PDA

View Full Version : using real eggwhites

gizmo77
May 3rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
im assuming the reason why some ppl use real eggwhites is bc their bodies dont produce it themselves or cant get their ewcm to be above 8 or 9 in pH, correct?

any other reason?

also for those who have used it, how did you do so? how much? and what did your dh think? or was he in the dark on this?

I read some of the info on this on IG.

begonia
May 3rd, 2011, 06:41 PM
Gizmo, I think you're spot on with why people use the EW.

Personally I haven't used them, but the best way I think to get them up in your business is to use a suction syringe, like what you can buy to give your kids medicine. I have one that goes up to 5ml, and that is the max I've heard of people using.

I do know there was a swayer on IG who snuck them past her DH but can't recall who ... I think most people's DH's are on board. Mine isn't swaying which is part of the reason I won't be using them. I did find though that the Egg Whites you can buy in the cartons at the grocery store are high pH (I was eating them for breakfast so tested them, LOL!) and already pasteurized, so if I was going to use some I'd probably use those for ease.

iluvmyman
May 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
I used EW because if there was a suggestion on IG, I tried to use it (everything but the kitchen sink swayer here). You can read my experience w/ EW's

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?3085-Things-We-Learned-The-Hard-Way-List-things-we-learned-when-trying-to-put-sway-plan-into-action

My husband would have to be pretty thick to miss that slimy EW, it's pretty gross. I'd totally suggest the dropper (not a glass bowl, duh me) and I read 5ml was the right amount. My DH will do anything but wouldn't help me w/ putting in the EW's. Go figure?

I read boxed EW PH was between 8-9 w/ additives. Not sure that Atomic really thinks the EW's are necessary. I thought I read that under a microscope the EW's show little channel where the sperm can follow like EWCM. Ultimately, I think it just gives you really good EWCM and is sperm friendly.

gizmo77
May 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Gizmo, I think you're spot on with why people use the EW.

Personally I haven't used them, but the best way I think to get them up in your business is to use a suction syringe, like what you can buy to give your kids medicine. I have one that goes up to 5ml, and that is the max I've heard of people using.

I do know there was a swayer on IG who snuck them past her DH but can't recall who ... I think most people's DH's are on board. Mine isn't swaying which is part of the reason I won't be using them. I did find though that the Egg Whites you can buy in the cartons at the grocery store are high pH (I was eating them for breakfast so tested them, LOL!) and already pasteurized, so if I was going to use some I'd probably use those for ease.

i was thinking exactly that about the children's medicine dropper.
what about, has anyone had any infections from doing this?

gizmo77
May 4th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I used EW because if there was a suggestion on IG, I tried to use it (everything but the kitchen sink swayer here). You can read my experience w/ EW's

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?3085-Things-We-Learned-The-Hard-Way-List-things-we-learned-when-trying-to-put-sway-plan-into-action.

thx for the post! that helped! i guess for me, i have the EWCM but not the pH. i have done a practice run of BSdrink and will try ACV and BSF, but i just want to try ALL avenues before my actual sway!

Zivic-Bubac
May 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Pasteurized eggs are safer, if you can find, buy them
I was using ew once ( it is also suppose to help you get pg), I put them up there w/syringe, I used 3ml and even that felt like too much:worry:
Make sure ypur ew are on the room temperature, not straight from the fridge!

gizmo77
May 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Pasteurized eggs are safer, if you can find, buy them
I was using ew once ( it is also suppose to help you get pg), I put them up there w/syringe, I used 3ml and even that felt like too much:worry:
Make sure ypur ew are on the room temperature, not straight from the fridge!

yeah i remmeber reading about room temp EW. another thing tho, i plan on prolonging foreplay (i mean not THAT long, but longer than usual), dont you think itd leak out if i put it in first..or would i have to put it in right before the actual deed...this time ill make HIM wait while i put on my "condom."

Zivic-Bubac
May 4th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I think you should put them right before dtd, yeah, make him wait! LOL! ( not because of waiting of course, but leaking)
Here is little movie where you may learn more about using ew in TTC business http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/eggwhites.htm

gizmo77
May 4th, 2011, 05:38 PM
thx ill get to watching it!

iluvmyman
May 5th, 2011, 01:57 AM
thx for the post! that helped! i guess for me, i have the EWCM but not the pH. i have done a practice run of BSdrink and will try ACV and BSF, but i just want to try ALL avenues before my actual sway!

Good Girl on the trying before the Big Day. It didn't even cross my mind. It sure didn't seem all that hard when I read about it. LOL!

iluvmyman
May 5th, 2011, 02:06 AM
I think you should put them right before dtd, yeah, make him wait! LOL! ( not because of waiting of course, but leaking)
Here is little movie where you may learn more about using ew in TTC business http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/eggwhites.htm

I agree that it's the last thing you do before DTD. It is very slimy and slippery. I think that's kinda the weird part is really just trying to get it all done when it's go time and remember everything. I wrote a list and definetly used it, reading it over and over to double check I did everything....even though everything didn't necessarily go how I wanted or expected. I think you are smart to do the trial runs.

iyamaryam
May 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
The eggwhite thing is really slimmy and gross and I doubt there's anyone who wouldn't notice it. I was so clumsy with it that it spilled out n dh had to help me put more in there with a medicine doppler. The trial run thing is a good idea but to be honest if I had tried it before hand, I would have been discouraged and dropped it. But I if I had to do it all over I would totally use it, I think it helps with faster conception even b4 swaying, just my :twocents:, GL :luck:

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:25 PM
im assuming the reason why some ppl use real eggwhites is bc their bodies dont produce it themselves or cant get their ewcm to be above 8 or 9 in pH, correct?

any other reason?

also for those who have used it, how did you do so? how much? and what did your dh think? or was he in the dark on this?

I read some of the info on this on IG.

Viene made a post about egg whites a while back, here it is. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1037-Using-real-EW

The reason why people use egg whites is because there is a theory that Y sperm like very high pH and egg white has very high pH. No one has EWCM with pH of 8 or 9, it just doesn't happen.

I personally like PreSeed better http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1111-Pre-Seed and http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1134-The-lure-of-Lubes!! You can actually mix some baking soda in with PreSeed to raise the pH and the directions are here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1444-Baking-Soda-basics!

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:26 PM
i was thinking exactly that about the children's medicine dropper.
what about, has anyone had any infections from doing this?

Yes, a lot of people have gotten infections from them unfortunately.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 03:31 PM
The eggwhite thing is really slimmy and gross and I doubt there's anyone who wouldn't notice it. I was so clumsy with it that it spilled out n dh had to help me put more in there with a medicine doppler. The trial run thing is a good idea but to be honest if I had tried it before hand, I would have been discouraged and dropped it. But I if I had to do it all over I would totally use it, I think it helps with faster conception even b4 swaying, just my :twocents:, GL :luck:

People's doctors used to recommend using egg whites to help with fertility but that was before PreSeed was invented. (some doctors still recommend it, you know how some of them are kinda behind the times LOL!!)

I prefer natural EWCM with PreSeed as a second choice, and the reasons are because it's less messy and I really really think that superhigh pH may turn out to be just as bad for sperm as superlow pH. There is a reason why both EWCM and semen is naturally pH in the 7's, it's because ALL sperm survive best at that pH and I find it hard to believe that if X and Y both thrive in pH in the 7's, that any sperm would love being pH 9.

Also, my other concern with egg white is that a lot of people have found that it's so runny that it washes the semen away. You might as well douche afterwards, that's how much is getting washed out. Lola has a post about this somewhere and she actually quit using the EW because of it.

Flava
May 7th, 2011, 04:55 PM
No one has EWCM with pH of 8 or 9, it just doesn't happen.
So what is the highest pH we have?
I never had problem with EW . We don't have to use the runnier part of it. But again I was doing msu so I needed the ew for that.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 05:56 PM
It varies dramatically but around ovulation, it is in the 6-7 range.

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 07:03 PM
It varies dramatically but around ovulation, it is in the 6-7 range.

So do you think that a pH of 6 before doing any fingers or baths etc is great for a boy sway?
I was 6.7 few days before O last week and was worried I was not high enough. Do you think I can relax a little now?

Ia

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Oops not suire why my msg cut off? Was going to add I will be using pre seed and baking soda too as I don't feel I get enough ewcm.

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM
So do you think that a pH of 6 before doing any fingers or baths etc is great for a boy sway?
I was 6.7 few days before O last week and was worried I was not high enough. Do you think I can relax a little now?

IaTTC, in the months before I started swaying with DS 4, I WAS a 6. Then my pH dropped because of the diet but I still conceived him even with my low pH! I think my natural setting prob. is 6. So yes, I think 6.7 is actually quite good for blue and then if you do PreSeed, BSF or whatever, that will only help.

gizmo77
May 19th, 2011, 02:19 PM
okay, so after watching the eggwhite video on ttc.com, mama kathy says to use the "clumpy, sticky, globby" part of the EW, (as opposed to the runny part). is this so? (but isnt our natural eggwhite supposed to be more runny, stretchy, thin and not so thick?)

also would pH be affected by temperature? (so should i check ph as soon as i take it out of fridge or after an hr of it becoming room temp?)

and finally, for those who used real EW and dtd doggie style, how in the world did you insert the ew and then get in position?? very carefully? and skillfully? ;-)

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
WOW that is a great resource. I'm going to use the crap out of that, thanks for sharing.

1) I have never used eggwhites myself so I can't totally say, but I would go with it because those people seem to know what they're doing. Our natural EWCM does totally have clumps and parts that are thicker and thinner, just like any mucus does. Maybe that's what we're doing wrong and why people are having bad luck with the eggwhites running out.

2)pH is affected by temp and you are supposed to have your eggs at room temp before testing their pH.

3)The best way would be to assume the position and have hubs insert 3-5 mL of EW. But if your husband doesn't know about swaying, this could be problematic. In that case I would insert a mL an hour before, a mL 30 minutes before, and then a mL right before, that will give it time to distribute itself throughout the vajayjay and the smaller quantities will keep it from flooding right back out again (I hope!!)

gizmo77
May 31st, 2011, 10:45 AM
okay ill try those things. one last question on this topic (for now hahah). why on IG did they say to wash the outside of the shell, and put it in a glass bowl for 2 weeks in the fridge? then take it out and crack, leave at room temp, etc.

why put in a glass bowl and why for 2 weeks?

CapricornAquarius
May 31st, 2011, 09:46 PM
WOW! I need to jump in here, Ok my husband and I gave the egg white thing a go the other night for practise he he. I bought free range eggs, had one egg at room temp, I separated the egg white into a bowl, checked the ph and it was 8.5 thats as high as my ph strips go, I sucked it up into a syringe and inserted 5ml, Im pretty sure 1/2 of it just came straight back out mmmmmm

Atomic good idea! next time I will suck up more of the chunkier bits rather then the watery bits & get into the position first & husband can insert it, OMG the things we do!!

Gizmo I havent seen the video yet, but there's no way I'll be doing the 2 week thing, dont have patience for that.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 10:35 AM
okay ill try those things. one last question on this topic (for now hahah). why on IG did they say to wash the outside of the shell, and put it in a glass bowl for 2 weeks in the fridge? then take it out and crack, leave at room temp, etc.

why put in a glass bowl and why for 2 weeks?

That is one of the mysteries of the ages LOL. No one seems to know exactly why that is but some people have said they think it raises the pH.

The leaving at room temp. is for sure for pH and also because cold egg white could potentially kill sperm.