PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I feel like he is still here.

sbowman
June 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM
It's so strange, and I'm hoping I'm not the only one that feels this way. But sometimes, like for example when I'm getting my son out of the car and then we start to walk away, I often have a little moment where I think I've forgotten something. Like I forgot the baby. But there is no baby. Is there anyone else that knows what I mean? I feel so weird. :(

Adia
June 5th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine the heartache you must feel after losing a baby like that.

My mom had 6 kids and considered herself done having kids. For years I had a nagging feeling that someone was missing. I remember it most when we were all piling in the van one day and it seemed distinctly like someone was missing. Sure enough she had my little sister 8 years after she thought she was DONE!

So I will pray that the feeling of "someone is missing" will gravitate from the one you lost to the one that is on the way!!

Big hugs mama:hugs:

sbowman
June 5th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Thank you. It's good to know at least that I'm not the only one who has ever had that strange feeling. This is really the only reason I'm ok with swaying instead of saving up for HT. I really just want a baby, regardless of gender.

Rainbow baby
June 6th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Owe babe. I think it is totally normal. I have those moments as well. I wonder if I had another child would my mind settle or would I still feel if something is missing.... I mean I know something is missing and never a replacement that's not what I meant but having a constant thought about the baby in the car..........arg hard to explain. All I can say is your not alone with that thought <3

sbowman
June 6th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I think I know what you're saying. I wonder that too. Like I know I will always have this emptiness in my life where he is supposed to be, and having another baby will probably not fix that, but maybe help heal me somewhat.

Rainbow baby
June 7th, 2013, 10:05 AM
<3 yeah that!

The Anchor
June 7th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find peace.

I had purchased bunk beds for DD and DS when I was about 10 weeks along. The idea of m/c had never occurred to me for that pregnancy ever, which is funny, because my first 2 I was nervous wreck from BFP on. Anyway, we never did put the beds together, they're sitting in boxes in the garage. And every time I take the garbage out it's like a jolt.

I've been trying in desperation to get pg again to no avail. I think I am in the same spot as you...I must have another baby, just to fill the void.

Virtual HUGS to you...

sbowman
June 8th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks Anchor. I'm sorry for you as well. I see you're going HT, I hope it goes well for you and you get your rainbow baby. :)

3boys
June 9th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Aw honey... Sending hugs. Xx
I feel like this when people ask me how many boys I've got, I often go to say four!

ELP
June 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Just Hugs to you ladies xx Your little ones were and will always be part of you, xxx

sbowman
June 9th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Aw honey... Sending hugs. Xx
I feel like this when people ask me how many boys I've got, I often go to say four!

I'm the same, I always want to say I have two boys. I feel awkward because if someone asks where the other boy is...well.

Dana-Alicia
June 9th, 2013, 04:54 PM
So sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter a few years ago and have had two boys since. I still grieve and will continue to grieve I'm affraid, but it does get a bit better with time. My boys have healed my heart in more ways than I could dream of. They have given me a reason to get up in the morning and not get stuck in tears 24/7. When you loose a child, you'll always feel incomplete. But you learn to live with it. It becomes part of you when you can find peace and acceptance. I don't want to hear this from people that haven't experienced a loss like mine tho lol. I get furious when they tell me I'll get better. or 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' They don't know what it's like! But you'll find a way through this, with your precious baby forever in your heart.

sbowman
June 9th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I can't help but cry after reading that. Thank you. It's good to know your boys helped you heal. I'm hoping my not yet conceived little one will do the same for me. And my older son helps too. He's such a sweetheart. <3 He knows when I'm having a bad day, and he will bring me his cars (his most prized possessions) to make me feel better lol.

Dana-Alicia
June 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I'm sure he or she will make you happier than you ever thought possible. When I lost my little girl, I truly was convinced I could never be happy again. And the moment my first son was born, that changed. It sounds all cheezy and cliche, but he really is the light of my life. When I was pregnant with my second son (my third baby) I was scared I could not love him as much as I do DS1. But there he was and it was all sunshine and rainbows lol. I desperately wanted a girl with my last two pregnancies (didn't have a preference when I was pregnant with DD oh the irony) but I never experienced GD. All I wanted to hear is if I was having a healthy baby (well you know what it's like getting bad news...). The thought of never having a girl is heartbreaking. As I really want a baby that is like the one I lost, if that makes any sense. She won't be the same baby of course, but she will be the closest to her. Not to replace her, but to get the chance to see a bit of her back and to raise my own daughter.

However I see my daughter when I look at my sons. And it's so special being able to see them grow up, knowing they are the two only people who are more like her than anyone else. They have grown where she grew, they have heard what she heard, my heartbeat, my voice, they have felt daddy's hands... And they all knew they were loved, wanted. I hope we both get to experience a healthy baby again. And extra FX 4 a girl. Our angels will watch over them, all of them. Big hugs to you mama!