PDA

View Full Version : An average day for you?

TTC5
May 1st, 2011, 11:58 PM
Tell me what your average day food and drinks is like?

I am not sure if I am eating enough/ or at least, enough that is "nutritious for a boy sway"??

WDYT?

Wake up at 6.30am and I jump in the shower - 7am Take folic acid and have 2 slices of wholegrain bread toasted with a smear of margarine and vegemite.
Glass of chilled green tea/lemon water.
Ural (have just started these as we try next month!!!)
cough medicine

Get kids ready for school. Home by 9am and I then have a big bowl of cereal (puffed rice/wheat flakes, apricot, sultanas) with either: soy milk, almond milk or oat milk, I alternate every few days) and a chopped banana.
Glass of greentea/lemon.
One or two of my supps

10am - I have a Carmens museli bar - either the original or the macadamia and apricot.
Glass of lemon/green tea.
One or two supps.

I have also managed to get 3 shots of gelatin with pineapple juice down lol

Between now and lunch I drink lots of my lemon/tea water.

Lunch time: Wholegrain bread, margarine, sliced tomato, shaved ham, lettuce and salt.
Lemon/tea water.
Supps
Ural
Cough mixture.

2pm - few handfuls of salted peanuts.
Lemon/tea water
Supps

Afternoon tea around 3.30/4pm - canned soup (chunky beef and veg) salted with 2 tablespoons of NYF's.
Lemon/tea water
More supps

Dinner - tonight for example is spaghetti bolognese (mince, garlic, onion, grated zuccini and mushrooms) I will add NYF to mine. And salt! Tomato sauce/paste and pasta shells. (I do try to have potato every day but not today).
Last of my supps.
More lemon/green tea

Desert - Lindt dark choc with sea salt.
More lemon/green tea

Before bed - big bowl of cereal and banana as per the morning.
More lemon/green tea

I think that is it

Kris217
May 2nd, 2011, 12:56 AM
Wow, you so deserve a boy!! All that hard work has to pay off, you're doing great! At the moment i'm pretty much not doing anything to sway. I add salt where i can, still have lemons and ural which i will start up soon and make sure i eat brekkie everyday.

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 02:36 AM
Thanks Kris xox

lightofmylife
May 2nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
WOW ....i think i wont b surprised if i didnt get my boy....... you are really working hard .. i dont consume that much green tea:( is it necessary ???

LolaInLove
May 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Nice job! Isn't it so hard to get all of that in every day? I was much better at the girl diet, I am not a good eater. Not meaning I don't eat nutritious food, just meaning that I don't eat regularly. Right now, I don't want to eat ANYTHING....I had a bit of a hunger strike all weekend from the pain meds (they kill my appetite), but I did manage to eat a cheeseburger and fries last night. Keep it up, you are doing great, ttc5!

Flava
May 2nd, 2011, 01:00 PM
I think that's a LOT of food! ( so this means I eat to little? hmm)
You eat 30 min. after waking up that's great. I can only get to it after 1 hour sometimes 2. (I asked this before how soon after wake up we have to eat but can't find the post:worry:)

Im not on ttc yet so this is what I do :(hope it's good)

Wake up take care of the kids (get ready for school, food , ect) clean up the mess after all this and drink 1 cup (or half) coffee. Finally I have time to eat so I eat 1 bagel with ham or 2 egg with bacon or 2 eggs with tuna , or onion or potato .Oh and a tomato)Sometimes cereal but don't like it much and have to get some almond milk or something like that.(hope it taste good)This is around 9 am.
And I put on some green tea for the day.
I make my green tea with lemon juice so do we need to drink extra lemon water??
around 11 I eat some dry dates drink juice or green tea.
Lunch is usually after 12 to 1pm I eat what ever I find and it's boy friendly. And tomato if I didn't eat on the morning.After I drink a glass of V8 low sodium spicy (add salt) and take sups. Only fish oil and vit E and some gelatin cups. for now.This drink hurts my tummy a little but I drink it anyway...

Afternoon I eat a banana or ruby red grapefruit, or orange . Maybe a ham or salami sandwich . (banana for sure every day)

Later I chew on more dates and dry apricot, plum.
Dinner is what ever we cook ,try to do boy friendly .Last night was grilled stake , roasted asparagus , mash potato and beans. ( I will post pic.lol)

Late at nigh we watch tv and eat salted nuts every night.(or fruit)
In between all this I drink green tea, club soda (because I love it :p) v8 fusion,or some other juice and eat dates here and there.

Tomato and banana every day not potato yet...but I will later.
So this is 3 meal and some snacks. Not big ones because im not on full ttc yet and I don't want to put on much...
And I find this at walmart yesterday!---Lindt dark choc with sea salt.
Oh DH drinks the same drinks !

begonia
May 2nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Wow TTC5 and Flava, thanks for the run down! It is interesting to read what others are doing.

My days have been so off lately since the baby has been so sick! But typically I do eat w/in 30 minutes of getting up, so breakfast is usually 7:30. Usually a banana, 2-4 pieces of bacon (sometimes DD1 steals some!), 2 eggs, and some toast. About an hour later I drink some high potassium juice. I pretty much eat something every hour ... dried fruit + salted nuts, oatmeal, gelatin, etc. Lunch is usually homemade potato chips and a salami sandwich, with a couple handfuls of cherry tomatoes. Afternoon I always have a giant 2-3 serving glass of V8 hot low-sodium with salt and NYF. Dinner is always a meat, veg, grain ... like tonight is beef and barley and we'll have a salad with that.

I also drink loads of lemon water, and 2 tea bags worth of green tea every day. I looooove soda though and have probably 3 a week, but when we get closer to actually TTC I will cut that out completely.

Hobbermittens
May 2nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
I am impressed! I need to get my sway in order. I am going to take some ideas from you! What is NYF?

begonia
May 2nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
NYF = Nutritional Yeast Flakes ... some people say they taste cheesy, but I think they smell like feet and look like fish food. People who like them sprinkle them on potatoes and pasta and such. I mix them into my V8 and chug it down like a frat boy with a beer :-)

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
WOW ....i think i wont b surprised if i didnt get my boy....... you are really working hard .. i dont consume that much green tea:( is it necessary ???

No idea but i have grown to enjoy it lol. Every morning I boil the jug and add 4-5 green tea (caffeine free) bags to 4 cups of water. Let it cool a tad, then I pour it in to a 3 ltr container, I add 1 cup of bottled lemon juice and fill the rest of the container with cold water. Put in fridge to chill. I drink from this during the day/night =) I am now waking around 3-4 times a night to pee, lol. I swear, half the time I actually fall asleep on the toilet HAHA

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
Nice job! Isn't it so hard to get all of that in every day? I was much better at the girl diet, I am not a good eater. Not meaning I don't eat nutritious food, just meaning that I don't eat regularly. Right now, I don't want to eat ANYTHING....I had a bit of a hunger strike all weekend from the pain meds (they kill my appetite), but I did manage to eat a cheeseburger and fries last night. Keep it up, you are doing great, ttc5!

Hey Lola! How are you sweetness? xox It is sooo hard!!!

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
You eat 30 min. after waking up that's great. I can only get to it after 1 hour sometimes 2. (I asked this before how soon after wake up we have to eat but can't find the post:worry:)

Wake up take care of the kids (get ready for school, food , ect) clean up the mess after all this and drink 1 cup (or half) coffee. Finally I have time to eat so I eat 1 bagel with ham or 2 egg with bacon or 2 eggs with tuna , or onion or potato .Oh and a tomato)Sometimes cereal but don't like it much and have to get some almond milk or something like that.(hope it taste good)This is around 9 am.
Lunch is usually after 12 to 1pm I eat what ever I find and it's boy friendly. And tomato if I didn't eat on the morning.After I drink a glass of V8 low sodium spicy (add salt) and take sups. Only fish oil and vit E and some gelatin cups. for now.This drink hurts my tummy a little but I drink it anyway...

Afternoon I eat a banana or ruby red grapefruit, or orange . Maybe a ham or salami sandwich . (banana for sure every day)

Dinner is what ever we cook ,try to do boy friendly .Last night was grilled stake , roasted asparagus , mash potato and beans. ( I will post pic.lol)

In between all this I drink green tea, club soda (because I love it :p) v8 fusion,or some other juice and eat dates here and there.

So this is 3 meal and some snacks. Not big ones because im not on full ttc yet and I don't want to put on much...

Hey Flava, when I first started I could not eat anything for a good hour or two either. My old girl habits, were to not eat until after midday!!! I have now worked my way down to stomaching some toast within half hour of waking =) Funny though, I wake at around 5am every morning, STARVING but fall back asleep and by 6-6.30am I am not hungry anymore lol. My metabolism must be speeding up heaps now, lol.

Your diet so far, sounds GREAT!

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:26 PM
NYF = Nutritional Yeast Flakes ... some people say they taste cheesy, but I think they smell like feet and look like fish food. People who like them sprinkle them on potatoes and pasta and such. I mix them into my V8 and chug it down like a frat boy with a beer :-)

PMSL it does resemble fish flakes, hey?! I can't really taste the flakes too much when mixed in meals, last night I hid them in my spaghetti mince =) Down here, they are called savoury yeast flakes.

daisyfay311
May 2nd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Wow, your average day looks great!

Flava
May 3rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
tnx ttc5 maybe I will try the toast ! Im just not hungry on the morning and hate to eat early. And my matabolism is not good at all.

TTC5
May 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
It may kick start u after a few days you may be able to stomach cereal
Too like me :)

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 01:29 PM

I think you are doing great Flava! I did answer your Q but I can't find the thread now either. I think it's best to eat something right after you get up if you possibly can, maybe an energy bar or even just a glass of juice, something to get that blood sugar up quick.

Do you think it's the drink hurting your stomach or do you think it's the supps?? Some supps will make you kinda sick unless you take them with a meal.

If you drink lemon with the green tea there is no need for lemon water.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM
TTC5, there is nothing I can even say! Wonderful and VERY similar to my normal diet.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Wow, you so deserve a boy!! All that hard work has to pay off, you're doing great! At the moment i'm pretty much not doing anything to sway. I add salt where i can, still have lemons and ural which i will start up soon and make sure i eat brekkie everyday.

Hey, even just by eating breakfast alone you are doing a lot to help keep your blood sugar up. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Wow TTC5 and Flava, thanks for the run down! It is interesting to read what others are doing.

My days have been so off lately since the baby has been so sick! But typically I do eat w/in 30 minutes of getting up, so breakfast is usually 7:30. Usually a banana, 2-4 pieces of bacon (sometimes DD1 steals some!), 2 eggs, and some toast. About an hour later I drink some high potassium juice. I pretty much eat something every hour ... dried fruit + salted nuts, oatmeal, gelatin, etc. Lunch is usually homemade potato chips and a salami sandwich, with a couple handfuls of cherry tomatoes. Afternoon I always have a giant 2-3 serving glass of V8 hot low-sodium with salt and NYF. Dinner is always a meat, veg, grain ... like tonight is beef and barley and we'll have a salad with that.

I also drink loads of lemon water, and 2 tea bags worth of green tea every day. I looooove soda though and have probably 3 a week, but when we get closer to actually TTC I will cut that out completely.

I think you're doing wonderfully as well. I do not believe for one minute that 3 sodas a day will harm your sway (unless they are diet!)

Flava
May 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I think you are doing great Flava! I did answer your Q but I can't find the thread now either. I think it's best to eat something right after you get up if you possibly can, maybe an energy bar or even just a glass of juice, something to get that blood sugar up quick.

Do you think it's the drink hurting your stomach or do you think it's the supps?? Some supps will make you kinda sick unless you take them with a meal.

If you drink lemon with the green tea there is no need for lemon water.

Thanks this makes me feel better.
Im not on the drinks yet just juices and green tea. not hard sups either. Nothing is hurting my tummy it's just I can't stand to eat early. But now Im trying to eat very soon after I wake up. Just have to get use to it.

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 08:12 PM
TTC5, there is nothing I can even say! Wonderful and VERY similar to my normal diet.

Oh really? Thankyou!

Mommyof2girls
December 16th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Whats Ural?

atomic sagebrush
December 16th, 2015, 02:29 PM
It's this medicine like alkaseltzer that is supposed to be "alkalinizing". But we dropped it within the first year of the site (this is quite an old thread) and our odds of success actually went UP when we did. none of our blue swayers are using it anymore or anything similar to it. :)