PDA

View Full Version : IUI with Microsort? Advice needed please!

tm29
June 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Dear Ladies,

I'm at the early stages of research - ie totally overwhelmed. I want to TTC a boy next year and I'm weighing up the best things to do. I have no fertility issues, but I'll be 38 and a half by the time I ttc... I'd like to avoid the costs/trauma of IVF if possible, but I could go that route if it's really for the best.

So far my plan is shaping up as:

Boy very careful sway diet and supps as directed by GD Atomic Sagebrush, with Microsort and IUI.

I know the IUI removes some of the reasons for doing the sway (because sperm goes directly to the cervix) but my reading on GD tells me it could still tip things in our favour and IUI itself sways blue. I know Microsort only has 75% odds for boys, but that's still better than nature and I'll also be doing the diet...

Does anyone recommend anywhere to go for Microsort with IUI? I live in the UK but I could travel anywhere for it. Cost is important, but I'd obviously prefer to get this right.

Advice deeply needed and appreciated.

nuthinbutpink
June 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Well, IVF is your best chance statistically. At 38, your IUI chance at conception is probably close to 10% and then a low 70's% chance with MS.

MS is only offered in North Cyprus and Mexico. I think Mexico only offers IVF with MS and no IUI. Not sure with North Cyprus.

MS is no longer offered in the US because it did not receive FDA approval.

If money is not an issue, my advice is to not mess around st 38. IVF/PGD is your best option with the best odds at conceiving and a gender guarantee.

nuthinbutpink
June 9th, 2013, 10:38 AM
There is a HT Guide in the Member forum. Lots of women from the UK posting there too.

tm29
June 9th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Wow. Thank you. It's so depressing to hear that IUI is so hard even if you don't have fertility issues. My husband is only 28, which helps increase our boy odds, but it does sound like IUI is really unreliable. I got my hopes up about IUI+MS reading this Our successful MS/IUI cycle - In-Gender.com (http://in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/52794.aspx?PageIndex=2)
I know it's one woman's experience - and she may have been incredibly lucky and she did want a girl....But I keep hoping for a less invasive/expensive route.

I'll read the info via the link you sent me - thanks v much for that.

One issue I have with IVF/PGD is I find it IMPOSSIBLE to work out the costs. I know it would be wise to assume it will take 3 tries, but there are so many added costs and I can't work it all out.

Was it a very tough experience? I can't see your siggy because i haven't posted enough yet but I think it says you did IVF/PGD. So great to hear from you!

nuthinbutpink
June 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
That forum is pretty outdated when it comes to HT. That post is from 2010.

Many of the UK gals try Genesis in South Cyprus. The costs are pretty low but in the past the success rates aren't that great. We keep stats in the member section. All of 2012 and this year so far are there.

The US seems to offer the best odds but is more expensive. At 38, you'd need to have pretesting done to see what your odds may look like.

We are all "fertile" but IVF fertile is an entirely different level. I had 3 girls all conceived first month trying but at 33 my pretesting was terrible. You just never know.

vickyaust
June 10th, 2013, 06:43 AM
At 38 I highly recommend you go to HRC with Dr Potter in California. Time is important with IVF and your age. It can take months to do pretesting and prepare for cycles. HRC will give you your son with the least cycles. At the moment their success is 82% if you get a transfer. They do full 24 chromosome testing so mc rates are low & pregnancy rates are high.

I am 38 too and started HT at 37. It took me 3 cycles but I have had infertility & we have sperm issues too. From Australia 3 cycles with travel cost around $80 000 (USD). We took our two boys on a 3 week holiday the first cycle. Second cycle I went alone. Last cycle was just my DH and me.

Now 14 weeks pregnant and it was all worth it.

HelsBells
June 10th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I also did IVF/PGD. I have two lovely boys but desperately wanted a little girl. I went to Dr Potter at HRC and am 9 weeks pregnant with twins. I'm from the UK and was lucky to get pregnant with embryos from my first cycle. Cost is around 15,000 GBP per cycle, including travel for me and DH but not the kids.
The IVF itself isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, injections are fine once you've done a few, side effects are a lot less than in pregnancy. The only really hard part is picking yourself up and carrying on when it doesn't work straight away.
If I were in your shoes, I would have a free consultation with Dr Potter (accessed through the dream member section) and get some fertility testing done to see where you stand. I wouldnt waste my time with IUI and micro sort. The success rates are just too low and I wouldnt go to genesis in south cyrpus for IVF. The success rates are also very low.

tm29
June 10th, 2013, 07:28 PM
This is just so helpful - thank you nuthinbutpink, Vickyaust and Helsbells - I am really in need of this down to earth advice. Hels Bells - your description is really clear and simple. I think you're right and that I should just go for Dr Potter and not bother with a sway or anything risky. Two of my friends the same age as me are having sons, but I just have a feeling about myself... I think I should make this investment in our family. I've left it late to have kids because I didn't meet my true love until three years ago - so okay it has to cost some money to make this happen, but it's so lucky the technology is there.

I'm really scared but also excited. Hels Bells - the way you describe the process it sounds physically bearable, just emotionally hard, as you say. I assume I should allow for 3 cycles even if I have no fertility issues - like nuthinbutpink says, natural fertility and ivf fertility are different...

So I need to make an appointment with Dr Potter, then. He's the best person?

Thank you so much!