PDA

View Full Version : Obese women more likely to have boy or girl?

TTCaPRINCE
June 13th, 2013, 12:00 PM
This is just a question I have been curious about. With no inntentional swaying involved would you think an obese woman who already has one daughter would be more likely to have another girl? Or would she be more likely to have a boy?

HopeandDreamG
June 13th, 2013, 12:42 PM
It depends. If the weight effects her fertility more likely to have a girl. If it does not effect fertility and she recently was on a weight loss trend more likely a girl. If there has been weight gain or stability increases chance of a boy (again if weight is not related to her fertility)

TTCaPRINCE
June 13th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Very interesting! Thanks for your response.

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I can't totally say for sure. When people have just one child of a certain gender it is hard to know if there is an overall trend or not. There is def. a trend for both very thin and very heavy ladies to have all girls, we know not why but I have an essay about that here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/3187-big-girls-little-girls-baby-girls-boys.html

TTCaPRINCE
June 13th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks I just gave that a read. Very interesting stuff. From what I can remember my BMI was around 19 when I got pregnant with our DD and I was a no breakfast ever and late night eater. No water lots of sweet tea and soda. So I would think all of that combined with one BD out of the whole month that was a perfect recipe for a girl! Hoping my new BMI of 21 and eating throughout the day and drinking nothing but water or lemon water will be in my favor for a boy sway! (Not including my supps and excersize!)