PDA

View Full Version : I'm Pregnant! - 1st attempt. SOO nervous....please be a BOY!!!!

mum2daisypie
June 17th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Hi,

Well my Husband and I began TTC last month. We had been following and alkaline diet as much as possible for about 5 months, and had been taking multi - hits etc (I am also taking 2000mcg folic acid). We used Pre-seed, and BD twice on day of OV. 2 weeks later, I got my positive result on the test!
Amazing.

Now is the scary part....its seems like FOREVER until the 20 week scan.

I know this is a silly question as Im sure gender is determined at conception, but is there ANYTHING I can do from this point onwards other than wait? Should I drop my folic acid to 400mcg now? Im taking Fish Oil and a Wellman Pregnacare multivit at the moment.
I drink LOTS of soda water with squeezed lemon juice, is this still ok now Im pregnant?

Any advice really appreciated!
Thanks

Northern_Shutterbug
June 17th, 2013, 11:09 AM
re gender, no, theres nothing you can do now. just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. congratulations!

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
PLEASE continue taking the higher dose folic acid until you are out of the first trimester and then gradually wean off.

I would switch out the soda water to reg. water.

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2013, 11:31 AM
also by keeping up with a healthy and varied diet like HE Diet (just not quite as much food!) you will help ensure that a baby boy will have adequate nutrients to grow up big and strong.

mum2daisypie
June 17th, 2013, 11:32 AM
thanks so much

Five Beautiful Girls
June 18th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Hi mum2daisypie, Congratulations I have my finger crossed for you, I have seen on line you can buy urine gender test & it tells you if it's a boy or girl , & I don't think you have to be far a long.
It is called Intellignder Pregnancy Prediction Test Kit, Google it.

Pearl327
June 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Congratulations mum2daisypie. I hope the weeks fly by until you can find out gender. I wouldn't waste your money on a urine test as they are not accurate. There was a thread about it somewhere on here and I would hate to see anyone with false hope or disappointment based on pseudoscience.