PDA

View Full Version : Top Signs of a Boy Sway

daisyfay311
May 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Just some things that have happened to me in the last few weeks...thought I would share, maybe it could give someone a laugh.

1) Someone tells you that you look like you're putting on weight and your first thought is, "Yes!" (as opposed to your pre-swaying response, which would have involved some very inappropriate words and an impression of Linda Blair from The Exorcist)

2) The guy at McDonald's puts cheese on your hamburger after you specifically ask for no cheese and you flip out on it because you've already "had too much calcium today." You briefly consider that you might be overreacting but then get excited that making a scene might increase your testosterone so you just continue raising hell.

3) Your kitchen counter looks like a health food store (supplements), your bathroom counter looks like a chemistry lab (ph tester and accessories) and your bottom is so big that the local airport is requesting to use it as an emergency landing zone for commercial jets.

4)You run into the guy who works at Marble Slab Ice Creamery and he asks where you've been since you haven't come by for your thrice-weekly visits for chocolate swiss with Oreos lately.

5) In contrast to #4, the lady working at the service station near your house just gets the bottles of orange pineapple juice ready when she sees you coming.

6) When you tell Dh you're in the mood to dtd, he gets all excited and goes and gets the cup ready because he knows you're going to want to test his sample.

7) You have invented wild stories about vitamin deficiencies and exercise programs and you can't even remember what because your family members, friends, and co-workers have all noticed that your eating habits have become incredibly bizarre.

8) When you tell your doctor you're getting ready to ttc and he says "Have fun" you get all huffy about it, thinking what is fun about all this, I am so stressed, etc. etc. until thirty minutes later in the car when you realize what he meant.

9) It now takes you three times as long to buy groceries because you have to stop and read the ingredients on every item--and then you have to go to another store because you need a different product.

10) Your Dh hears you making strange noises on the couch and comes in to find you holding a glass and grimacing. He discovers that you are trying to drink gelatin in fruit juice, tries it, almost gets sick, and tells you that you don't have to drink this, this is ridiculous. You are half crying half gagging trying to drink the junk but Dh still has to pry it away from you.

11) You find yourself obsessing over your co-worker's plate of salty potatoes and bananas at lunch and wondering why she has three girls and a boy. Then you slowly realize that her kids are teenagers, there's no way to know what she was eating when she got pregnant with them, you're staring at her, she thinks you're weird, and you just need to eat your raisins and mind your own business.

12) You see Dh about to have a glass of Coke and some girl-diet snacks and you go into a hysterical meltdown about all the work you're doing for him and his son and why doesn't he care and now he's scared to eat anything.

13) You get a wave of guilt for trying to manipulate the future, feel bad for your potential next dd, worry you're neglecting your current dd, and end up playing Barbie play-doh for four hours. While drinking juice and popping potato chips.

14) You set the alarm for six a.m. on Saturday and you don't even mind because you're so excited about peeing on an opk and taking your temperature.

15) You start playing games with yourself....if there is an odd number of pieces of laundry in this load, I'll have a boy...and then do "do-overs" when it doesn't work out.

I think I am losing my mind!!!

Hobbermittens
May 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
HA! That was a good read!!:rofl:

begonia
May 2nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Sounds like you are having a great sway, LOL! :bigsmile:

Zivic-Bubac
May 2nd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Daisyfay, this is REALLY good, you certainly have writing talent! And you made me:rofl::rofl::rofl: I recognized all the signs! LOL!

lightofmylife
May 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
I LOveeeeeeee ittttt :bigsmile: it is a great read .:bigsmile:

Flava
May 2nd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Ok I don't want a big butt and put on a bunch of weight but this is so funny!:rofl:

Im getting there too! When I hear DH drinking or trying to eat something Im like "what do you drink ? what you having? " Did you drink V8 juice today??" And" the milk is for the KIDS!!" :nono:
:rofl::rofl:

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
HAHAHA this read was FANTASTIC!!! :)

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
O.M.G this needs to be stuck!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!

gizmo77
May 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
hilarious!!

hope.ful
May 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
That is hilarious!! I love the part about bizarre eating habits! My family can't figure out how I suddenly got some major will power to not eat all the dessert I usually throw down the hatch!

jane
May 22nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
you made me laugh:bigsmile:

DreamingBlue
June 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM
:wink:sounds like me!!! GREAT post!

desperate_for_boy
July 19th, 2011, 12:40 AM
good work

leap_of_faith
August 11th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Thank you for this

Lisap2008
October 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks , my bathroom really does look like a lab.

love being a mummy
October 20th, 2011, 12:33 AM
That was awesome :) I could picture the crazy women at Maccas going off about the cheese hahaha.

My Fabulous Children
October 22nd, 2011, 04:04 AM
So very true!

envisioned
December 1st, 2011, 08:57 PM
This is brilliant! And it makes me think I am not totally insane. LOL

Bama Belle
September 1st, 2012, 05:46 PM
That is so funny! :rofl: And now I know that I'm not the only one. Hehe

n710
September 3rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Love this-hysterical!

Super Mom of 6 Girls
September 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM
HAHAHAHA too funny!! Love it!

The Anchor
September 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Awesome, well done Daisy. Guess this is an old post...but it looks like it was worth it! CONGRATS

mollisol
October 3rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
So funny, I love it!

Adia
October 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM
This might be an older post but its still a funny one! I feel exactly like you described!!! But it just might work!