PDA

View Full Version : RePhresh question... and pH after BD!

rainbowflower
April 30th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Has anyone tested RePhresh when DTD to see how it reacts?

I know some say the pH raises after DTD... but this raises 2 questions for me:
1- how much more does the pH rise after a BD compared to having not used RePhresh at all after a BD?
2- how do you know you're not recovering a sample of swimmers and getting the pH of those when testing after DTD?

And why is the suggestion to use just half an applicator when the product says to use a full applicator to keep it at a pH of 4-4.5 for 3 days? perhaps using half an applicator would keep it at a different pH or would mean it wouldn't last as long?

purplepoet20
April 30th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I only mixed repleans with hubbies sample and it did raise it about 1 point in less then a minute but I didn't continue testing because decided at that time to not use it we DTD.

I am going to test rephresh on hubby when he comes back from camping.

rainbowflower
May 1st, 2011, 04:39 AM
good luck for your experiments - I look forwards to seeing how you get on!

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Has anyone tested RePhresh when DTD to see how it reacts?

I know some say the pH raises after DTD... but this raises 2 questions for me:
1- how much more does the pH rise after a BD compared to having not used RePhresh at all after a BD?
2- how do you know you're not recovering a sample of swimmers and getting the pH of those when testing after DTD?

And why is the suggestion to use just half an applicator when the product says to use a full applicator to keep it at a pH of 4-4.5 for 3 days? perhaps using half an applicator would keep it at a different pH or would mean it wouldn't last as long?

RepHresh should LOWER pH after DTD because it reacts with everything to change the pH to 4-5.

pH really can rise quite dramatically after DTD. Yes, it is partially the pH of the swimmers but that makes no difference to the sperm.

The reason I say to use 1/2 applicator is because using more might kill off too many sperm and keep you from getting pregnant. It will still work to lower pH but it won't dilute the semen/CM as much (the sperm NEED semen and CM to swim through, so if it's all diluted with mystery jelly the sperm are just gonna get all caught in it and die)

rainbowflower
May 3rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
that's what I thought, so really you should just relax after using rephresh after it's in... and let it do whatever it needs to, as regardless it's a better option than doing nothing

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 02:11 PM
That's what I think - it's for sure better than doing nothing and it's so much less stress than the constant checking and rechecking pH.