PDA

View Full Version : Red Bush Tea RooiBos tea which sway is it good for

aintnocinderella
May 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
HELP, i have been trying to find an alternative to tea. i am a serial tea drinker (tho i wasnt drinking much when i fell preg with my DS1 as i was living in california and you lovely americans dont drink tea like us brits. So anyway i tried redbush tea. I am drinking peppermint tea but it doesnt hit the right spot. i liked the redbush but when i googled it i thought its probably not good for a girl sway. whilst is has calcium and magnisium it does have potassium. I am more worried about potassium and sodium levels than anything else when it comes to diet so wanted everyones thoughts as i dont want in inadvertantly increase my potassium when i thnk i am cutting out caffine which isnt as important in my eyes. On the other hand i drank diet pepsi by the bucket load when i fell with ds1 probably as much as i drink tea now i am back in the uk

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 02:16 PM
It also may be alkalinizing as well (I couldn't really get a straight answer on that). It def. has antioxidants which may sway blue. I think until we know more it's probably best to avoid it for now.

aintnocinderella
May 9th, 2011, 01:30 PM
thanks i have been shame as i am pretty sure it makes me eat more when i drink less tea and i dont want to gain weigh since all the rice and pasta i am eating might make me gain :(

SA77
May 9th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Is there any tea other than peppermint that's ok for a girl sway? I love tea as well.

aintnocinderella
May 10th, 2011, 02:44 AM
and peppermint tea just doesnt hit the spot :( plus it is controversial as too much can have the opposite effect for some people. oh this swaying stuff is hard! and i am pretty sure sincei started messing with my diet and doing supps i have changed my cycle. glad i wouldnt be ttc til sept

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Tamara believes that ALL herbs and teas other than peppermint should be avoided for TTC pink due to the alkalinity factor. I'm not sure how much I believe in alkalinity so I ~personally~ don't think it's the worst case scenario to drink some chamomile here and there. I didn't even give up regular black tea for my sway, I jsut don't think it sways that much and that's practically all my mom ever drinks is tea and coffee and she has girls.

I just assume you guys want to have the "best" sway possible so I give advice from that standpoint, but remember that there is NO one right way to sway, if you want to keep drinking tea, by all means carry on, because there are no magic foods.

SA77
May 13th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks!! Did your sway work even with the black tea? That's pretty much what i drink...plain old regular tea.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 06:06 PM
No, it didn't work but that had nothing to do with the tea. My mom drinks tea by the gallon and has 2 girls.

sa76
January 16th, 2018, 03:46 AM
Hi, don‘t know where to post. DH had a bad flu and a bad cough since four weeks. At the end of december he took for a few days antibiotics and he is drinking a lot of tea the last weeks. Chamomile some times and every day one cup redbush/rooibos for breakfast. Will this harm a girl sway (planed to ttc in about two/three weeks). Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2018, 01:46 PM
No it's fine, I hope he is feeling better!