PDA

View Full Version : How can I get my T levels down?

sbowman
June 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM
I'm starting to think that nothing will work. :( I still have acne and I feel exactly the same as always (competitive, angry). Plus I know I'm about to O because I have a ton of cm, as much as I always do. I'm drinking peppermint tea and I've been on the diet loosely for over a month and strictly for two weeks. I feel like this is hopeless. :( Is there anything else I can do?

XXPlease
June 10th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Have you considered taking Vitex?

sbowman
June 10th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I have considered it but wasn't sure. :/ Does it help with t-levels too? I hadn't read that anywhere but I'm willing to try almost anything.

myrainbowgirl
June 10th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Are you doing intense exercise? I know Atomic has said that helps!

Just so you know you're not alone, I think mine are still on the higher side, too, but I'm pretty sure they're lower than they used to be. I have been on the LE diet about 8-9 weeks or so, and at first, my CM really dried up...but as I got close to O it increased a lot. I still had lots of EWCM, but it wasn't quite the same quality (more streaked/opaque). I have for the most part felt calmer and more patient, but today I kinda lost it on my boys. :( So I know how you feel...but I would be willing to bet my T levels (and yours) are lower than they used to be!

Have you lost any weight? Atomic says that lowers T, too.

sbowman
June 10th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I am doing intense exercise, but I just started that this past week. And I've lost about 3-4 lbs since starting the diet, so I'm losing weight slowly and hoping that means it will stay off. Trying to get to a BMI of 20, still have 20+lbs to go. Maybe I just need to give it more time I guess. Just starting to freak out because I wanted first attempt to be July, but I'm not feeling confident enough in my changes to do that. I'm also stressed because money is pretty tight now and for the next few months. :/ Thankfully LE diet is cheap.

myrainbowgirl
June 11th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I would definitely give it more time to FEEL like your T is lower...but I wouldn't necessarily NOT try in July. I had similar concerns, and was encouraged to go for it. How long have you been on the diet?

sbowman
June 11th, 2013, 01:29 AM
I started loosely on it the beginning of May and have switched to stricter version two weeks ago.

Cauliflower
June 11th, 2013, 05:03 AM
I started to take anti-androgenic BCP 2,5 months ago only for swaying purposes, TTC in 2-3 weeks now, and my T-levels checked on blood test ave never been lower :)

marriedmomof2
June 11th, 2013, 07:32 PM
I started to take anti-androgenic BCP 2,5 months ago only for swaying purposes, TTC in 2-3 weeks now, and my T-levels checked on blood test ave never been lower :)
Are you going to the doctor and getting your T levels checked?

sbowman
June 11th, 2013, 07:46 PM
No I've never had that done. I'm just going off of how I feel. How do you do that? Just go to your doctor and ask them to check? Is he gonna think I'm crazy? Haha.

Cauliflower
June 12th, 2013, 02:11 AM
My sister has PCOS issues so I could ask for it. Mybe you could say more facial hair and loosing hair, coarse voice and stuff so you could get it checked ? I dont know how it works where you live :) but you could try you know!

sbowman
June 12th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Well my mom has PCOS too, maybe I could use that as an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mummyx2
June 12th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Saw palmetto? I was very chilled out when taking it

marriedmomof2
June 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM
My sister has PCOS issues so I could ask for it. Mybe you could say more facial hair and loosing hair, coarse voice and stuff so you could get it checked ? I dont know how it works where you live :) but you could try you know!
Lol I am shedding hair badly I am thinking it's because of my birth control pills. I was going to ask for anti-androgen b/c pills. Maybe I should ask for my t levels to be checked lol

sbowman
June 12th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I want to start ttc next month, so not sure bcp will be a good thing to start right now. And I'm drinking pep tea so no saw palmetto. I went with the pep tea because it was way cheaper lol.

sbowman
June 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Thanks for all the advice ladies. I think I may finally be seeing a change in my demeanor at least. DH even noticed it, so it must be very obvious lol.

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2013, 02:08 PM
feeling angry does not have to do with testosterone. competitiveness,maybe. Studies have shown that women do not seem to have changes in personality affiliated with T levels (working on essay about this now) and so I dont' want anyone to get too uptight if you have an intense personality normally. I do think that being a control freak type of person sways blue, and the solution for that is letting go of control. so instead of saying, "I have to fix this!!!" and geting upset if it doesn't seem to be working, try telling yourself instead "I'm going to do what I can and then leave it in the hands of God/fate". it isn't easy at first but over time there is a feeling of peace int hat. you have done the best you can and acknowledge that at the end of the day, it is someone else's responsibility.

give it a little bit more time on diet. you are young and in the peak years of your fertility, and it may take a little longer for you to get depleted in the CM department.

you can also consider doing a douche. I don't normally recommend it and it's not going to help testosterone levels LOL, but it does seem to get good results for those who just can't get rid of that CM. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/866-guide-douching-ttc-pink.html

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Lol I am shedding hair badly I am thinking it's because of my birth control pills. I was going to ask for anti-androgen b/c pills. Maybe I should ask for my t levels to be checked lol

bcp do make you lose hair

atomic sagebrush
June 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM
No I've never had that done. I'm just going off of how I feel. How do you do that? Just go to your doctor and ask them to check? Is he gonna think I'm crazy? Haha.

you can't do that tho because fluctuations in estrogen and progesterone are what govern women's personalities. so many times people think they are irritable because of T levesl but studies have found that in the average women, T levels have nothign to do with their emotions

sbowman
June 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks, I will look into the douche for my cm. Seems so backward compared to what I've read about TTC lol.

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I know, I don't usually recommend it at all. Not my fave method.

sbowman
June 20th, 2013, 08:45 PM
So this is off the original topic...it seems I'm not losing weight at all. I weighed myself for the first time in a month and I have gained .5 a pound. I fear the worst (PCOS) since my mom struggled with this for years. She did eventually conceive me though...

Another option I think is that it has to do with my coming off of anti-depressants recently. Maybe I will give it a few more weeks and see what happens. :/

NCBeachyGrl
June 20th, 2013, 09:37 PM
This happened to me too! At first I thought I wasn't losing any weight then I lost alot fast! 15lbs in 3 months...

sbowman
June 20th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Wow. I would love for that to happen! I just keep seeing people say they lost all this weight on the diet, but I haven't. It's kinda discouraging.

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM
I will message you