PDA

View Full Version : Things We Learned The Hard Way - List things we learned when trying to put sway plan into action

iluvmyman
May 3rd, 2011, 01:17 AM
OK, you've done all the research, spent hours on this website soaking it all in and meeting some friends and fellow swayers. You've bought everything you need, changed your diet and have been taking more supplements then you ever thought you would.

Now it's time to bring your plan to action. Ready, set, go.....

How did it go?? Well, I really thought I had read everything and was ready to rock and roll but well, mine had some hiccups and I learned somethings the hard way. :)

Please share your experience with others so that they can learn from your experience/mistakes/misunderstanding . OK, I'll start it out, but no snickering or :rofl: :) (It doesn't have to be as long winded as mine) :)

I was ttc a boy. :ttcboy:

Egg Whites (EW). Let's Start w/ EW's. I had a pack of 6 eggs w/ 2 washed and 1 I pulled as a just in case to set out and get to room temp before DTD.

Egg #1: PH was not the 9+ I wanted it to be. Trash.
Egg#2: Dropped the yolk into EW and it splattered. Trash.
Egg#3: So glad I was smart enough to get a 3rd, right? Yeah! PH was over 9 but that wasn't good enough for me, I wanted it just a little higher (I'm an everything but the kitchen sink swayer). I'm so smart, I'll add a little BS to bring up the PH (I was remembering this suggestion for something else). What, why is the PH lowering? :suprise: Add a pinch more. Why? :think: Add 1 more pinch for good measure and stir it around. Why, why is the PH Lowering?? :hair:

Well, as boyjoy pointed out to me, BS has a PH of 8, so of coarse it lowered the PH of my egg. :sigh:

OK, what to do, what to do, :think: the kids will be awake anytime now and DH wants to do this now. I went to the fridge and got another egg for DH to warm in his hands. Yay, it worked. Let's test the PH.....8.93. Augh! Why didn't I have DH warm up 2 eggs. Oh well, let's do this thing...wait a sec...how do I get the EW from the glass bowl to my Whoo Haa? DH wouldn't help....just pour it in? Nope, wrong answer. I'm literally grabbing it off the towel and shoving it in w/ my hands (TMI,LOL!) It sure felt like some made it in, but how much???? Oh well, times up and it's Go Time. :fx:

So, to make a long story short here is 1 of the things I learned the hard way (yeah there is more but I'm gonna measure out my stupidity in small doses at first) :)
:prof:
#1. Have several eggs at room temp and ready to go since the PH might be different for each egg in the package you bought.
#2. Get a dropper, TB, or something to get the EW from the bowl to the Whoo Haa.
#3. Don't do this for the first time w/o maybe a test run or when DH is pushing you. :whip:

iluvmyman
May 3rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
I was ttc a boy. :ttcboy:
:prof:
#1. Have several eggs at room temp and ready to go since the PH might be different for each egg in the package you bought.
#2. Get a dropper, TB, or something to get the EW from the bowl to the Whoo Haa.
#3. Don't do this for the first time w/o maybe a test run or when DH is pushing you. :whip:

I'm sure I'm not the only one ladies! :) Let me make this shorter in case the 1st one was too intimidating.

Roonarpia
May 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
LOL! That was funny! Well I did a lot of stupid things with my sway, none as funny as yours :)

The only thing I can think of was not planning my ovulation predictor count well enough so I was trying use them sparingly when O came. Well I was 2 days late Oing so by O day I only had a smiley face predictor left which I had not used or planned to use before. Needless to say it had a smiley and I was on IG that night frantically trying to get someone to tell me when to BD! DUH to me :)

iluvmyman
May 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
LOL! That was funny! Well I did a lot of stupid things with my sway, none as funny as yours :)

The only thing I can think of was not planning my ovulation predictor count well enough so I was trying use them sparingly when O came. Well I was 2 days late Oing so by O day I only had a smiley face predictor left which I had not used or planned to use before. Needless to say it had a smiley and I was on IG that night frantically trying to get someone to tell me when to BD! DUH to me :)

That's a great one, thanks for sharing!!

Cinss
May 5th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I think that there is just so much on our minds that we do forget things and get nervous when it is crunch time. My DP said he feels like a virgin again and we both had the giggles while trying to remember the sequence to do things (like it WAS our first time). I was planning to have a bs drink b4 DTD but totally slipped my mind... All i can suggest is get everything prepared before heading to the bedroom.

purplepoet20
May 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
The dreaming and praying interfers with the day sometimes, the stress of failure is scary... most of the time everything else seems easy.

lightofmylife
May 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM

yea i remember , i was also on IG that night :D

iluvmyman
May 5th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I think that there is just so much on our minds that we do forget things and get nervous when it is crunch time. My DP said he feels like a virgin again and we both had the giggles while trying to remember the sequence to do things (like it WAS our first time). I was planning to have a bs drink b4 DTD but totally slipped my mind... All i can suggest is get everything prepared before heading to the bedroom.

:omg: Oh my goodness, that was sooo funny and so true. Who can forget the sheer awkwardness of the 1st time in both scenarios. I could totally see this scene in a totally unperverted way and I couldn't explain it any better myself. This totally cracked me up.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I think this is a genius post, thank you so much for sharing it!!

Hobbermittens
May 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I haven't had my attempt yet, but I am glad to read these posts... it helps to learn from everyone's experience!

CapricornAquarius
May 12th, 2011, 06:04 AM
That was hilarious:rofl:, thanks for that, I will keep in mind to have everything ready when its time to do the love dance.

jane
June 16th, 2011, 08:15 PM
thanks for the tips!

TTC5
June 18th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Don't leave it to the last minute to do a bsf without having a practise cycle first, I had mild burning and it dried my ewcm up!!!

iluvmyman
June 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Don't leave it to the last minute to do a bsf without having a practise cycle first, I had mild burning and it dried my ewcm up!!!

Good one TTC5, I think it burns if you get it too close to your cervix.

Thanks Jane & Capricorn!

TTC5
June 18th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Good one TTC5, I think it burns if you get it too close to your cervix.

Thanks Jane & Capricorn!

See mine kind of lightly burned the labia/vulva not the cervix?

iluvmyman
June 18th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Hmmm, I haven't heard of that but you and I both know that doesn't mean a darn thing. :)

TTC5
June 18th, 2011, 11:00 PM
LOL yes I wonder if it is just me LOL going to try a tiny bit next time if I do use it.

LolaInLove
August 2nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
What I learned the hard way: YOU MAY NOT GET PREGNANT THE FIRST TRY. OR THE SECOND. OR THE SIXTH. With or without swaying. You just have to have massive amounts of patience and peace and resolve to keep swaying and trying for your dg.

zanacal
August 2nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
What I learned the hard way: YOU MAY NOT GET PREGNANT THE FIRST TRY. OR THE SECOND. OR THE SIXTH. With or without swaying. You just have to have massive amounts of patience and peace and resolve to keep swaying and trying for your dg.

{hugs}

swish
August 2nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
This is so true, Lola, but also so hard!

LolaInLove
August 2nd, 2011, 02:02 PM
This is so true, Lola, but also so hard! Yes it is! I went into swaying about 6 weeks before we were going to try, thinking I would be pg immediately. After all, I conceived my girls trying to prevent! So, I figured with opks and the egg whites and all, should be no problem. Lord, was I wrong.

I really hope that I can influence some ladies to not fret over a few bfns months, even to expect it, so the wait doesn't take the same emotional toll as it did on me.

Thanks, Zan! :kiss:

swish
August 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
I absolutely thought I'd only be on this diet for 6 weeks. It would be great if you help a few people as I found it hard when I didn't fall the first time

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM

(((hugs))) and prayers for all who are TTC!!!

LolaInLove
August 6th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Well, I wouldn't be continuing on with such a positive attitude if it werent' for my cyberpals and this site! xxoo

atomic sagebrush
August 6th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Aw Lola, that put a smile on my face! Thank you for your wonderful attitude!!

melon
November 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM
Smiley face OPT - I have heard numerous times how easy these are to use.. so i bought a package to check for confirmation after seeing a +ve on regular sticks. I am considerably pretty good figuring stuff like this....boy i was wrong.... I peed in a cup and took these smiley sticks out of the box.. without even reading any instructions I thought it was pretty obvious, I started putting one stick in the cup to test... I see no smiley...it was showing 2 dark lines like regular... I was like wth...then I went to the box again to read the instructions...so i realized there is a smiley case that needs to be used along with the sticks to work the way they are supposed to...So i pushed the stick that i just tested into the case... no smiley again.. i saw some errors..box says it will take 8minutes for error message to go away.. after 8minutes the monitor was off so switched on again... same error... waited 8 minutes.. then read instructions for the error... i used a new test this time...still the same... I wasted 4 smiley sticks with no luck.. i decided to skip this month and test next month the proper way.

My point here is...

->don't go by other people's experience..whatever it is try it yourself and practice before the big day so you are not panicking in the last minute.
->read the instructions before testing whether it is OPTs or basal temperature, Ph tester or whaterver.. so you are not wasting money and precious time

zanacal
November 1st, 2011, 05:27 PM
Oh no dreamblue! If they're the same as the ones I used you have to insert the stick into the monitor and then pee on the stick - you can't use the test and then insert it into the monitor!

melon
November 1st, 2011, 08:48 PM
Oh no dreamblue! If they're the same as the ones I used you have to insert the stick into the monitor and then pee on the stick - you can't use the test and then insert it into the monitor!

Yup- I read that after wasting 4 sticks last time :)

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
THANK you, that is great info!!! Much appreciated!!

love being a mummy
November 6th, 2011, 06:21 PM
oh no how embaressing I just found out I've been doing the BSF wrong :(

After reading this

BAKING SODA FINGER

If douching seems like a little more extreme than you care to go, you can try this technique instead. An hour before you plan to make your attempt, wash your hands (well!) and wet the tip of one of your fingers. Dip it into the baking soda and then insert it into your vagina and pull it back out again. You may even enjoy having your husband do this (TTC sex is LAME so anything we can do to spice it up, right??) Try not to touch your skin when you do it, because it might sting and cause irritation.
This method helps to raise pH a bit without washing away the CM but it's probably not as effective as douching.

I haven't been wetting the tip of finger.

Proud-Mummy26
November 7th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I think having it all physically in front of you is a good idea.

I had mine written out on my computer but when the time actually came I was getting the egg out, doing bsf, taking supps, getting DH his can of coke (we forgot to buy red bull), checking ph, drinking special drinks.... you get my point! lol

It can be very overwhelming. I was organised but it was still hectic and I still forgot something (red bull)! I think if you have out on the bench what you can or have a checklist then that way you aren't frantically trying to remember what you need.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2011, 07:25 PM
oh no how embaressing I just found out I've been doing the BSF wrong :(

After reading this

I haven't been wetting the tip of finger.

No worries, you're just getting less baking soda than would stick to it otherwise. That may even be better for all we know. I worry that too much BS at the cervix actually prevents pregnancy for some people (at least one spermicide is made from baking soda mixed with spermicide).

love being a mummy
November 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM
oh so the BS is still dry even if you wet your finger. I thought you wet the finger so the BS becomes wet aswell.

atomic sagebrush
November 10th, 2011, 01:15 PM
No, it's just so more sticks. The BS will get wet anyway from the vjj fluid.

envisioned
December 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
The best advice I can think - where I think I royally screwed up my boy sway - was to DTD way too soon after a YI.

The boy supplements, especially L'Arginine really helped boost my PH more so than anything (it wouldn't budge on boy diet alone, if anything all the salt etc lowered it). But the counter part to that was that it caused me to get recurrent YI's. And I found I had these 'window' months where it was better to TTC a boy with all natural high PH, then the next month I was guaranteed to get a YI.

When I did some research on it, it turns out that in some cases, Candida actually thrives in an Alkaline environment.

Candida Diet: Candida - Acid or Alkaline? (http://www.thecandidadiet.com/ph-levels-candida.htm)

NEW INFORMATION ABOUT YEAST INFECTIONS (http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/candida.htm)

So that was the cruel irony of my body. The supplements were helping me to raise my PH and then I got a YI to counter them so my body could return to "normal". Then I had to do a treatment, take acidophilus and start the diet all over again.

Well when you do this for a year, you get really fed up.

Had I known then what I know now, I would have done the alkaline diet or eaten a more nutrient rich, plant based diet. Because when I tried that after DD2 was born, it maintained my PH and I didn't get a YI.

Another thing I experienced, is that you should pay attention to your body. We can read stats and theories on why some women have more girls vs boys etc, but the reality is, our biology is different from the woman next to us in the sense that what works for her, may not work for you. Case in point, Valerian Root is supposed to help calm you can when you're anxious. Well I'm one of the lucky % of people it has the opposite affect on. It makes me hyper! So you should try out supplements/diet and test your PH and see how they affect you before you even think about TTCing. I could write out a list of characteristics that I have that fit a mom that's supposed to have boys and yet...

So sometimes you may very well be an anomaly internally and you should pay attention to your body. HTH!

Zivic-Bubac
December 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Great post envisioned! :agree:
Thabks for Candida links, I used to suffer quite often from vaginal candidiasis :worry:

chocolate
December 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Got to add this: dont presume you have ovulated until your temps reflect this for 3 days and dont quit or relax the diet until your sure. I thought Id ovulated so ate boy friendly food on holiday only to realise I hadnt and then I ovulated 2 days later.

aintnocinderella
December 17th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Sorry to crash ladies..... are we saying that YI sway pink?
I would agree that one of the things to learn is how swaying factors effect your body. since starting suppliments for the second time i have had YI the day after OV every month (this happened last time and then i fell of the wagon for swaying and gave up before evern ttc), without knowing if this sways this could be fatal to my sway.

I would also say always look at your diary when thinking about having a bad sway diet day..... I decided one day that i had been really good and would treat myself to having a take away, forgetting we were due round the MIL house who is a habitaul feeder and will try to pump me full of cake and dinner and tea and coffee and send us home with our pockets full. Wish i had saved my bad diet day for that day as not only did i not enjoy the food (she is a great cook) and looked logingly at DH plate piled high and pudding and snacks whilst maintaining that i was on a diet and felt a little unwell, but felt really guilty for the whole week. :(

atomic sagebrush
December 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
complete guide to swaying and yeast infections (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?465-complete-guide-to-swaying-and-yeast-infections)

Thread about yeast and swaying

aintnocinderella
December 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Thank you

zebaniee
January 20th, 2013, 12:39 AM
DP is a little too excited that he can release more often. I am trying to sway for a boy but he wants to release every day. It is now to the point that I have drawn a little heart on a calendar for every day he has released and I was standing there pointing the hearts out to him. Eg/ See heart for yesterday? That means no release today. I mean it!

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2013, 08:50 AM
That's a good tip!! :) Poor DH!