PDA

View Full Version : 12 Weeks - Boy or Girl?

Leena
June 18th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I'm anxious to know!

ELP
June 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Id guess girl:)

cape grace
June 18th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Why do u think girl? Just curious as this pic looks a lot like mine! I can see no nub or clues to suggest either way? I dont truely understand the nub theory though. in my pic from memory on screen as i got no photo..baby had smooth bottom..i could see nothing like this one

Leena
June 18th, 2013, 08:28 AM
The picture is small when you upload it. I think there is a nub and also little "fork" on the bottom one but I'm not sure. Hard to see.

beachbubs
June 18th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Hmmmmm...hard to see, but I would ever so slightly lean girl :)

Leena
June 18th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I have a son and hoping for a girl this time. We will found out soon as I'm scheduled for cvs tomorrow. In both pregnancies my Beta hcg has been high and Papp a level low. Regardless, this baby is miracle as my fertility doctor misdiagnosed miscarriage several times (low hcg, no growth on fetus) until there was a heart beat at 8 weeks. We were all so shocked!

Leena
June 18th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Any more guesses?

Leena
June 19th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I had the cvs today and the ultrasound technician said 70% boy. He saw some "dangling" parts. I'm little upset :( I was really hoping for a girl.

oxox2013
June 19th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I dont think I see a nub at all :( how accurate are the results on gender based off the CVS testing? I dont know a lot about that so I am just curious!

Leena
June 19th, 2013, 08:37 PM
CVS looks at the chromosomes so it's 100% accurate. I will find out the gender in couple of days for sure. I hope the technician was wrong however I don't think it's likely. I'm feeling major gender disappointment at the moment. I feel like i might never experience all girly things moms do with their girls.

I will update when I find out.

Leena
June 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM
It's another boy. I'm so upset and don't know how to get over this.

deaks66
June 21st, 2013, 05:20 PM
It's another boy. I'm so upset and don't know how to get over this.

So sorry you are having to deal with horrid gd feelings Leena. I can only tell you that I felt the same and it does get better ( twice for me!). Hopefully you can find a way to follow your dream after bubs is born but if u can't, I promise you will love watching your little boys play together and become buddies. Take care

buttons
June 21st, 2013, 05:21 PM
Hey Leena,

I had the same feelings when I found out my second baby will be a boy. I know its selfish to think that as the main thing is they are healthy! I am tempted to go for number 3 but hubby is happy with 2. In a few weeks you will feel better and at least you have the time to get used to it before he arrives. Big hugs - I understand what you are going through xxx

Tree
June 22nd, 2013, 02:10 AM
What nom was your hcg and papp a? My hcg is really high and papp a really low too.

Sorry about the gender disappointment but having two boys is wonderful!! And most importantly you have a healthy bubba in there.

Maybe go for number 3?

Leena
June 22nd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Thank You all for your kind words. It's hard when you have a dream and It's taken away. I cannot help but look at other families with girls and wish I had what they had. I've lost the interest (hopefully for not too long) in this pregnancy, which is sad. We have not announced the pregnancy since there has been ups and downs since the beginning. Now I have no interest to tell anyone. Everyone knows I've been longing for a daughter and will feel sorry for me.

Unfortunately we have problems conceiving and have to do fertility treatments to get pregnant (clomid, hcg shots and close monitoring). I also have a placental problem in my pregnancies. My first son was born 4 lb 3 oz at 38 weeks (IURG). My Papp-a was 0.29 MoM and beta HCG 5.33 this time and the values were very similar last time. We have gone through so much sadness and worrying with both pregnancies that I would have loved to at least have my dream girl.

I have a feeling 2 boys will be enough. With no help from others 3 kids might be too much. Both of our families live far away. But we will see. I love my son to death and will this new one too, it will just take time.

beachbubs
June 22nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
Hi Leena, I know how you feel as I was hoping my second son would be a beautiful little girl too.....all I can say is, you WILL feel better and when you are holding your little man in your arms you will wonder why you had all those negative feelings in the first place. Watching my two boys together is nothing short of amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world!!!! Take time to yourself so you can work thru your feelings and I can guarantee you will feel better.....there are many ladies on this site that are in the same boat as you and would be more than happy to talk.
I'm sorry you didn't get your daughter, but trust me when I say... two boys are something special :) big hug x

Mulberry Smurf
June 22nd, 2013, 05:39 PM
I did think the scans looked quite boy like - sorry you are disappointed at the moment but I think you feel in yourself this is just temporary and those feelings will go away. Hope you make peace with it soon xx

oliveviews
June 22nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
i'd go with girl - nub seems to point downwards