PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had side of implantation cramps later confirmed by 6-8 week scans? Ramzi Theory?

Babushka
April 30th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Hi girls, :happy:
Just posting this in this general swaying section too...
I have been having what I was thinking were implantation cramps, which are mostly occurring on my left side of uterus. I am just wondering if anyone else experienced one-sided implantation cramps and then went on to have the side of implantation confirmed at their 6-8 week scan (if they had one), or indeed can recall this from previous pregnancies? Thanks for your time and I look forward to reading your responses!
Babushka. xx

Zivic-Bubac
May 1st, 2011, 04:38 AM
I believe there was a thread about implantation side on IG started by aabroo, and it seems left side=girl, right=boy.
FX your :DD: is implanting!

Are you familiar with Ramzi's theory? You can google it, but it's basically that boys are implanting on the right side and girls on the left, which was confirmed on early u/s 6-8 weeks.
Alsestis was doing gender predictions based on placenta position on early u/s.

Babushka
May 1st, 2011, 04:47 AM
Wow - thanks, Zivic! Do you know if where the baby implants is where the placenta position ends up too?
I wanted to post in Alestis' section but haven't been able to get on IG for days! I will see if I can do that now. I really appreciate you getting back to me on this! :)

Zivic-Bubac
May 1st, 2011, 02:13 PM
Wow - thanks, Zivic! Do you know if where the baby implants is where the placenta position ends up too You are welcome!:happy: Yes, I believe that's the case :agree:

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 03:33 PM
It's slightly more complicated than that though because the placenta moves quite a lot during the pg. At first I thought Ramzi's theory was really silly because placentas are often on the front or back by the time the baby is born, but this is the location of the placenta at a certain number of weeks into the pregnancy (earlier than most of us even have ultrasounds unfortunately). So I believe that where your placenta ends up later in pg doesn't mean anything, it's where it originally started out.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM
Also, your uterus is really really tiny at this point and I somewhat doubt that pain would be felt more on one side or the other - I don't want to freak you out but one-sided pain can indicate a tubal pg so I just want you to be aware of the possiblitiy. It's probably nothing at all (and congrats BTW) but just so you know.

Babushka
May 1st, 2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks girls. I did have some concerns about ectopic etc but the pain is dull but no bleeding so hopefully that is a good sign? Fingers crossed! Thanks for your concern. Xx

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 02:10 PM
It will get worse if it's ectopic. Your uterus gets up to all sorts of hijinks early in pg so it's probably just stretching a bit.