PDA

View Full Version : Moving On

BZ94
June 8th, 2013, 12:41 PM
So I just wanted to update you all because I've been on here frequently the last few months posting about my GD with DS#3. I was disappointed when I learned he was a boy as I felt I'd had a decent sway, and for the rest of the pregnancy I questioned my desire to even have a third child, as it seemed like starting over with the "hard" stuff just when my older two were starting to get easier.

I just want to say that DS#3 is now four days old and I am absolutely in love. It was a difficult last month of pregnancy and a somewhat scary labor that ended in an emergency c-section and maybe because of all that I am feeling so lucky that he is here and healthy. He isn't the pink bundle I'd hoped for, but he's his own person and I wouldn't trade him for anything. I'm sure I'll have twinges of jealousy when I see friends and their DD's, but having my three boys somehow feels like "enough" for now, and like the family I was meant to have. If I hadn't had a third child I always would have wondered "what if" and now I know, and like I always told myself, I'll never regret having him, but if I didn't I'd always regret not trying.

Hope that helps some of you who are struggling. I understand GD and would never judge anyone who has it no matter what their circumstance, but at the same time I know there can be a happy ending.

Adia
June 8th, 2013, 02:45 PM
BZ94, that was so beautiful! I am so happy you have reached a place of peace with GD. You sound content and in love with that new baby...who could ask for more in this life??
Congratulations and I am so glad all ended well, emergency c-sections are no fun!!!

hotdogz&boyz
June 8th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I'm so glad he is here, safe, and healthy. And that you are finding he fulfills you in ways you didn't know possible. So nice to hear that you are at peace! Three of a kind is a special gift :)

zebaniee
June 9th, 2013, 01:45 AM
BZ94, thank you for your thoughts. It gives me hope as I am also questioning my desire to have another baby as my two oldest are getting older and more independent. I am scared that I will feel resentment towards the new baby if it is another girl. But I think you are right, once the bub is in your arms all the self doubt will fade away xxx

mindyjean
June 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. I found out a few weeks ago we are having a 3rd boy, and I really needed to read something like this. Congrats on your beautiful boy!

retrolove1
June 23rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Thank you for your post, it is so reassuring to hear that!

I have two sons and am feeling the same that mine are now growing up and I'm about to do it all over again. Although initially I will be sad I know I will come to terms with having 3 sons and will love him no matter what.

Xx

tm29
June 25th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Yes I agree with others - this is a beautiful post to read. It is so hard to believe that GD will change when you're in it. any stories that give hope are so important. If I feel better when my baby is born I will definitely tell people on genderdreaming. Incidentally, I think 3 boys sounds like a dream come true. I'd give my house away right this second to have that! (Not sure how practical a wish that is...)