PDA

View Full Version : Is HT for me?

Alyssasmom789
June 3rd, 2013, 09:16 PM
We have 2 amazing little girls and possibly pregnant with another. We would want to go HT next summer and I would be 28/29 yrs old and dh would be 31. We are soooo desperate for a boy. Last time we tried we completely changed our diet, took vitamins and still may have conceived a girl. The one thing that worries me is that maybe dh doesn't have xy or my eggs will not except his xy and that's why we are not having a boy.....which leads me to the panic I'm in now thinking after all that money for ivf pgd we just won't have any boys. Is that possible?! I'm so scared.

BabyGirl4Me
June 4th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I am no HT expert but wanted to post my support for you Alyssasmom. I was in your shoes at this time last year and wondering if HT would be a viable option for us. There are lots of tough questions to ask and you have to be completely honest with yourself. It's not an easy place to be, but luckily we have this site which is full of good info about HT and lots of great women who have "been there, done that, bought the t-shirt" who are here to help!

To answer some of your questions, there have been many sperm studies and the studies find that men generally make 50/50 XX/XY sperm. I have no doubt your DH produces XY sperm! Unfortunately there is an element of luck when ttc natuarly or swaying. I've seen some really killer sways fail, and then there are those who don't sway at all and end up with their DG without trying. It's weird...and unfortunate. I really wish everyone could get their DG without any effort. :(

If *MY* eggs accepted XX sperm, yours can accept XY. Trust me, I thought by the profile I was the poster child for "boy mom" with my diet/lifestyle/initial career path/etc and I conceived a DD this time around. I truly feel like I beat the odds with my DD. It absolutely *CAN* happen for you too - and guess what? I believe it will! I don't really "know" you but I believe you are going to be another success story! Maybe HT is the right road for your and your family? Maybe it isn't? But regardless I have faith that you will have the son you dream of someday. Don't give up!!

I want to wish you the best of luck in conceiving your sweet little prince. If you want to go back and read my early blog entries when I was weighing HT please feel free to do so. I have no doubt that you will come to the best decision for you and your family. Best of luck and sending you all the boy mom blue dust you can handle. :luck: :HH:

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
It is NOT possible for DH to only make X sperm. It is a biological impossibility.

I have seen a woman with 8 daughters conceive 2 sons!!! And a woman with 7 sons conceive a daughter. Both without swaying. I do not believe that your eggs can only accept one gender sperm, there is just no evidence of that. You have a great chance of HT success, just as good as anyone!!

Alyssasmom789
June 4th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I am no HT expert but wanted to post my support for you Alyssasmom. I was in your shoes at this time last year and wondering if HT would be a viable option for us. There are lots of tough questions to ask and you have to be completely honest with yourself. It's not an easy place to be, but luckily we have this site which is full of good info about HT and lots of great women who have "been there, done that, bought the t-shirt" who are here to help!

To answer some of your questions, there have been many sperm studies and the studies find that men generally make 50/50 XX/XY sperm. I have no doubt your DH produces XY sperm! Unfortunately there is an element of luck when ttc natuarly or swaying. I've seen some really killer sways fail, and then there are those who don't sway at all and end up with their DG without trying. It's weird...and unfortunate. I really wish everyone could get their DG without any effort. :(

If *MY* eggs accepted XX sperm, yours can accept XY. Trust me, I thought by the profile I was the poster child for "boy mom" with my diet/lifestyle/initial career path/etc and I conceived a DD this time around. I truly feel like I beat the odds with my DD. It absolutely *CAN* happen for you too - and guess what? I believe it will! I don't really "know" you but I believe you are going to be another success story! Maybe HT is the right road for your and your family? Maybe it isn't? But regardless I have faith that you will have the son you dream of someday. Don't give up!!

I want to wish you the best of luck in conceiving your sweet little prince. If you want to go back and read my early blog entries when I was weighing HT please feel free to do so. I have no doubt that you will come to the best decision for you and your family. Best of luck and sending you all the boy mom blue dust you can handle. :luck: :HH:

I am so desperate to hear those three words....it's a boy! My heart is so heavy and burdened you have no idea. I wish I can just enjoy being pregnant. It hurts a lot. I feel like I let Dh down, and both sides grandparents. Your post made me cry. This is especially hard for me because I am a woman of faith that loves God and I just can't see why He won't answer me. I'm 24 weeks almost and haven't had gender determined by my dr yet. I had paid for a private scan when I was 15-16 weeks and Dh is praying for a miracle....I guess we are in denial. It's especially hard this week because close family and friends have their GD baby born and here we are for the third time. It's o hard! Congrads on your girl!!! God bless her.

Alyssasmom789
June 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
It is NOT possible for DH to only make X sperm. It is a biological impossibility.

I have seen a woman with 8 daughters conceive 2 sons!!! And a woman with 7 sons conceive a daughter. Both without swaying. I do not believe that your eggs can only accept one gender sperm, there is just no evidence of that. You have a great chance of HT success, just as good as anyone!!

Atomic, your are def one person that has done so much for me! I know I tried my best. There were soooo many opposite things this time around. I even got bfp only 11 days after dtd!!! And 2 weeks before even missing AF. I am not 100% about going HT it's so expensive and it'll be hard for us to pay for :( the only thing I know for sure that both Dh and I agree on is not stopping until we get our boy. Sometimes I think I want a boy more than him! He's so faithful and hopeful....I'm not. I'm hurt and broken. I wish I would have never paid someone $50 to ruin my day in a matter of 10 mins. She was so sure it's a girl and I just can't believe it (could very well be denial :( we will see what the future and God has planned for us. I pray a miracle happens and if not it was just meant to be. I grew up with all brothers and no sisters (Dh has 3 of each) so with dd2 I didn't take it so hard because I knew dd1 would have something I never did....a sister.....but now I want them to have a brother so bad. At church dd1 always asks for a brother because there's a few newborn boys and she actually prays for one!!!! I'm clinging to God and hoping something happens soon.

BabyGirl4Me
June 5th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Alyssasmom, my heart goes out to you. I suffered extreme GD when I found out DS was a boy. I cried and cried, and had no idea how I'd ever be a good mother to a little boy. Believe me, it was a very dark and sad time in my life. I know GD, and I relate to the heavy heart and pain you feel now. I didn't enjoy my pregnancy last time around and spent most of this one so far worried and scared and contemplating what to do if my sway failed. I wouldn't wish GD upon anyone.

You asked a really deep question when you asked why God won't answer your prayers. I don't know the answer to that, but we also don't know for sure that God hasn't answered, or maybe God is waiting to answer them at a time that will work out to be better for everyone? God works in very mysterious ways. There were so many times in my life where I've questioned why God did things a certain way. Looking back, I can see why for lots of those things now, but at the time I was lost and afraid and angry.

One of the reasons why I want to name my daughter Elizabeth is because the name means "God's Promise." No matter what happens to us in life, or what we do, God always loves us and will never ever leave us, no matter what. It's true. Please try to take comfort in that.

We've really deviated off of the HT topic in this thread and have moved a bit more toward religion. Sorry about that, but these are all things that are good to think about as you continue to contemplate what your next move will be and whether or not it will involve HT, and to what extent.

I will keep praying for you and your family. We're all here for your support. *big hugs*

Emily
June 5th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I really hope you do have a DS in there. I know nothing about HT but just wanted to chime in about the economics. HT is not as expensive as paying for a child's clothes, food, holidays etc etc for a lifetime. If you really are serious about trying until you get blue then HT might be right for you.

GD is horrible, and can ruin a pregnancy for us and risk early bonding with the baby. We all know about it in here, and many of us have had it so bad. I really feel for you. Big hugs.