PDA

View Full Version : Future child planning...sway or not?

hotdogz&boyz
June 17th, 2013, 12:07 AM
I know it's a weird question to ask on a swaying forum!

But I am a super-planner. We have a five-week-old and I am already thinking and planning for our next baby, who will also be our last. I am very torn as to whether I *should* incorporate swaying into our plan. We have two boys and our newborn is a girl (a successful sway). I truly don't know that I mind what our fourth is either way. We plan to be team green (surprise at birth) and I can see the benefits of either sex.

HOWEVER, I have this bizarre thought that I am programmed for boys and in order to truly level the playing field and have a 50-50 shot at either, I need to add some sway tactics into our TTC. On some level I think I also feel I "should" try for a girl, because it gives my daughter the chance of having a sister (something I don't have, nor ever missed, but I can't help but think SHE might want one, ya know?). Not to mention, room planning would be but easier with two of each (but, frankly, we would work it out no matter what).

Any insight? Anyone ever been in this place? Is there really a way to "forget" the sway tactics anyway? What would YOU do?

I Love Ladybugs
June 17th, 2013, 12:53 AM
I wish was in your boat!! Lol, I will find out in just over a month if my sway was successful, but if my hubby was on board for 4 (my dream)...it would be 2 of each!! The deal is that the swaying may not bring the same results around, so it depends on how your heart and body feel! The baby we have on board is our last, but I wish you the best with whatever outcome you end up with :)

sbowman
June 17th, 2013, 12:54 AM
That's tough. I think I would sway again (maybe a light sway) and stay team green personally. If you truly do not care either way. If my sway is successful I will do that for our third child (which will probably be our last unless I can convince my DH...and I've already talked him up to three lol). Being able to say you truly don't care what the gender is would be such a wonderful feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanting-a-girl
June 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I love the idea of just going for it and staying team green!!! if you dont have a strong preference that would be awesome!!!!

OnlyPraying
June 17th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I would sway! Goodluck! :)

hotdogz&boyz
June 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I felt a little bad asking, since I know tons of ladies would love to be in this place. I do realize I am very lucky :)

And I do fully anticipate that even if we decide to sway, the outcome could be totally different next time. Which makes me wonder if I should bother! Lol.

I was thinking of doing a light LE diet (veggie too), take off a few pounds in the 3-4 months leading up to trying. Have DH take licorice root. And I'll be taking aspirin because I have to anyway for a clotting condition. I may also use RePhresh, although prolly just every 4 days in trying cycles instead of before DTD. And I may still be breast feeding as well, depending on how long baby goes and when my cycle returns. And then the lack of stress I'll feel over it all will help too.

And in doing those things, I feel the odds would be close to 50-50 for either sex. My typical diet is boy-friendly. We will do team green no matter if we decide to sway at all or not. I truthfully have no preference in my heart. In my head I have a slight girl lean, mostly for logistical reasons (reuse clothes, my boy clothes are kinda beat up, the rooms). But I love, love our boy name we have in the wings...and no clue on what we would name another girl. So that kinda takes me back to center.

Thanks for the opinions. I am currently leaning toward a lazy-sway and see what happens :)

hotdogz&boyz
June 17th, 2013, 11:32 AM
SBowman and Ladybugs...I hope you both hear PINK! I'll be stalking to find out :)

And OnlyPraying...I hope you see those gorgeous two lines very soon.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
June 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I swayed for a girl, as you know. I wanted my dd to have a sister. I got a beautiful baby boy out of it. If I were to ever have another, I would sway...HARD!!! My sway was rushed. We are done with 5 and I have no regrets. Good luck to you!!

ELP
June 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I would try the sway for the reasons you said, at least then you know that you can tell DD if she ever asks that you tried for her sis but your little bro came instead:) Plus you can stick around here with us and help other ladies with their sways!!

NCBeachyGrl
June 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I wondered the same thing for baby #4. Even with an opposite, I wondered if it would be worth it to sway again or to just go for it. I decided to sway again to give it everything I've got. But, this time, I know that every little bitty detail doesn't matter and I plan on doing vegatarian + LE +coming off of BCP + BF'ing. I might use acijel or something else like that but don't plan on vitex or SP or doing anything else!

The Anchor
June 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Go for it! If for no other reason than your last sway was a success...GL!

I Love Ladybugs
June 17th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I want to be in your shoes, but if not, I hope to have the grace of both NCBeachy and Charlee in how they are with the little boys that are in or going to be in their lives!!

I like your relaxed approach to your sway....and hope that being team green gives you as much satisfaction as it did me the first time around!! Lol, I will not wait to birth to find out if swaying did the trick!!

hotdogz&boyz
June 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
I agree...we have had some really amazing women in here :) I am in awe of some of them!

honeybee
June 18th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I would sway and just have fun with it! Especially since you're going team green!

onebigwish
June 19th, 2013, 06:23 AM
i am also a super planner ! and want 2 Girls...but i dont know if i get them :( it is in the Hands of god...

fish2012
June 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
I'm planning to go Le diet post birth, bf, no exercise (am doing weights at mo) going veggie ish now and planning to use aci gel but that's it light sway think v and sp messed my cycle too much last time,

If nothing else I'll be skinny ;-)