PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going for it this month, honest opinions please

daisyfay311
May 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
My original plan was to start ttc in June, but I am seriously thinking of going for it in May.

Some reasons why:

1) I am on ten days of antibiotics for a sinus infection, started them on CD1. Supposed to be Augmentin but the bottle says amoxicillan/potassium tablet supplement.
2) I will O probably May 15-16 and there's a full moon on the 17th.
3) I will have been on the diet for seven weeks--I just don't know how much longer I can do this because I am gaining weight and feeling bad about myself. I want to hurry up and get pregnant.
4) Stress is good for a boy? DH and I are both teachers and we'll be trying at the end of the mega-stressful state testing week at school.
5) I'm just really impatient and this has been driving me crazy with worry. I just want to get it over!

But I don't want to be kicking myself down the road because I couldn't wait, you know? I don't know....I was supposed to wait longer to ttc my daughter and one morning I just got sick of waiting and jumped DH, lol. And I got my girl! But maybe I should do things differently...

Here's what I've been doing/will do:

--Will do bsf
--Will use pre-seed
--checked ph, it was 7.6 DH and 6.2 for me after about a week or two of diet, will check again
--will do female big O before attempt, will try to dtd every four days leading up to main attempt day before O (day of pos opk)
--Minerals, I haven't been great at keeping track of....definitely have had lots of sodium and more potassium than I've ever had, WAY less calcium than I'm used to but probably still enough to make Tamara faint

--Dietary changes
--started eating breakfast, Kashi cereal with no milk, fruit juice, dates, sausage biscuits
--started snacking throughout the day, juice and special K bars and beef jerky
--McDonalds couple times a week, tons of french fries, tons of burgers, meat at dinner every night, potato chips
--Three big glasses of juice a day
--All other drinks are tea with lemon and Stevia
--bowl of Bran Flakes or Wheaties or Raisin Bran almost every night with half and half or rice milk
--no more cookies or sweets, just raisins for dessert/snack

Supplements
EPO, Robitussin, Green tea (as drink), Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Folic Acid,
Flaxseed Oil, some Potassium pills, L-Arginine

For DH: L'Arg but the CQ10, the over 50 multivitamin, Fish Oil, Ginseng

Will DTD with a/c and electronics around but the moon phase should be good.

I tried drinking gelatin and nearly died. It was awful. DH doesn't want to do that and other than some bananas and some orange juice and taking his supplements, he doesn't seem to want to do much for swaying. I feel like I should be doing the yeast flakes or the Alka Seltzer Gold and he says people have had boys plenty of times without that....I did buy some gelatin capsules, I guess those are okay?

I know this is long, I am just feeling conflicted and would like some advice. I think I am really messing with my hormones--one minute I feel confident, like I do this and get a boy bfp this month and the next minute I am tearing up thinking I will never be able to do enough to make it work.

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
If you really can not go any longer, I think you have done well so far to have a go!

My Fabulous Children
May 3rd, 2011, 01:52 AM
I would use EW instead of pre-seed , Also give DH some BSD or ASG to raise his pH, 7.6 is a little low for DH. They recommend DH ph be 9+

Everything else looks good, good luck.

BTW- My DH *used* to say the same ''people have had boys plenty of times without that'' I always tell him, but we are different and we need to do our best.

daisyfay311
May 3rd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Okay, thanks. I ordered some ASG and some Wheatgrass juice from CVS for us to use the week leading up to O.

My Fabulous Children
May 3rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Great and good luck!

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I think that looks great and the gelatin caps are fine. I do prefer PreSeed but whatever you all are comfy with, they both work. What Tamara doesn't know won't hurt her, she already knows I tell people to do all sorts of things that she disagrees with and vice versa so we just talk about homeschooling and vegetables and get along great!!