS 4 than i was when I conceived DD. There is a luck element involved too of course. It's your call to make.

KY jelly does indeed reduce odds of conception, all lubes do except Preseed and Conceive plus which sway blue.

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 12:22 PM
If it makes any of you feel good for what you are doing, I am probably more lazy than most of you! I am trying to eat mostly differently than I did with my 2 boys. I have been doing this since April waiting for my first PPAF, so it was getting old. I do eat breakfast, just a cup of nonfat yogurt with fruit. I generally am avoiding meat which is very different from what I used to. And I am actually doing less Calcium because with the boys I ate a ton. Wishing pink for everyone!

Genie, that was me to a T! I ate and drank TONS of dairy with all my boys (as did my husband, we usually go thru a gallon of milk a day for ourselves and our older two boys) and with DS 4 I was also taking gobs of cal and mag supps! Then I got DD with both DH and I eating the absolute least amount of dairy ever and taking NO cal-mag supps.

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I like this what are you eating topic, I cheated today and had spaghetti and meatballs for lunch and hamburger for Dinner. AF is here. I need my iron, I start to feel really bad when it gets low during AF. I've done good with no snacking and no breakfast

Remember, you do have the option of taking an iron supp rather than doing the red meat, because there is protein, fat, B12, and all sorts of jazz that may sway blue in meat!!

Boymomsrock
July 14th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Well I cheated today. I was so shaky and knew dh wasn't gonna be in town for my o time anyway, so I ate two small pieces of pizza. And now I'm drinking a beer. One day won't kill me right?! I'm already eating a LoT different than I normally do which I think is key. Although I feel like m starving! Guess I need to figure out some stuff to eat or just clock what I'm eating better. Sigh.

Peachy
July 15th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks atomic, I'll see how much ewcm I have and decide from there. I'm on cd10 now, excited about trying, hoping to get pregnant anyway and if it's a girl it'd be amazing but I'll be so happy with another little boy too.
My diet took a hit this wknd too, I'd 2 nights out- so alcohol involved, and I'd to eat out too. Back on track now.
Atomic, if u see this I've 2 qs- I was on vit b12 supplements with my 2 boys- do you think that may have swayed blue?
And I'll be taking a 3 hour flight right around or after ov. Will this affect things do you think?
Thanks

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Well I cheated today. I was so shaky and knew dh wasn't gonna be in town for my o time anyway, so I ate two small pieces of pizza. And now I'm drinking a beer. One day won't kill me right?! I'm already eating a LoT different than I normally do which I think is key. Although I feel like m starving! Guess I need to figure out some stuff to eat or just clock what I'm eating better. Sigh.

Pizza is not a cheat!! Many of us had pizza regularly on the LE Diet (and beer as well!) It's the overall diet you follow, lower cal, lower protein, lower fat, lower nutrients, and possibly lower sodium, that sway, not any one food.

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks atomic, I'll see how much ewcm I have and decide from there. I'm on cd10 now, excited about trying, hoping to get pregnant anyway and if it's a girl it'd be amazing but I'll be so happy with another little boy too.
My diet took a hit this wknd too, I'd 2 nights out- so alcohol involved, and I'd to eat out too. Back on track now.
Atomic, if u see this I've 2 qs- I was on vit b12 supplements with my 2 boys- do you think that may have swayed blue?
And I'll be taking a 3 hour flight right around or after ov. Will this affect things do you think?
Thanks

Here's a funny thread where we talked about alcohol and swaying. I think alcohol in moderation doesn't sway and in excess prob. sways pink. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/6285-heavy-drinker-being-drunk-during-conception-sways-pink.html The only time I was ever drinking more than socially was when I conceived DD.

I do think B12 supps sway blue and when I was back on InGender, a lot of people took them because they were told it swayed pink and almost all of them got sway opposites. That having been said, if you have a true B12 deficiency and need the B12 for your health, please continue taking them.

I do not think flying sways at all whatsoever, except for people like stewardesses and pilots who are exposed to the radiation from flying every day for years.

Peachy
July 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks a mill atomic. I haven't needed the b12 since my last pregnancy so its another difference for this time ttc. Must read that alcohol link now! I'm trying to cut back as much as poss but I enjoy a drink. But then I would have been drinking quite alot socially when my 2 boys were conceived so trying to do opposite everything this time!

Boymomsrock
July 16th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Hopefully bd 3x in 12hours with him fr everyday is gonna sway pink for us! Fingers crossed!

Typical_Jules
July 16th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Do you mind if I join in here, no where really for me to go, I think.I guess I'm a very lazy swayer..the only thing I'm doing is losing calories, not for swaying but to lose weight..so if losing weight sways girl? Then I'm in :C:
I could pick up some lazy sway ideas :)

atomic sagebrush
July 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Of course! Tons of people have gotten girls doing nothing any more than dropping a few lbs.

sixhappysons
July 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Just to give all you lazy swayers some hope, I'm expecting my first DD after 7 sons with no conscious swaying on my part. DH took a few supps but stopped well before our attempt.

There were a few different factors that I'll explain but it can happen with minimal effort.

DH- "sorting himself out" 1-2 times a day but not so frequent in the weeks pre attempt. Also eating liquorice root like sweeties and took strong cranberry tablets every day. As I said though, he stopped taking both a few weeks pre attempt.

Me- I lost about 5lb in weight a few weeks before out attempt. We was on holiday in Spain and eating 3 regular healthy meals a day helped me to lose weight, lol. I'm obviously much more of a snacker than I realise. :S

US- I was using opks but never got a +. I wasn't actually ttc (not trying, not preventing) but got randy one afternoon and dragged DH off for a middle of the day quickie. This is our only baby conceived doggy (sorry if tmi).

And thats it. Lazy swaying if you call it that.

Good luck girls. I hope you all get your :babyf: in the end.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
I'm a lazy swayer. Cycle day 4 of my 1st ppaf. I am trying to lose about 5 lbs, taking Vitex af to o and one Zyrtex the night before or morning of my attempt later on that evening. I may also do another attempt 48 hours after + opk for $hits and giggles. Atomic, I got a personalized plan and you suggested 1 attempt at + opk. Can I do more than 1?

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Absolutely! But just be aware that an attempt 48 hours after OPK has very low odds of success and you should stop any antihistamine, vitex BEFORE O - don't keep taking it because you're going to have another attempt, you will wreck your first attempt (with good odds of pg) for an attempt that has very low chances.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 24th, 2012, 08:18 AM
So if I make an attempt at + opk when should I take Zyrtec? I plan on dtd that evening. I don't want to take it too close and blow my shot.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 24th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Btw, how are you feeling? I see you have less than 3 weeks left. You and your family must be so excited. Great time of year to have a baby.

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2012, 12:26 PM
So if I make an attempt at + opk when should I take Zyrtec? I plan on dtd that evening. I don't want to take it too close and blow my shot.

Take it 6 hours before your attempt or even a bit longer (10-12 hours). The Zyrtec is weird in that it takes a good 6 hours to really get rolling and then works for 24 hours after that. Don't take anything after pos OPK day.

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Btw, how are you feeling? I see you have less than 3 weeks left. You and your family must be so excited. Great time of year to have a baby.

Oh thanks! I feel pretty good, things are weird around here right now because my FIL is really sick and my son left yesterday to move in with them and help so lots of activity going on and also I'm sad because my son isn't going to be here! So my attention was kind of divided for a couple weeks here and I really ahve to buckle down and finish getting ready for this baby!!

genieinabottle1
July 25th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I have been taking Loratidine/Claritin everyday of the cycle because I do have allergies so killing the bird with one stone. How many days before O should I stop this? I actually think my OPK will turn positive real soon and having O pains. I definitely notice less EWCM at this point in my cycle than usual, but I still have some that I notice when wiping.

Absolutely! But just be aware that an attempt 48 hours after OPK has very low odds of success and you should stop any antihistamine, vitex BEFORE O - don't keep taking it because you're going to have another attempt, you will wreck your first attempt (with good odds of pg) for an attempt that has very low chances.

atomic sagebrush
July 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Well, if you're used to the antihistamine and you need them to get along, you have more leeway to continue them post-O than other people do, that is as long as you attempt before O and allow the sperm plenty of time to get to the egg. It you're going to attempt after O, it is best to take at least 1-2 days off. I'd stop them at pos. OPK and resume them as far afterwards as you can - if you can make it 3 days, ok 5 even better, 7-10 is best because most eggs will be implanted by then.

bigchrista
July 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I can't stick to the diet :/ I suck at it. I love broccli and mashed potatoes and salsa...haha. I think the only thing good I can do to sway girl is CL, reducing my red meat intake, I don't add salt to any of my meals anymore. Oh and of course rephresh. Still waiting to O. Looks like it will be another 5 or 6 days.

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Christa, you can have broccoli, potatoes, and salsa on the LE Diet. I ate potatoes 4 times a week!!

bigchrista
July 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Really!?! Oh nice! So I don't have to feel guilty anymore. Lol

weeziewoozles
July 27th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I don't think you can do a lazy sway. All you can do is your best.

bigchrista
July 29th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I think I screwd up :/ just a blarring pos on an opk. I'm a bit early. We bd last night this morning I put in a full applicator. Of rephresh. Thinking I was getting things ready for ovulation in 4 or 5 days. Oh well. Only time will tell.

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Well, if you DTD last night and put in RepHresh this morning, any sperm was long gone by this morning anyway. And that's plenty of time if you want to attempt tonight! REally, it's perfect.

bigchrista
July 29th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Really?!? Omg! You are so awesome!!

bigchrista
August 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I'm 7dpo! Woohoo! Where are all of our lazy swayers at?

Mum23boys
August 7th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Hi I think im going to be a lazy swayer too when the time comes as I just cant seem to stick to teh diet as DH does the evening cooking and its not very girl friendly. ive never been a big eater so actually eating 2-3 meals a day is making me put on weight not loose it but I have gone from grazing all day on junk to eating 2 solid big meals which is a big differnce for me so my blood sugars are definately lowering so thats good plus im going to take supps which i hope will do the trick.

bigchrista
August 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Mom23boys, sounds like me too! My hubby doea all the cooking and its boy friendly too. Lots of read meat,Whole fats, I've found. That not eating the meat that night b/c I want "feeling it" has helped, and reducing my salt intake. I used to eat a ton of salt and now, everything is too salty. Lol

bigchrista
August 10th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Well at 10 dpo I got a super faint second line and this morning at 11dpo my temp jumped up so I think this is the start of something beautiful. I have a history of early losses so I'm not jjumping up and down just yet, still have a lot of hurtles to get over. I'm not super confident in my sway and my hubby this morning not knowing I was swaying behind the scenes said to me " you know this is another boy" I kept a brave face but wanted to tell him off...lol

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Congrats Christa!!

cvd
August 23rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
great post :)

Shakti
September 17th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I think I'm finding myself falling into the category of lazy swayers. This will be our first child, we're probably going to stop at 2 (we're both in our 30s), and I know that I'm much more likely to be devastated if I never have a daughter than if I never have a son for various reasons. So my husband thinks we should try and sway pink for our first. Though the more I think about it, the more I REALLY want both, and I also think I'd be devastated if I never have a son.

So the sway that I'm doing is pretty easy. I'm already vegan, so my plan for the diet is to cut out salty foods, keep my calories below 2000 per day, stop snacking, skip breakfast (though I normally have just a smoothie for breakfast anyway, so this won't be hard), and follow the principles of LE and FGD as much as I can. Also helps that strawberries are one of my favorite foods!

For exercise, I have a daily Ashtanga Mysore yoga practice, that's important to me, and I'm adding lots of cardio to it as well. Whatever the baby happens to be, the cardio is definitely helping my yoga practice!!

When it comes to sex, right now my husband and I normally have sex 3-4 times per week, and we're going to challenge ourselves to have sex every day from the end of AF to O. It seems like it's a good idea to bombard my egg with sperm as much as possible anyway. :-)

I may use Rephresh, haven't decided yet.

And that's it, we're starting with TTC this coming March, so that should give us plenty of time to be sure that this sway is something we want to do. We were talking about it at breakfast, and seeing as we've known which girls' name we want to use since we've met, it seems kind of weird to think that we'll have to wait a while to use it or that we'll never get a chance to use it.

So if we do, I'm thinking a lightweight pink sway for our firstborn. For our secondborn who will also likely be our last, we'll be swaying a lot harder and for the opposite of what our firstborn is.

bigchrista
September 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I had a missed m/c at 8weeks, I had my d&c almost 2 weeks ago. I asked for thr chromosome testing as this was my 5 loss. So I'm back here with the lazy swayers. ;)

atomic sagebrush
September 25th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry Christa!!! Nice to see you again but I wish it was better circumstances :heart:

babydust
September 30th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hi girls! Really enjoyed reading through this thread and think I will join you! :). Got my BFP from
My August sway an also decided to do a "lazy sway". I didn't want to get all
Caught up in the swaycession again so decided
To sway only 2 weeks before the attempt ( officially decided only
1 week before). For me, it helped a Lot to keep
Stress low.

What worries me is that I might have dtd
Right on O. And we only dtd once Dh released in the morning, we did an extremely shallow attempt right after, and then dtd that night Me on top, deep release, did j and d and sem right away. So we might have dtd a few hours before or the hour of O!! But I took 1/2 benedril 30 min before and after attempt and used rephreshnand baby aspirin. So hope that helped my
Cause. Haha.

I do think I had a better sway than with my DD even
Did way more the morning of attempt with jelly's and supps. Plus stress
Was lower. Not as good on diet this time but overall I think my
Diet was girl friendly and I did lose some weight.

I'm a perfectionist but I'm so glad I didn't try and perfect my
Sway this time around. I feel good about my testosterone levels at least. And who knows, I could
Have even dtd the day before O

Could you have achey feelings in ovaries day after O?? I had these on Sunday ( we dtd Sat night) and did have once batch of thick Ewcm Sunday afternoon. Then Monday started the crampy feelings. Had no O pains on Saturday ( day of
Attempt). Sooo I think it's more likely that I O'ed on Sunday with very little Ewcm. It was thick
And creamy, TMI! Haha. Had a fair amount of Ewcm
On Sat but ph was still 5.0.

Anyhoo, wanted to wish u all luck!! You can check out my full LAZY SWAY in the "swayed for
A girl section" if u want. Plus my FF chart is in my
Siggie.

Xoxo

babydust
September 30th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Oh and I'm just reading this now. So sorry to hear about ur loss christa :(. ((hugs))

bigchrista
October 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I think your sway looks great!!! Yes you can have pains the day after O. It has something to do with the fluids after the egg bursts that can cause the pain.

I found out today that my girl sway worked! My genetic testing from my d&c showed she had a balanced translocation the same as the little boy that we lost in 2009. After 4 boys (5 counting my loss from 2009) I finally got a girl, she may be an angel in heaven but she still counts).

I plan on swaying again using the same techinque.

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for sharing that extremely personal info, Christa. I'm so sorry you lost her.

If you don't mind, what did you do with diet? Would you mind if I added your little angel to our stats??

babydust
October 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Oh gosh, christa, I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs)). Thank you for sharing your story and journey with us. Xoxo

bigchrista
October 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Atomic-yes you can add that to the stats :)

I skipped breakfast, for lunch I would eat half of a cheese sandwich, or taco with corn tortillas with little meat, no avacado, and a touch of salsa. For dinner I ate a lot of baked chicken, didn't eat the skin, some flavored boxed rice (only ate a few bites just to taste). If I snacked it would be on grapes (red), strawberries, or orange sherbert push ups pops that had aspertame. I drank one water bottle daily of crystal light.

I honeslty think the biggest sway factor for me was cutting WAY back on my salt intake. I would always add salt to everything, sandwiches, spaghetti, veggies. While swaying I didnt add salt to anything. I think the aspertame aslo worked well with lowering my ph and keeping it low.

atomic sagebrush
October 6th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Did you take the cal-mag? Sorry for asking so many q's.

bigchrista
October 8th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Now worries on all the questions. No, I didn't take any addtional supp. All I took was 800mcg of folic acid.

atomic sagebrush
October 12th, 2012, 10:24 AM
thank you!!

My Three Sons
October 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Hi there. I am a lazy swayer, so I guess this is a good spot for me. :) I can't stick to the diet, but figured I'd try to reduce overall caleries, drink tons of CL, chart, use rephresh, time... I hope that's enough. If not and we have another boy, my youngest will have an excellent playmate! I know this is the last one though and told DH he can get his V as soon as this one is born. ;)

babydust
October 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM
That's a great attitude to have! And the lower stress will sway for you big time

Vanz2010
October 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Nice thread! I'm planning a 'gentle sway' as I'm no good at the diet!

babydust
October 31st, 2012, 12:54 PM
That sounds great!! I honestly feel that the lazy, low stress approach does a lot to sway in and of itself. A great way to lower testosterone levels. Plus if you add a bit of diet in and do a somewhat strict sway during your actual attempt ( repHresh, antihistamines, BA) I think you have a great shot at conceiving a girl. Same for a boy but with other supps of course. Also, not getting bogged down with timing is key. I don't think it sways. So just dtd when you get a positive opk. I think frequency of bd sways ( abstinence or frequent). :)

bigchrista
November 12th, 2012, 02:40 PM
anyone out there in Lazy sway land??? lol

Im about 2 weeks away from my O date and I'm sucking at the diet. I'm supposed to be on a cheese sandwich diet for lunch and then a good dinner. My gosh!! My hubby cooked my fav dish last night (cooked down roma tomatoes, egg plant, mozzerella cheese and pasta MMmmm) and I had it again today for lunch..DOH! I have got to get serious on this. lol

okay tomorrow I'm back to cheese sandwiches lol

strawberrymom
November 14th, 2012, 08:44 PM
OMG bigchrista- just reading your fav meal made me start drooling. This girl diet sucks. Hopefully it will be a BFP this month so I can try it out!

atomic sagebrush
November 14th, 2012, 10:07 PM
OMG bigchrista- just reading your fav meal made me start drooling. This girl diet sucks. Hopefully it will be a BFP this month so I can try it out!

Hey that dish is totally fine on LE Diet!!

bigchrista
November 15th, 2012, 09:44 AM
really?? I woulda thought the cheese and pasta woulda killed it. lol good know :) thanks!!

strawberrymom-yep the diet sucks, I know now why I have so many boys. haha

atomic sagebrush
November 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
as long as you watch your portion size, it's all good.

tamtam907
November 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I think I'm a lazy swayer, I'm cutting calories but not being too strict about the diet and adding in cardio - I was planning on doing that to lose weight anyway so the idea that it can help me sway girl is just extra motivation! Aside from that I'm going to do rephresh and a cut-off (and hubby agreed to frequent release, didn't take much convincing lol). Hoping it works but if I have another boy, then I was just meant to be a mom to 4 wonderful boys :)

babydust
November 17th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Well girls, my lazy sway worked!! Swayed girl and having a girl :). I think ( and have always thought, even before o knew the gender) that my relaxed sway and low stress helped with my T levels to a huge extent. I still did a lot to sway, impo, but I didn't do it to the point of stressing and getting all crazy about it ( which would have happened if I did a stricter attempt).

Sweet mummy
November 23rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Congrats babydust! Hope I hear pink when my turn comes! :)

babydust
November 23rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Aw, thank you sweet mummy! :)

bigchrista
November 25th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Wish me luck ladies!! I just got positive OPK. Not exactly the bd pattern I wanted but today is cd23 for me I was so tired of BD we took a break last night. I put in some rephresh earlier and will be ready for tonight ;-) Thank GOD too! I dropped down from 100lbs to 98/99. I plan on sticking with low sugar but will add a bit more calories to my meals. praying for a healthy sticky beautiful girl

bigchrista
November 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM
O pains suck!

6boysneedasis
November 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone, thought I'd join this thread since I'm really struggling with the diet but still trying to stick to it loosely plus other bits & bobs but trying not to stress about it all. Looking forward to getting to know you all xxx

bigchrista
November 26th, 2012, 06:30 PM
welcome fellow lazy swayer. Its not very active at all here, glad to see you join us/me. lol

6boysneedasis
November 28th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hi Big Christa, it's kind of nice when it's quiet, sometimes theres too many people to keep up with!! How are you doing? What kind of thing are you doing to lazy sway? xx

babydust
November 29th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hi and welcome! :)

Pangea
November 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I probably belong in this thread. I'm not doing the LE diet. I tried it in the summer but couldn't do it for health reasons. I'm doing a vegetarian version of the French diet instead. I can't lose any weight because I'm already underweight.
I'm pretty much not doing anything else to sway, So it's going to be a very light sway.

I think that when I was TTC my boys I inadvertently swayed blue, my diet was boy friendly and I was doing everything I could to increase fertility, using preseed and taking loads of fertility boosting supplements. So I'm hoping that by not doing that stuff this time it will make a difference.

bigchrista
November 30th, 2012, 10:09 AM
6boys- That is tru, the big groups are some times hard to keep up with, especially if its an active group. I'm very lose on the girl diet. I still eat meats, but ive cut back. Insead of having a meat for lunch I'll eat something meatless. I stopped adding salt to my foods. I'm doing rephresh and crystal light with FR. Im in my 2ww right now and am trying to put some weight back on so If this cycle is a bust I'll have some room to lose a pound.

pangea- Welcome!! After doing a lot of reading I think I was "swaying" blue with my 4 boys. feel free to post. It gets pretty lonely over here.

6boysneedasis
November 30th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hi babydust, hi Pangea!!

Bigchrista - I'm currently on 2nd month ttc pink and it hit me really hard when I got a BFN last month that I've relaxed things quite a lot this time. I know, patience isn't my strong point but saw palmetto is helping with the short fuse!!

This time I am taking saw palmetto, vitex, baby aspirin, folic acid and loosely flowing LE diet ( cut back on everything & lost 6 pounds) no breakfast ever, no rephresh this month but still doing FR til +opk.

Think I could be more strict with diet but its just chocolate :-(

Hope everyone of us gets our lazy baby's very soon xxx

My Three Sons
November 30th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I am still lazy. Sometimes I think it's because deep down I feel like I won't get my DG anyway, so why torture myself with the full on diet...

I am taking baby aspirin, drinking CL and diet coke, no breakfast 90% of the time, eating less meat, but still eating some and lost about 4 or 5 pounds. I also take folic acid. I stopped using Rephresh this cycle as I need to get preggo sooner so I stopped all of that type thing. I laid there after dtd instead of J&D. I hate that we can't do FR, but DH just can't, so we are probably pushing more boy on that aspect. I have also been battling a cold/sick for the past almost 2 weeks.... I'll be glad once I am preggo so I can start my obsession over what the sex is instead of getting pregnant.

atomic sagebrush
December 2nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
my three sons, I got my girl wihotu doing FR! Perfect boy frequency.

rainbowflower
December 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
I am still lazy. Sometimes I think it's because deep down I feel like I won't get my DG anyway, so why torture myself with the full on diet...

I am taking baby aspirin, drinking CL and diet coke, no breakfast 90% of the time, eating less meat, but still eating some and lost about 4 or 5 pounds. I also take folic acid. I stopped using Rephresh this cycle as I need to get preggo sooner so I stopped all of that type thing. I laid there after dtd instead of J&D. I hate that we can't do FR, but DH just can't, so we are probably pushing more boy on that aspect. I have also been battling a cold/sick for the past almost 2 weeks.... I'll be glad once I am preggo so I can start my obsession over what the sex is instead of getting pregnant.
from what I remember from the studies, those men with naturally low sperm counts only have a small % more daughters anyway. It's a statistically significant percentage but still a small one. I wouldn't feel too bad about dropping that if it gets you pregnant.

My Three Sons
December 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Well today, DH informs me that he knows why I haven't gotten pregnant yet.... I still nurse my 18 month old 1x every other morning or so.... I told him that doesn't matter, that whle BF can decrease the chances of pregnancy, that plenty have got their BFP while nursing much more often than me. I don't think I nurse enought to affect my ovulation, plus I have been getting a thermal shift each month. He read one thing online and now he thinks he is an expert....

Violet_
December 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Yes, breastfeeding affects different people differently. I got pregnant and I'm still nursing my son who is now 17 months. Although he bit me so hard, the other night that I had to use an ice pack. It hurt so much and my breasts are so sensitive from early pregnancy. Let's just say his days are numbered, I'm cutting back his feeds. And slowly weaning him. He was feeding a lot still when i got pregnant.

If you are getting regular cycles and are getting a thermal shift you should be ovulating. Have you tried opks just to back up what you suspect?

rainbowflower
December 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
agree breastfeeding can affect people/fertility differently:
prevent ovulation
delayed ovulation
luteal phase defect (it affected me this way)
less/more hostile CM

but in general it doesn't have to prevent you getting pregnant and if #1 and#3 are normal you shouldn't have any major issues. It certainly shouldn't prevent a fertilised egg implanting or risk an early pregnancy

I got my BFP whilst still BF twice a day

My Three Sons
December 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
I have been getting positive OPKs, seeing a thermal shift and only BF once every couple of days or so. I thought my last cycle was short but then going back through my FF charts, that has happened in years past without BF. I usually O on CD 11 or 12 and have a luteal phase of anywhere between 11 to 13 days or so. My previous BFPs took a few months too, so I think that it just takes me a few months to get preggo. Although DH doesn't remember that, but I have my FF charts still... I do have quite a bit of EWCM each month and it's about PH 4.5 - 5.5 consistently. I didn't do rephresh this cycle just in case....

bigchrista
December 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM
6boysneeds- On the chocolate- we can have milk chocolate, Ithink the key to it is not eating it all day (snacking) but if you need a little pick me up after lunch before dinner. I think its okay

my3sons- no worries on the timing issues. THose "old theories" have been dubunked. I'm still nursing my 21 month old. He nurses an average of twice a day. Once for nap and again at bed time. As long as you are ovulating and have a LP longer than 10 days,. I think you are good.

Im 9dpo. In all honesty I hope this isn't my month. I had so many diet cheats its not even funny! I think the only thing that I did to sway is CL, rephresh, and losing 3 or 4 lbs, I lost so much weight (went from 100 lbs to 97) that I had stop the swaying diet in the 2ww. I hope to put on enough weight that once AF is gone I can start with the diet again and lose a only a pound or two.

bigchrista
December 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/BigChrista/IMAG1662.jpg

The top is 9dpo the bottom is 10dpo.

well this may be it for me. I'll have to call my doc on Monday and ask for a progestrone supp if they continue to get darker

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Yay! Congrats!!!!

bigchrista
December 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I just tested and the line is still "iffy" I'm still gonna go out and buy more tests today, but at this point I'm not getting my hopes up.

edited to add: I tested with a 2.5 hr hold with my morning coffe and a few drinks of water. maybe it was diluted but still not getting my hopes up just yet.

Butterfly Spirit
December 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Well as of now "A line is a line" -AS
And you are pregnant! :) But I will wait to formally congratulate you

bigchrista
December 8th, 2012, 10:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/BigChrista/IMAG1678.jpg

okay I'm convinced now. Just hoping and praying for a healthy pink bundle. I had a horrible sway when it came to my eating. :/ Oh well.

6boysneedasis
December 9th, 2012, 06:44 AM
yaaay Big Christa, congratulations!!! So pleased for you!! I'm praying for a pink bundle for you xxxxx

Pangea
December 9th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Congratulations bigchrista!! I hope this is your girl!!

atomic sagebrush
December 11th, 2012, 11:10 AM
:fx: Christa!!!

Butterfly Spirit
December 11th, 2012, 04:46 PM

:running:
YAY, Christa.. definite BFP!!!
Happy & Healthy 9 Months! :pregnant:

bigchrista
December 13th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks ladies!! I started spotting tues. started my progestrone yesterday. I had betas drawn yesterday and will have my repete on Monday. The lab slip for monday says "stat" so I'm hoping to get those results mid day monday.

Praying4Pink
December 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Praying for you Christa! Healthy sticky pink bean! Keep us posted. And for what it's worth my lines stayed pretty light for a few days before I noticed a change. Things are going good so you will be fine hunnie! Congrats!!

bigchrista
January 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
just wanted to come here and say I'm 7weeks and still going. My first appt is set for tomorrow where I will be getting an u/s to check for a HB. prayer and fingers crossed.

bigchrista
January 2nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
**update** My appt didn't go as I'd hoped it would. U/s showed a tiny body measuring 6wks 1day. one week behind my calculations (using ff opks and sketchy temps) My Ob was using the little u/s machine that rolls around from room to room. We could see the body but couldn't detect a HB. I go back next week to hopfully see a growing baby with a beating heart.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
:pray: for good news Christa.

bigchrista
January 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks ladies for your support. I had loss #6 and d&c number 5 last week.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Do you plan on trying again? And have the docs said anything about all of your losses?

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Oh I'm so sorry Christa. :( Thinking of you.

bigchrista
February 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks ladies!! Not sure about our ttc future. As far as my multipul losses. I have a genetic translocation. So my chances are higher for having miscarriages. My doc suggested ivf, with 4 boys and the cost associated with that; its just not in the cards. If I didn't have any children or maybe just one child I might of went that way. At this point, I'm just going on faith.

I did have a dream a few weeks ago though, I had an u/s at what looked like 10 weeks. The baby was just wiggling around, as I was telling my hubby about the dream he said and it was a boy wasn't it?!! Lol and sure enough in my dream it was a boy. Lol

harleyquinn
February 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
HI big christa, I too have had several losses, including my 5th boy in October, so I can relate ((hugs))

Its funny you say that about the dream, because I had one too which does inspire me to keep trying. In my dream, there is a new-fangled ultrasound machine, which can beam the baby out to you...so you can "hold" the image of your baby and see what it looks like etc. Its such a cool machine :) But in my dream I see my baby and he is a boy, and he has little freckles..like I can see and remember where his freckles are and its such a good feeling holding him and I love THAT baby and wish he would just get here already! Good luck xx

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Hi ladies, I'm going to unsticky this thread, if you keep using it regularly it will stay at the top of the rotation! Sorry, I know it's less convenient but it's too confusing for people with all the stickies we have going on.