PDA

View Full Version : Grasping at straws??

nurse2003
June 10th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Hi all
Just introduced myself last week, had 3rd failed IVF with PGD for a girl.
Anyways stopped meds on Tuesday and had some brown spotting on Thursday and AF came (albeit very light on Fri and Sat) and stopped yesterday -
now maybe i'm holding out hope for absolutely no reason....but NEVER have I had a period like this! When AF comes, she comes, none of this playing around with spotting stuff and never ever for only 2 days. After the last 2 failed cycles it was heavy and crampy and clots, and then I had a cycle we retrieved and never transfered and that AF was normal too....
I guess I wonder if science can ever be wrong? Is there any hope the hcg was wrong and just late? Part of me thinking that is because I did a transfer of one embryo at day 5 but they told me she was slow growing and looked more like a day 3, so when the beta came back neg i asked about slow growing/late implant and they said nope negative is negative....
I'm coming down with a nasty head cold and am slightly nervous given the strange circumstances around all this to drug myself with cold pills....what would you do? one more hpt to be sure?? or accept negative means negative???

nuthinbutpink
June 10th, 2013, 10:03 AM
With a negative beta and bleeding, sounds likely negative. When was beta? 10dpt?

nurse2003
June 10th, 2013, 10:04 AM
yes it was at 10dpt

nuthinbutpink
June 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Well, cycles can be crazy after IVF. Why not just POAS for your own peace of mind?