PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE!! Pinkdreamer's Girl Sway

pinkdreamer
June 10th, 2013, 06:52 AM
We found out today we are expecting a precious baby girl :cheer: ! Thank you so much to Atomic who did such an amazing sway plan (totally recommend it!) and for being so patient with me with my 101 questions! Also a special thanks to Jane (Rainbowflower) for her help and support I couldn't have got through my sway without you lovely ladies :awe:

Sorry this is a very longwinded post!

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt

Gender Result:
GIRL!!!!
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s):
2 Lovely Boys!
Number of Months TTC:
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
Yes

DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
• LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Was very strict with the LE diet, with a few very minor hiccups, such as licking DSs ice cream spoons and a bit of DHs lovely looking cake! Oh and a few chips (fries)!
I also relaxed a few days after O and had a KFC meal – oops!
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
8 weeks
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
DH went completely vegetarian and only had a bit of egg that was in the veggie burgers and sausages he had. He did loose a bit of weight, which I stressed about. Our son had to go into hospital for a while so DH didn’t eat as much and lost weight then but still stuck to diet.
Did you try to limit caffeine?
Yes 2 weeks before attempt. DH cut out caffeine apart from the occasional slip-up for about 4 weeks before attempt.
Any Diet Details?
Drank caffeine up to 2 weeks before our attempt and then switched to mainly decaff tea, with a few slip-ups. Ate a lot of white pitta breads with choc philli, pasta, small jacket potatoes and low sodium, home made bread. Ate pasta with a small amount of pesto that was garlic free and lots of parmesan cheese for flavour. Had a lot more diary than I normally have.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
Always tried to stick within the guidelines for calories, protein, fat and sodium.

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I had a lot of weight to lose before starting the LE diet. I lost a total of 2 stone extremely quickly before our attempt and then seemed to lose a steady 1 pound per week after that.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I didn’t do any exercise before swaying so started doing 45 – 60 mins of exercise 4 – 6 days a week on exercise bike and sometimes cross-trainer. Although I had to limit this sometimes due to having dysplastic hips, as it would become painful.

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Not known
Any VG potions used?
• Used 1 syringe of RepHresh every 3 days from CD7. Last RepHresh used 12 hours before 2nd attempt (which was approx. 24 hours before O)
• Used fingertip amount of Acigel approx. 1 hour before both attempts

CM pH at attempt
- Tested PH on CD6 and it didn’t seem to change colour (stayed yellow) so think this is a good sign. Still had a lot of CM around O and not sure if this is due to my UTI, but CM pH still seemed to stay on the lower side.
DH pH
- DH seemed to stay quite high, although was lower than before we upped the cranberry to 3 tablets per day. His pH was about 8 – 8.5 before attempt. Our mixed combo was quite high at about 8 – 10, although I tried not to stress about this.
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
2 attempts. I panicked when I thought I had already O’d and had 1 attempt 4-5 days before O and then another one the day before O.

BD Dates according to Ovulation
• 5 Days Before O
• 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?

THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers
• DH released every day (sometimes twice!!) from CD 6 and then did CFR on both of the attempt days, so DH released when got my +OPK and then again 4 hours before our 1st attempt and 6 hours before our 2nd attempt. So it equated to 3 releases in 24 hours before both attempts.
• We were FR when we conceived our boys, so wanted to change it a bit. I have a feeling he has high sperm count so wanted to lower it as much as possible. He also had a hot bath before both attempts, bath before 1st attempt was hotter than 2nd.

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump?
No, stayed lying flat for 5 mins after 1st attempt and 3 minutes after 2nd attempt.

Any relevant attempt details?
• No Big O, also tried to limit them for about 2 – 3 weeks before O.
• Hubby wore tight underwear.
• Took a hot bath every other day from start of AF and then every day from CD 4.
• I took a shower everyday, sometimes twice a day
• Showered just before both attempts whilst DH had a hot bath.
• DH released fairly shallow with our first attempt and then not at all shallow with 2nd attempt. So with the extreme FR, very hot bath and shallow release with our 1st attempt, plus being so far away from O I think that it was more the 2nd attempt that counted ☺

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements
• Vitex (twice daily)
• folic acid (high dose 2x 800mg)
• Saw Palmetto (from CD 1 – 14 or O)
• Antihistamines (every day from CD 5)
• Co-Codamol (my usual pain killer for hips, instead of Aspirin)
• Chitosan fibre supplement (before meals, didn’t remember the day of our attempt though ☹ )

DH Supplements
• Licorice Root
• Calcium
• Magnesium
• Cranberry (upped cranberry from 1 tablet to 3 over O)
• Sudafed 2 hours before attempt
• Antihistamines daily for hayfever

Any additional supplement info?
Upped DH cranberry supps to 2 tablets a day 2 days before 1st attempt and 3 tablets before 2nd attempt, to further lower PH

Did you do anything with Ions?
- Bought ionisers for the house (2 x larger ones & smaller USB one for laptop)
- Water feature at desk (work from home so on the PC a lot)
- Lavender oil burner in room at night
- Painted nails twice 5 days before O

Moon Phase during conception?
- Day before full moon

Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
- Put gorgeous pink outfit under our bed that we got before having our first DS during our baby shower
- Spoon with pink ribbon and picture of us, our boys and a baby girl under our bed
- Also did a spell for having a baby girl ☺
- Conceived in girl month on Chinese Gender Chart

Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Was very strict with myself over diet, only a few extremely minor slip-ups (before O) and nothing that would have changed my sway at all. I also made sure that DH and myself took all of our supps when we should have done. Tried not to obsess about things. Exercise routine was kept up most of the time.

Things that make me nervous about my sway:
Worry that I didn’t do 60 mins exercise; 6 days a week so may have swayed blue with this? Have a lot of stress with my little boy being very poorly (diagnosed with diabetes) and my business and think I may have raised testosterone as a result!

I also worry that because we got pregnant in our first month that we were both still very fertile.

I am also not at my lowest conception weight.

I'm a bag of nerves atm as this is our last so hoping and praying it's a little girl!

Things worth mentioning:

I was very poorly before and during our sway. I had quite a bad UTI infection (which I’m still trying to get rid of now!) and cold, which meant that I had a high temp and felt generally awful. Started taking my antibiotics day after O, so hoping this wouldn’t have affected anything, held off taking them until after I had O’d as I heard that they possibly sway boy.

Couldn’t believe that I got my BFP the first month of trying, we are extremely lucky and just praying that this is a sticky bean after having a MMC a few months ago. I hope we did enough to get our little pink bundle and don’t think we really could have done more (apart from taking Clomid). I would have liked to have perhaps used Acigel a bit closer to the attempt but was worried this would prevent conception. Am also slightly concerned by our combined PH after attempt, but think that this may have been significantly lower than our PH when we conceived our boys. All in all I feel quite confident about this sway, especially seeing it all written down ☺

Lastly I want to say HUGE thank you to Atomic for the amazing sway plan and all of her help and advice and also to Jane for the same. You ladies are amazing and thank you so much, you really took the stress out of swaying for me :HH:

strawberrymom
June 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM
This sounds like an amazing sway! Congratulations on your bfp and hoping you hear girl.

3boys
June 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Fantastic sway! Good luck on your DD Pinkdreamer! :)

pinkdreamer
June 11th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks ladies :) congrats on your pink bundle Strawberrymom and congrats on your LO too 3boys x

Dollydot
June 11th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Looks fab! Congrats...

Soar
July 30th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Great sway! Hope you hear pink!

Funkyfry
July 31st, 2013, 02:22 AM
Looks like a great sway. Congrats and good luck

mommy2j&l
July 31st, 2013, 09:21 AM
Great sway! Good luck & excited to hear your results!! Hoping you hear GIRL!

pinkdreamer
August 28th, 2013, 10:52 AM
We found out today we are expecting a precious baby girl! Thank you so much to Atomic who did such an amazing sway plan (totally recommend it!) and for being so patient with me with my 101 questions! Also a special thanks to Jane (Rainbowflower) for her help and support I couldn't have got through my sway without you lovely ladies :awe:

2lovelyboys
August 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Congratulations on your little girl!

retrolove1
August 28th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Congratulations! You must be over the moon, please send some pink dust my way xxx

pinkdreamer
August 28th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Thanks ladies, we are thrilled and sending lots of pink dust your way Retrolove xx

nuthinbutpink
August 28th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Yay! So happy that your Personalized Plan payed off!! Congrats! And well- done, atomic!

Cauliflower
August 28th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Amazing sway and thumbs up for Atomics plan :)
Congratulations on your precious baby girl!

Funkyfry
August 28th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Your sway was great! Congrats on your baby girl

greeneyes
August 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Congrats!!

Dollydot
August 28th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Congrats on your girl!! Was an amazing sway...

Two of a Kind
August 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Fabulous Sway! Congratulations on your baby girl :)