PDA

View Full Version : What if you know you have low progesterone....

tryingforthree
June 2nd, 2013, 06:04 PM
I am hoping atomic sagebrush or someone can help me!

I just started LE Diet in preparation for trying for baby #3 at the end of August.

I have read through much of the material here (awesome!!) and it seems like boosting progesterone is important for conceiving a girl. This is concerning to me because I know I have low progesterone, I have had to take prescription progesterone for the first 12 weeks of both of my previous pregnancies due to low levels.

Does this mean I have very little chance of conceiving a daughter? Should I go on the mini-pill for a month or two, would that help?

I appreciate any input!
Thanks in advance.

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Actually that is just one theory out of many others and I personally don't even believe it to be true. We have had MANY girl moms on here with chronically low prog, and many boy moms on here with fine prog and normal cycles. I've never had a short LP in my life and have 4 boys.

You have every chance in the world of conceiving a daughter. Coming off the BCP can help a pink sway but not because of anything having to do with progesterone, it's because they are bad for the crypts that produce CM and less CM seems to sway pink.

tryingforthree
June 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Okay! Thank you SO much atomic. I was starting to feel like we had no chance at a daughter so this is really encouraging to hear.