PDA

View Full Version : You should not believe that it matters whether foods are acidic or alkaline..

TTC5
May 1st, 2011, 04:54 AM
Quoted from the website:
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/coral2.html

"You should not believe that it matters whether foods are acidic or alkaline, because no foods change the acidity of anything in your body except your urine."

Please tell me this is not true :worry:

I am doing some googling tonight - and came across this..

Kris217
May 1st, 2011, 05:06 AM
Oh damn, I too hope that isn't true! Especially for women like you who put so much hard work into it!

TTC5
May 1st, 2011, 06:09 AM
I can't see how, if it works on your urine it wouldn't change other body fluids like blood, cm etc?? I hope it isn't true hey!!

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Regardless of what you eat, your blood pH will stay the exact same. If it doesn't, you will DIE.

However, CM pH seems to be more like urine and saliva in that it does change pH with what you eat and drink.

Flava
May 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
Maybe he didn't think to mention CM ? he is talking about blood and stomach acid.
I think we already proved that this is not true , right? Well not me but others who changed diet and their CM pH went up or down.

My Fabulous Children
May 1st, 2011, 08:20 PM
Regardless of what you eat, your blood pH will stay the exact same. If it doesn't, you will DIE.

However, CM pH seems to be more like urine and saliva in that it does change pH with what you eat and drink.

:agree::agree::agree:

TTC5
May 1st, 2011, 08:53 PM
Oh phew!!!!!!!

Tulips
May 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
I found it interesting what was said about carbon dioxide, I have suffered from hyperventilation syndrome, if it increases acidity in blood would it cause the opposite reaction in CM?

skrimpy
May 1st, 2011, 10:02 PM
I think too many gals have seen a change in their CM ph (and DH ph) to discount that food can influence that. AS is right as usual, I'm sure!

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I found it interesting what was said about carbon dioxide, I have suffered from hyperventilation syndrome, if it increases acidity in blood would it cause the opposite reaction in CM?

I doubt it very seriously because once you start breathing normally again, your blood pH immediately returns to normal.